If Knicks land Nash, Dwight should be next

fender0577

Rotation player
No disrespect but this the type of thinking that got us a Bronze Medal 2 Olympics ago!

A team with the best players at the best positions do not amount to the best team!

Again if I had an expansion team and needed a cornerstone, then no question I would pick Dwight!

But per the needs of The Knicks right now, the best player for us is Tyson.

Now...say we traded away Amare in brought in a player like David Lee or KMart then I would take Dwight

But...for better or worst Amare is our PF and he and Dwight does not make sense.

Tyson is not better than Dwight...just better for The Knicks.

Teams that would take Tyson over Dwight with their roster as is

Knicks
Heat
Spurs
Mavericks
Celtics
Chicago
Good points, but if we make that move Amare and TC would be packed in that deal, and he has the post game that neither off them posses.Then you either get a brute or a stretch 4, but he'll control the paint on defense better than TC, and better on offense the STAT, what's the problem.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
That's pretty much all of the advantages, last i checked.You guys are right that, Dwight has been immature this year, i can't argue that, but his coach was just as immature, it's like Melo vs D'antoni, but once the right guy was brought in, his attitude changed, and we saw a different guy.I believe Howard needs the same kind of change, and we'll see some maturing.I don't think just because your the best, a Chip will just fall in your lap, but i do think he gives use a better shot to win it all than TC does.His post game alone makes it worth the move, him in the post is a miss match every night, so wide open shot's will be available all the time.It's not about being greedy at all, it's about upgrading if you have a chance to, i appreciate TC, but if you can get a better player, you do it, period.
The problem with Dwight is he wants the Ball and he wants to be the Man and be the go to guy every play. We already have Amare+Melo (whom still dont know how to play together) there is only one basketball. yes steve nash could probably make the tandem work, matter fact i know he could. I dont know it's just a LOVE/HATE move for me. I pull the trigger on it if Dwight gives us FULL COMMITMENT i don't really trust his bi-polar-ness.

I just really dont see the point of giving up Lin&chandler if we have Nash, who can easily slither into the lane and feed Chandler the ball where he is comfortable for a dunk. Chandler is not completely useless on offense iv'e seen him attack the basket plenty times leading to a foul attempt. + he stated he might be joining Amare to work with Hakeem on post moves.

Howard is a Pipe dream but it isn't a MUST HAVE type move, i wouldn't be against it but i wouldn't be completely in favor of it either.. but thats just me you can call me crazy all you want lol.

Ill say this though in 2 years when Nash, Melo, and Amare are expiring it wouldn't be bad to build around Howard for the future.

Last edited:

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I think every1 else said it best but I'll just say this. Dwight may be in the NBA and one of the best centers in the game right now if not the best or most dominant... but he is far from a professional.

fender0577

Rotation player
The problem with Dwight is he wants the Ball and he wants to be the Man and be the go to guy every play. We already have Amare+Melo (whom still dont know how to play together) there is only one basketball. yes steve nash could probably make the tandem work, matter fact i know he could. I dont know it's just a LOVE/HATE move for me. I pull the trigger on it if Dwight gives us FULL COMMITMENT i don't really trust his bi-polar-ness.

I just really dont see the point of giving up Lin&chandler if we have Nash, who can easily slither into the lane and feed Chandler the ball where he is comfortable for a dunk. Chandler is not completely useless on offense iv'e seen him attack the basket plenty times leading to a foul attempt. + he stated he might be joining Amare to work with Hakeem on post moves.

Howard is a Pipe dream but it isn't a MUST HAVE type move, i wouldn't be against it but i wouldn't be completely in favor of it either.. but thats just me you can call me crazy all you want lol.

Ill say this though in 2 years when Nash, Melo, and Amare are expiring it wouldn't be bad to build around Howard for the future.
Understood, i was just saying, you get the best player availabe, and they'd want TC AND Amare, i doubt they'd take LIN and TC, if their that stupid, you definitely do that deal.There's enough touches for him and Melo, and they won't be stepping on each other's toe's.With Howard we immediately challenge MIA for the title.

RealNYK78

Rookie
I see Why James Dolan love you Fans...

"Leader of Men" LOL LOL ok...Howard is DOMINATE BIG MAN in his Prime case close..He can do what Chandler and STAT both do..and HE DOES get Injury..If that deal is there You do it ASAP...and stop this NON SENSE!!!

RealNYK78

Rookie
LOL WOW....Drug test please..

How you gonna put NY Knicks up there with Teams that been Winning over 60 games past 4 season and play top Notch Defense...what the Hell you guys be SMoking....All of those teams not the Bulls PLay thru there star and play defense n won a ring...NY is trying to do that with Woodson.. You trade IF there was a GENIE..Chandler n Stat for Howard..you could be more flexible cap wise to add more pieces n OPen the Court for Melo...

No disrespect but this the type of thinking that got us a Bronze Medal 2 Olympics ago!

A team with the best players at the best positions do not amount to the best team!

Again if I had an expansion team and needed a cornerstone, then no question I would pick Dwight!

But per the needs of The Knicks right now, the best player for us is Tyson.

Now...say we traded away Amare in brought in a player like David Lee or KMart then I would take Dwight

But...for better or worst Amare is our PF and he and Dwight does not make sense.

Tyson is not better than Dwight...just better for The Knicks.

Teams that would take Tyson over Dwight with their roster as is

Knicks
Heat
Spurs
Mavericks
Celtics
Chicago

nuckles2k2

Superstar
"Leader of Men" LOL LOL ok...Howard is DOMINATE BIG MAN in his Prime case close..He can do what Chandler and STAT both do..and HE DOES get Injury..If that deal is there You do it ASAP...and stop this NON SENSE!!!

Yes...leader of men. For instance, if we were in any sort of team environment, where we would greatly benefit from working as a unit, and you came in talking crazy like your last 2 posts...if I could get away with looking you straight in the face and say "whatever *****, shut the **** up" and walk away from you...that clearly shows my disrespect for you as a person, and as a man (assuming you're over 18) and that's not going to get us anywhere.

In a team dynamic, you don't have to like your teammate, but you gotta respect him.

In the situation I just described...who do you think would have a single teammate, of any status, rookie to 16 year vet, talk to him that way? Tyson or Dwight?

If your answer is Tyson, you have no idea what you're talking about.

If your answer is Dwight...this is why I would not trade Tyson for him.

Melo isn't a boisterous vocal leader, and STAT took a step back and acquiesced in his leadership role to Melo and Chandler this season (which isn't really a quality of true leadership, sharing is one thing, vanishing behind someone else, is another).

Tyson filled in admirably for us last year, and the offensive boost that Dwight brings, is unnecessary in this team dynamic. We don't need our 5 to need the ball on O, offensive boards and put-backs will suffice (on offense) and Tyson gave us that. Center is not a concern...at all, and it would be a downgrade in leadership, yes, LEADERSHIP.

I don't see the appeal.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Guys Tyson has a ring and changed the whole culture of a Knicks team that use to be laughed at for its poor defense. And he made us a top team on defense with Mike d as our coach for half a season....those are accomplishments that Dwight hasn't matched lol

fender0577

Rotation player
Like i said in my earlier post, if we had a chance at Howard, you do it, period.People he's a better defender than TC, sorry.