Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: If Knicks land Nash, Dwight should be next

  1. #16
    Superstar elcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    Who' better player?

    Who's the better player?
    good work ignoring everything they just said and asking the same question twice. IF you read what they wrote then you would notice that its not always about "whos the better player"

  2. #17
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by elcol
    good work ignoring everything they just said and asking the same question twice. IF you read what they wrote then you would notice that its not always about "whos the better player"
    Calm down i read their post and it's always about who's better, just because you don't like someone's attitude, doesn't mean they not a better fit for your team.Most of you guys are crying about his off the court situation and over looking who's the better player.Good work for not bringing anything to this debate.

  3. #18
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Tyson Chandler DOMINATES Dwight Howard everytime they matchup, check Dwights numbers vs Tyson. They are way beyond what he would put up against anybody else.

    The problem in this league nowadays is that the number of dominate big men in this league have gradually DECREASED giving players like BYNUM and HOWARD advantages basically every night.

    Chandler is a TRUE leader, Dwight gives up on his team when things aren't going his way and thats a FACT. Isn't Dwight the same guy who threatened to sit out the playoffs because he didn't want to play for van gundy . I kind of feel bad for the Magic last season having to deal with so much Howard drama.

    Yes DWIGHT HOWARD is the better all around player, i can agree there, but just because your a better player does not mean a championship will fall into your lap. Leadership, team work and the will to WIN also plays a role.

    Peep the Mavs and Heat in the finals, how did the old mavs win against the heat? wasn't Lebron the best player on the floor? They won because of Leadership from Tyson, Dirk/Terry's will to win and all around TEAM effort.

    Peep Thunder vs HEat finals, How did they win? Lebron finally showed some Leadership and confidence (something he lacked last season)

    Dwight on the other hand is a cry baby who demands the ball everytime down the court, then yells at his teammates when they make mistakes. Call me again when this guy matures

    Everyone knows Dwight is a better overall player than Chandler, but i'd take Chandlers leadership, dominate defensive effort, and heart to win over Drama queen Dwight any day.

    The only advantage Dwight has over Chandler is he is YOUNGER more ATHELITIC and Has a POST GAME. so... is that worth trading Lin and Chandler for when you already have Amare and Melo? plus i think OP had Nash as the PG? come on now stop being greedy and appreciate what tyson brings im sick of trading everything we get.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 02, 2012 at 16:18.

  4. #19
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    Ok i wasn't going to say anything on this matter, but i had to.I love TC just as much as the next knicks fan, but i'm not blinded by my love of the knicks, if Dwight is available you get him, stop with these stupid reasons why you wouldn't take Howard over TC, stop trying to convince yourselves you wouldn't do that deal in a heartbeat.We're a better team with Howard period, like i said earlier i love TC, but i'm not going to fool myself, and you guys shouldn't either.

    No disrespect but this the type of thinking that got us a Bronze Medal 2 Olympics ago!

    A team with the best players at the best positions do not amount to the best team!

    Again if I had an expansion team and needed a cornerstone, then no question I would pick Dwight!

    But per the needs of The Knicks right now, the best player for us is Tyson.

    Now...say we traded away Amare in brought in a player like David Lee or KMart then I would take Dwight

    But...for better or worst Amare is our PF and he and Dwight does not make sense.


    Tyson is not better than Dwight...just better for The Knicks.


    Teams that would take Tyson over Dwight with their roster as is

    Knicks
    Heat
    Spurs
    Mavericks
    Celtics
    Chicago

  5. #20
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Tyson Chandler DOMINATES Dwight Howard everytime they matchup, check Dwights numbers vs Tyson. They are way beyond what he would put up against anybody else.

    The problem in this league nowadays is that the number of dominate big men in this league have gradually DECREASED giving players like BYNUM and HOWARD advantages basically every night.

    Chandler is a TRUE leader, Dwight gives up on his team when things aren't going his way and thats a FACT. Isn't Dwight the same guy who threatened to sit out the playoffs because he didn't want to play for van gundy . I kind of feel bad for the Magic last season having to deal with so much Howard drama.

    Yes DWIGHT HOWARD is the better all around player, i can agree there, but just because your a better player does not mean a championship will fall into your lap. Leadership, team work and the will to WIN also plays a role.

    Peep the Mavs and Heat in the finals, how did the old mavs win against the heat? wasn't Lebron the best player on the floor? They won because of Leadership from Tyson, Dirk/Terry's will to win and all around TEAM effort.

    Peep Thunder vs HEat finals, How did they win? Lebron finally showed some Leadership and confidence (something he lacked last season)

    Dwight on the other hand is a cry baby who demands the ball everytime down the court, then yells at his teammates when they make mistakes. Call me again when this guy matures

    Everyone knows Dwight is a better overall player than Chandler, but i'd take Chandlers leadership, dominate defensive effort, and heart to win over Drama queen Dwight any day.

    The only advantage Dwight has over Chandler is he is YOUNGER more ATHELITIC and Has a POST GAME. so... is that worth trading Lin and Chandler for when you already have Amare and Melo? plus i think OP had Nash as the PG? come on now stop being greedy and appreciate what tyson brings im sick of trading everything we get.
    That's pretty much all of the advantages, last i checked.You guys are right that, Dwight has been immature this year, i can't argue that, but his coach was just as immature, it's like Melo vs D'antoni, but once the right guy was brought in, his attitude changed, and we saw a different guy.I believe Howard needs the same kind of change, and we'll see some maturing.I don't think just because your the best, a Chip will just fall in your lap, but i do think he gives use a better shot to win it all than TC does.His post game alone makes it worth the move, him in the post is a miss match every night, so wide open shot's will be available all the time.It's not about being greedy at all, it's about upgrading if you have a chance to, i appreciate TC, but if you can get a better player, you do it, period.

  6. #21
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    No disrespect but this the type of thinking that got us a Bronze Medal 2 Olympics ago!

    A team with the best players at the best positions do not amount to the best team!

    Again if I had an expansion team and needed a cornerstone, then no question I would pick Dwight!

    But per the needs of The Knicks right now, the best player for us is Tyson.

    Now...say we traded away Amare in brought in a player like David Lee or KMart then I would take Dwight

    But...for better or worst Amare is our PF and he and Dwight does not make sense.


    Tyson is not better than Dwight...just better for The Knicks.


    Teams that would take Tyson over Dwight with their roster as is

    Knicks
    Heat
    Spurs
    Mavericks
    Celtics
    Chicago
    Good points, but if we make that move Amare and TC would be packed in that deal, and he has the post game that neither off them posses.Then you either get a brute or a stretch 4, but he'll control the paint on defense better than TC, and better on offense the STAT, what's the problem.

  7. #22
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    That's pretty much all of the advantages, last i checked.You guys are right that, Dwight has been immature this year, i can't argue that, but his coach was just as immature, it's like Melo vs D'antoni, but once the right guy was brought in, his attitude changed, and we saw a different guy.I believe Howard needs the same kind of change, and we'll see some maturing.I don't think just because your the best, a Chip will just fall in your lap, but i do think he gives use a better shot to win it all than TC does.His post game alone makes it worth the move, him in the post is a miss match every night, so wide open shot's will be available all the time.It's not about being greedy at all, it's about upgrading if you have a chance to, i appreciate TC, but if you can get a better player, you do it, period.
    The problem with Dwight is he wants the Ball and he wants to be the Man and be the go to guy every play. We already have Amare+Melo (whom still dont know how to play together) there is only one basketball. yes steve nash could probably make the tandem work, matter fact i know he could. I dont know it's just a LOVE/HATE move for me. I pull the trigger on it if Dwight gives us FULL COMMITMENT i don't really trust his bi-polar-ness.

    I just really dont see the point of giving up Lin&chandler if we have Nash, who can easily slither into the lane and feed Chandler the ball where he is comfortable for a dunk. Chandler is not completely useless on offense iv'e seen him attack the basket plenty times leading to a foul attempt. + he stated he might be joining Amare to work with Hakeem on post moves.

    Howard is a Pipe dream but it isn't a MUST HAVE type move, i wouldn't be against it but i wouldn't be completely in favor of it either.. but thats just me you can call me crazy all you want lol.

    Ill say this though in 2 years when Nash, Melo, and Amare are expiring it wouldn't be bad to build around Howard for the future.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 02, 2012 at 17:37.

  8. #23
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I think every1 else said it best but I'll just say this. Dwight may be in the NBA and one of the best centers in the game right now if not the best or most dominant... but he is far from a professional.

  9. #24
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    The problem with Dwight is he wants the Ball and he wants to be the Man and be the go to guy every play. We already have Amare+Melo (whom still dont know how to play together) there is only one basketball. yes steve nash could probably make the tandem work, matter fact i know he could. I dont know it's just a LOVE/HATE move for me. I pull the trigger on it if Dwight gives us FULL COMMITMENT i don't really trust his bi-polar-ness.

    I just really dont see the point of giving up Lin&chandler if we have Nash, who can easily slither into the lane and feed Chandler the ball where he is comfortable for a dunk. Chandler is not completely useless on offense iv'e seen him attack the basket plenty times leading to a foul attempt. + he stated he might be joining Amare to work with Hakeem on post moves.

    Howard is a Pipe dream but it isn't a MUST HAVE type move, i wouldn't be against it but i wouldn't be completely in favor of it either.. but thats just me you can call me crazy all you want lol.

    Ill say this though in 2 years when Nash, Melo, and Amare are expiring it wouldn't be bad to build around Howard for the future.
    Understood, i was just saying, you get the best player availabe, and they'd want TC AND Amare, i doubt they'd take LIN and TC, if their that stupid, you definitely do that deal.There's enough touches for him and Melo, and they won't be stepping on each other's toe's.With Howard we immediately challenge MIA for the title.

  10. #25
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default I see Why James Dolan love you Fans...

    "Leader of Men" LOL LOL ok...Howard is DOMINATE BIG MAN in his Prime case close..He can do what Chandler and STAT both do..and HE DOES get Injury..If that deal is there You do it ASAP...and stop this NON SENSE!!!

  11. #26
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default LOL WOW....Drug test please..

    How you gonna put NY Knicks up there with Teams that been Winning over 60 games past 4 season and play top Notch Defense...what the Hell you guys be SMoking....All of those teams not the Bulls PLay thru there star and play defense n won a ring...NY is trying to do that with Woodson.. You trade IF there was a GENIE..Chandler n Stat for Howard..you could be more flexible cap wise to add more pieces n OPen the Court for Melo...





    Originally Posted by New New York
    No disrespect but this the type of thinking that got us a Bronze Medal 2 Olympics ago!

    A team with the best players at the best positions do not amount to the best team!

    Again if I had an expansion team and needed a cornerstone, then no question I would pick Dwight!

    But per the needs of The Knicks right now, the best player for us is Tyson.

    Now...say we traded away Amare in brought in a player like David Lee or KMart then I would take Dwight

    But...for better or worst Amare is our PF and he and Dwight does not make sense.


    Tyson is not better than Dwight...just better for The Knicks.


    Teams that would take Tyson over Dwight with their roster as is

    Knicks
    Heat
    Spurs
    Mavericks
    Celtics
    Chicago

  12. #27
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by RealNYK78
    "Leader of Men" LOL LOL ok...Howard is DOMINATE BIG MAN in his Prime case close..He can do what Chandler and STAT both do..and HE DOES get Injury..If that deal is there You do it ASAP...and stop this NON SENSE!!!
    Yes...leader of men. For instance, if we were in any sort of team environment, where we would greatly benefit from working as a unit, and you came in talking crazy like your last 2 posts...if I could get away with looking you straight in the face and say "whatever *****, shut the **** up" and walk away from you...that clearly shows my disrespect for you as a person, and as a man (assuming you're over 18) and that's not going to get us anywhere.

    In a team dynamic, you don't have to like your teammate, but you gotta respect him.

    In the situation I just described...who do you think would have a single teammate, of any status, rookie to 16 year vet, talk to him that way? Tyson or Dwight?

    If your answer is Tyson, you have no idea what you're talking about.

    If your answer is Dwight...this is why I would not trade Tyson for him.


    Melo isn't a boisterous vocal leader, and STAT took a step back and acquiesced in his leadership role to Melo and Chandler this season (which isn't really a quality of true leadership, sharing is one thing, vanishing behind someone else, is another).

    Tyson filled in admirably for us last year, and the offensive boost that Dwight brings, is unnecessary in this team dynamic. We don't need our 5 to need the ball on O, offensive boards and put-backs will suffice (on offense) and Tyson gave us that. Center is not a concern...at all, and it would be a downgrade in leadership, yes, LEADERSHIP.

    I don't see the appeal.
    Last edited by nuckles2k2; Jul 03, 2012 at 19:27.

  13. #28
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Guys Tyson has a ring and changed the whole culture of a Knicks team that use to be laughed at for its poor defense. And he made us a top team on defense with Mike d as our coach for half a season....those are accomplishments that Dwight hasn't matched lol

  14. #29
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Like i said in my earlier post, if we had a chance at Howard, you do it, period.People he's a better defender than TC, sorry.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks Offseason Summer Spending (MUST READ)
    By mafra in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: May 23, 2012, 18:15
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 11, 2011, 03:36
  3. Bucks @ Knicks 22/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2010, 17:39
  4. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  5. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 11:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •