Brooklyn gets Joe Johnson...possibly Howard?

Will Nets keep Joe Johnson or trade for Dwight?

• Keep Joe Johnson

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Trade him for Dwight

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Wargames

Starter
This is the most "full Retard" FA ever.... I mean we mock the Knicks FO and their history of dumb moves but dammit some of the moves this offseason make Isiah Thomas look like a visionary. I'm honestly scared the knicks will go hard and do something crazy just because doing something crazy is normal right now. Jrue Holiday is asking for a max contract.... Jrue frigging Holiday.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Too much overhyping our boys, and indiscriminately negging other players/squads. Reminds me of the insane lack of understanding on that many had for so long about how superor Lebron is.

ATL:

Jeff Teague
JoeJ
Marvin Williams
JSmith
Horford -- edit -- who was injured last year, but I'll assume was healthy

Deron Williams alone is better than every single player on that roster. And this is a PG driven league, and they just got one of the very best:

Heat -- Lebron

OKC -- Westbrook

Bulls -- Rose

Celtics -- Rondo

What did we lack all season that ****ed us up so bad? PG

What did we gain during a stretch where our ship was righted and we had real promise: PG

JoeJ a wash between the teams, tho now that he as a stud PG, he should be even more effective and not have to worry so much about distributing.

Wallace is 10x the player Marvin Williams is. And he fits great on the team.

Note: the Nets team *fits*. As Knick fans, I understand we haven't actually experienced this phenomina in about a decade, but it exists.

Smith is better than Humphries -- Smith is also wild, and plays like he is the offensive centerpiece of ATL....which is one reason ATL never goes that far. Humphries rebounds and scores through mop up work at a high level, and a very efficient level. Exactly what they need from their PF.

Horford is definitely better than Lopez. Both have some health concerns. Assuming they both are healthy: Horford's biggest strengths comparatively are rebounding and distribution of the rock -- two things the Nets are set at with Deron/JJ, Wallace/Humphrie tandems.

The Nets, in pure total talent, are superior to the ATL teams you mention.

But just as vital, they fit much better, and fit very well together (on paper, anyhow).

The combination of this, would suggest a team much superior to ATL -- i.e., a notch below the upper crust of the NBA, with some potential for more given Brooks' talent as 6th man, and Lopez' upside.

I agree on some, disagree on other points you have made.

Joe Johnson's play will not change based on his backcourt mate, like you said it will be a wash.

But my comparison to Atlanta does not mean the makeup of the teams are identical, so your head to head comparison to Atlanta is highly misleading. not to mention you mentioned nothing of Atlanta's bench (Ivan Johnson,Pachulia and Willie Green), but that honestly does not matter.

I used Atlanta because they are relevant to the topic, but you can easily compare this Nets team to Memphis, Nuggets, Dallas or Indiana....a playoff team for sure, but formidable?

You mentioned their starting five and 6th man, but then what? Plus they have two untradable players in Joe Johnson and Wallace....and depending on what they give Humphries he could be a 3rd, meaning this will be the team they move with.

You talk about how well they fit, but if any of those players with the exception of Humphries misses any time then they are dramactially different, if either Williams or Johnson misses they are a lottery team again!

Look there is a natural bias here, I am a Knicks fan, these cowards are now in our territory so I wish them nothing but the worst....but hate a side, I am not at all intimated by this team!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Orlando should just tell him to stay away from the organization, dont come around just collect your checks and move on. Unless a team offers them something they're willing to take and make them better then do it if not let him walk.

I hate the "at least get something in return"

its like if your GF is breaking up with you and says well you can **** her for the next year then work things out after while she moves on to a guy with better assets, NO you say bye bitch leave and you get ya **** together for a year, find a better chick who wants to be with you through the long run and keep it moving

Forrest17

Rotation player
Honestly I didn't know all that much about JJ before this trade talk, but after looking at his stats, some videos, and his contracts. I don't even friggin understand how the nets could be this stupid.

WTF are they thinking trading for this guy.. Giving up picks??? Atlanta should give up picks to get him OUT of there. They should be sending the nets a thank you card. And this really does kill the chances of any sort of big duo/ trio forming in Brooklyn. They will never have enough cap room for him now,

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
good point :? lol, i'd love to see his new wishlist.

the Nyets can still make a package for Howard they still have assets and i think some picks. I doubt they get him though

Here's a look at the apparent proposal.

The Nets and Magic are engaged in trade talks involving Dwight Howard.

Brooklyn would send a re-signed Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, along with their first round pick in 2013, 2015 and 2017 to the Magic. A re-signed Kris Humphries would need to also be included with a third team taking him.

The Magic are talking to other teams in addition to the Nets and nothing is imminent.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222007/Nets_Magic_Discussing_Dwight_Howard_Trade#ixzz1zZGAW400

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;239118 said:

Possible, because the Nets didn't assume doggystyle in their negotiations for JoeJ, and kept Brooks/Lopez/Green.

Melo is still a **** for saying he'd be open to getting dealt to NJ (assuming he really just wanted to come and win in NYC), but goddamn Dolan for actually treating his word like gospel, and negotiating with the grace of a 7th grader at a school dance.

My votes of confidence in NJ (vs us) stem not just from the current rosters pitted against one another, but how painfully (painfully) obvious it is that we have been getting mercilessly outclassed in more ways than one by them from an organizational standpoint.

*NJ plays Dolan like a fiddle, and helps ensure we give up as much as humanly conceivable in the Melo deal

*NJ after "losing" on Melo, insta-flips for Deron Williams and gives up a bag of lint in the process

*They gamble on Gerald Wallace, and it pays off, with him re-signing

*They trade for JoeJ, and bargain way down from where initial points began

And they still have options for more potential blockbusters, and their core of top youth (Lopez, Brooks, Green) locked up.

Whether the Nets actually ARE so much better than us, if at all, almost isn't the point.

If you compare the above, with the past 3 or 4 major moves we've made with trades/deals......it's actually laughable.

iSaYughh

Starter
I agree on some, disagree on other points you have made.

Joe Johnson's play will not change based on his backcourt mate, like you said it will be a wash.

But my comparison to Atlanta does not mean the makeup of the teams are identical, so your head to head comparison to Atlanta is highly misleading. not to mention you mentioned nothing of Atlanta's bench (Ivan Johnson,Pachulia and Willie Green), but that honestly does not matter.

I used Atlanta because they are relevant to the topic, but you can easily compare this Nets team to Memphis, Nuggets, Dallas or Indiana....a playoff team for sure, but formidable?

You mentioned their starting five and 6th man, but then what? Plus they have two untradable players in Joe Johnson and Wallace....and depending on what they give Humphries he could be a 3rd, meaning this will be the team they move with.

You talk about how well they fit, but if any of those players with the exception of Humphries misses any time then they are dramactially different, if either Williams or Johnson misses they are a lottery team again!

Look there is a natural bias here, I am a Knicks fan, these cowards are now in our territory so I wish them nothing but the worst....but hate a side, I am not at all intimated by this team!

Fair enough, I can respect that analysis.

But the big difference between the Nets and Indiana, eg, or the Hawks for that matter (and DEN, too) -- is that they have the legit star power you need to thrive in the NBA today, and they have it in a PG, which is so important. Look at the top teams and who their best player or major, necessary force is:

OKC -- Westbrook
Celtics -- Rondo
MIA -- Lebron
CHI -- Rose
SAN -- Parker (note the amazing, arguably career year Parker had...coincides with the "magical" dominant title run they had this season!)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Possible, because the Nets didn't assume doggystyle in their negotiations for JoeJ, and kept Brooks/Lopez/Green.

Melo is still a **** for saying he'd be open to getting dealt to NJ (assuming he really just wanted to come and win in NYC), but goddamn Dolan for actually treating his word like gospel, and negotiating with the grace of a 7th grader at a school dance.

My votes of confidence in NJ (vs us) stem not just from the current rosters pitted against one another, but how painfully (painfully) obvious it is that we have been getting mercilessly outclassed in more ways than one by them from an organizational standpoint.

*NJ plays Dolan like a fiddle, and helps ensure we give up as much as humanly conceivable in the Melo deal

*NJ after "losing" on Melo, insta-flips for Deron Williams and gives up a bag of lint in the process

And they still have options for more potential blockbusters, and their core of top youth (Lopez, Brooks, Green) locked up.

Whether the Nets actually ARE so much better than us, if at all, almost isn't the point.

If you compare the above, with the past 3 or 4 major moves we've made with trades/deals......it's actually laughable.

You sadden me with the truth.

It's been a while since I've weighed Melo and DWil against one another, and if it weren't for the fluke of Jeremy Lin, I'd no doubt still be moaning like Oprah's vagina.

Sigh.

FrazierVocab

Benchwarmer
Supposedly a blockbuster trade is in the works again for D12...

Magic get: Lopez, Humphries, Brooks, 2013 pick, 2015 pick, and a 2017 pick

Nets get: Dwight

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Crazy⑧s;239118 said:
I saw this earlier, if the Nyets can pull it off and the trade goes through, they are going into Brooklyn with all smiles and a potential deadly roster.

REP Worthy post

WeReady

Benchwarmer
they are also saying they would have to take back hero turkolu but how would all those salaries match under the cap?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Just because James Dolan is incompetent you blame Melo for saying he'd be fine with the Knicks or Nets? Melo wanted New York, im sure he prefered us over the Nets but the Nets we're going to Brooklyn so it would have worked out. James Dolan deserves 100% of the blame because he let the Nets jerk him off.

Damn guys the seasons over and we're still hatin on Melo lmao

Paul1355

All Star
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8125453/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-go-brooklyn-nets-sources-say

Yea guys we should start worrying....a team with D Will, Joe Johnson and Dwight is just as good maybe better than the Knicks.

This is why we need Lin to be a great PG and/or have Nash come here so we can be a great passing team.

This is making me dislike Amare even more...his contract is such a burden on this team...we could swing moves for Dwight or someone else that is so much better right now....Amare better step it up.

iSaYughh

Starter
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8125453/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-go-brooklyn-nets-sources-say

Yea guys we should start worrying....a team with D Will, Joe Johnson and Dwight is just as good maybe better than the Heat.

This is why we need Lin to be a great PG and/or have Nash come here so we can be a great passing team.

This is making me dislike Amare even more...his contract is such a burden on this team...we could swing moves for Dwight or someone else that is so much better right now....Amare better step it up.

Just as good maybe better than the Knicks? :(

FYP

I'd still take MIA, assuming Wade stays healthy, and the HEAT are up so many tempos since enacting their master plan --> gradually improving each year with MLE type deals.

But if you want to beat MIA, it will be by attacking their two weakest links: Center and PG, with legit stud PGs and Cs.....which both Deron and Howard are.

MIA is also susceptible to the 3, which will make a player like JJ quite effective.

You also need superb athletes, like Wallace.

Let us pray they do not get this deal done. Give how bad ORL wants Dwight *OFF* the team at this point, just as he wants off the team, it seems fairly likely to me, assuming any validity to the rumors.

Props to a real GM who is more cunning than he is a ****.....

:barf:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Did you guys forget Gerald Wallace resigned with the Nets?
D.Will + Wallace + plus JJ= no price for Dwight or am I wrong?

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;239121 said:
You sadden me with the truth.

It's been a while since I've weighed Melo and DWil against one another, and if it weren't for the fluke of Jeremy Lin, I'd no doubt still be moaning like Oprah's vagina.

Sigh.

LOL!

Too, too true.

The utter fluke of Lin falling into our laps not withstanding, and we would already be considering our current team and future, a glossier version of Primetime Isiah years.

It's not a convenient truth, especially since so many don't like the actual man himself, but:

our final out card in the deck, and lifeboat, was when we coulda flipped Melo (and of course kept D'antoni, though he of course also could have been fired after the playoffs, if we didn't perform well).

Dolan decided against D'antoni -- and also Walsh's vision and strategy -- and in a final, definitive stroke, set in stone what is and will be our team and future.

Even if you think MDA is the worst coach in the world, it's pretty clear that his departure was a bad (very bad) thing, in the grand scope of things.

And personally, I'd have been interested to see what MDA coulda done with the team w/o Melo, and with Lin and the addition of a replacement star like Deron. Let's not forget that offense, and team chemistry, was our weak point -- not defense. I will forever believe we could have achieved a deadly, top3 NBA offense with MDA with a few simple moves, and maintained, and continued to improve, upon the top10 D we also had under him last year.

iSaYughh

Starter
Did you guys forget Gerald Wallace resigned with the Nets?
D.Will + Wallace + plus JJ= no price for Dwight or am I wrong?

That's what I thought, too, but nobody has been reporting that point.

I figured there's some clauses that make it work? But idk, now that you mentioned it....how is it conceivably possible?

Be three maxes and a 10M/yr contract.