View Poll Results: Will Nets keep Joe Johnson or trade for Dwight?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Joe Johnson

17 65.38%
  • Trade him for Dwight

9 34.62%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn gets Joe Johnson...possibly Howard?

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    What do the Mavs have to offer though?

Huge trade for the Hawks. Got rid of a contract almost as shlt as Stoudemire's.

If the Nets pull off something for Howard and keep Williams, which seems pretty unlikely after this, they're instantly vying for supremacy in the East.

★ Looks like Indiana have lost Hibbert, BTW. that's awesome for us, especially if there's a beast brewing in Brooklyn.
    good point lol, i'd love to see his new wishlist.

the Nyets can still make a package for Howard they still have assets and i think some picks. I doubt they get him though

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718

the Nyets can still make a package for Howard they still have assets and i think some picks. I doubt they get him though
    Wasn't he quoted saying that he'd ~ a) only sign with one team, and b) wants to go to the Nets?

Could be a massive 5 team deal in the works right now, moving all sorts of picks, expirings and unwanteds.

Gotta love those. And rimjobs.

Wasn't he quoted saying that he'd ~ a) only sign with one team, and b) wants to go to the Nets?

Could be a massive 5 team deal in the works right now, moving all sorts of picks, expirings and unwanteds.

Gotta love those. And rimjobs.
    yeah he did say he wanted to only go to the nyets and wasn't signing an extension elsewhere, but i read the issue was the magic wanted nothing to do with trading howard to the Nyets so instead the Nyets turn to the Hawks and grab joe johnson.

The only way i see a Howard getting traded to the Nets is if

1. He pulls a Carmelo

or

2. the Nyets get a 3rd team involved

the Magic dont really HAVE to send him to the Nyets but instead they can just as well send him to a team dumb enough to take Howard even if it's just a rental.

Howard deserves to be stuck where he doesn't want to be if you ask me, he clearly had the Option to Opt OUT but the fool opts IN and remains with the Magic knowing thats not where he really wants to be smh he can blame nobody but himself

Just because Joe Johnson is overpaid doesnt mean he is not one of the top 5 SG in the league today, now he will be in a system that is run by a true PG and we all know JJ had to always take his man off the dribble in ATL for him to score but now he can move without the ball and use pick and rolls more so i expect him to drop 22ppg this year on 47% shooting, and we are all forgetting that Deron WIlliams Is THE BEST PG on earth with a post player down low and basically Landry Fields 5.0 in gerald wallace and the clean up guy in humphries. I would not want to play this team in the playoffs.

What people are failing to realize here is this. If Deron Is indeed going to sign back with the nets, the mavericks are going to turn their attention to Nash. I believe if Dallas comes with a serious offer for Nash he signs with them in a heartbeat. Thus maybe giving Toronto incentive to offer a poison pill type contract to Lin. Now If we dont get Nash, no doubt we will match Lins offer, but be wary. If Lin does not come back like he was last season, and truly was a flash in the pan so to say(not my belief, just hypothetically speaking) we could be in for some trouble down the line. Just something to think abpout and some hypotheticals.

This is the most "full Retard" FA ever.... I mean we mock the Knicks FO and their history of dumb moves but dammit some of the moves this offseason make Isiah Thomas look like a visionary. I'm honestly scared the knicks will go hard and do something crazy just because doing something crazy is normal right now. Jrue Holiday is asking for a max contract.... Jrue frigging Holiday.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Too much overhyping our boys, and indiscriminately negging other players/squads. Reminds me of the insane lack of understanding on that many had for so long about how superor Lebron is.

ATL:

Jeff Teague
    JoeJ
    Marvin Williams
    JSmith
    Horford -- edit -- who was injured last year, but I'll assume was healthy

Deron Williams alone is better than every single player on that roster. And this is a PG driven league, and they just got one of the very best:

Heat -- Lebron

OKC -- Westbrook

Bulls -- Rose

Celtics -- Rondo

What did we lack all season that ****ed us up so bad? PG

What did we gain during a stretch where our ship was righted and we had real promise: PG

JoeJ a wash between the teams, tho now that he as a stud PG, he should be even more effective and not have to worry so much about distributing.

Wallace is 10x the player Marvin Williams is. And he fits great on the team.

Note: the Nets team *fits*. As Knick fans, I understand we haven't actually experienced this phenomina in about a decade, but it exists.

Smith is better than Humphries -- Smith is also wild, and plays like he is the offensive centerpiece of ATL....which is one reason ATL never goes that far. Humphries rebounds and scores through mop up work at a high level, and a very efficient level. Exactly what they need from their PF.

Horford is definitely better than Lopez. Both have some health concerns. Assuming they both are healthy: Horford's biggest strengths comparatively are rebounding and distribution of the rock -- two things the Nets are set at with Deron/JJ, Wallace/Humphrie tandems.

The Nets, in pure total talent, are superior to the ATL teams you mention.

But just as vital, they fit much better, and fit very well together (on paper, anyhow).

The combination of this, would suggest a team much superior to ATL -- i.e., a notch below the upper crust of the NBA, with some potential for more given Brooks' talent as 6th man, and Lopez' upside.

I agree on some, disagree on other points you have made.

Joe Johnson's play will not change based on his backcourt mate, like you said it will be a wash.

But my comparison to Atlanta does not mean the makeup of the teams are identical, so your head to head comparison to Atlanta is highly misleading. not to mention you mentioned nothing of Atlanta's bench (Ivan Johnson,Pachulia and Willie Green), but that honestly does not matter.

I used Atlanta because they are relevant to the topic, but you can easily compare this Nets team to Memphis, Nuggets, Dallas or Indiana....a playoff team for sure, but formidable?

You mentioned their starting five and 6th man, but then what? Plus they have two untradable players in Joe Johnson and Wallace....and depending on what they give Humphries he could be a 3rd, meaning this will be the team they move with.

You talk about how well they fit, but if any of those players with the exception of Humphries misses any time then they are dramactially different, if either Williams or Johnson misses they are a lottery team again!

Look there is a natural bias here, I am a Knicks fan, these cowards are now in our territory so I wish them nothing but the worst....but hate a side, I am not at all intimated by this team!

Orlando should just tell him to stay away from the organization, dont come around just collect your checks and move on. Unless a team offers them something they're willing to take and make them better then do it if not let him walk.

I hate the "at least get something in return"

its like if your GF is breaking up with you and says well you can **** her for the next year then work things out after while she moves on to a guy with better assets, NO you say bye bitch leave and you get ya **** together for a year, find a better chick who wants to be with you through the long run and keep it moving

Superstar

Honestly I didn't know all that much about JJ before this trade talk, but after looking at his stats, some videos, and his contracts. I don't even friggin understand how the nets could be this stupid.

WTF are they thinking trading for this guy.. Giving up picks??? Atlanta should give up picks to get him OUT of there. They should be sending the nets a thank you card. And this really does kill the chances of any sort of big duo/ trio forming in Brooklyn. They will never have enough cap room for him now,

Whether they keep him or not, I like their team A LOT more than what we're working with.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Whether they keep him or not, I like their team A LOT more than what we're working with.

Umm... the nets are back?! Hahahahahahaha

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718

Here's a look at the apparent proposal.

The Nets and Magic are engaged in trade talks involving Dwight Howard.

Brooklyn would send a re-signed Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, along with their first round pick in 2013, 2015 and 2017 to the Magic. A re-signed Kris Humphries would need to also be included with a third team taking him.

The Magic are talking to other teams in addition to the Nets and nothing is imminent.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Here's a look at the apparent proposal.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Possible, because the Nets didn't assume doggystyle in their negotiations for JoeJ, and kept Brooks/Lopez/Green.

Melo is still a **** for saying he'd be open to getting dealt to NJ (assuming he really just wanted to come and win in NYC), but goddamn Dolan for actually treating his word like gospel, and negotiating with the grace of a 7th grader at a school dance.

My votes of confidence in NJ (vs us) stem not just from the current rosters pitted against one another, but how painfully (painfully) obvious it is that we have been getting mercilessly outclassed in more ways than one by them from an organizational standpoint.

*NJ plays Dolan like a fiddle, and helps ensure we give up as much as humanly conceivable in the Melo deal

*NJ after "losing" on Melo, insta-flips for Deron Williams and gives up a bag of lint in the process

*They gamble on Gerald Wallace, and it pays off, with him re-signing

*They trade for JoeJ, and bargain way down from where initial points began

And they still have options for more potential blockbusters, and their core of top youth (Lopez, Brooks, Green) locked up.

Whether the Nets actually ARE so much better than us, if at all, almost isn't the point.

If you compare the above, with the past 3 or 4 major moves we've made with trades/deals......it's actually laughable.

Veteran

Originally Posted by New New York
    I agree on some, disagree on other points you have made.

Joe Johnson's play will not change based on his backcourt mate, like you said it will be a wash.

But my comparison to Atlanta does not mean the makeup of the teams are identical, so your head to head comparison to Atlanta is highly misleading. not to mention you mentioned nothing of Atlanta's bench (Ivan Johnson,Pachulia and Willie Green), but that honestly does not matter.

I used Atlanta because they are relevant to the topic, but you can easily compare this Nets team to Memphis, Nuggets, Dallas or Indiana....a playoff team for sure, but formidable?

You mentioned their starting five and 6th man, but then what? Plus they have two untradable players in Joe Johnson and Wallace....and depending on what they give Humphries he could be a 3rd, meaning this will be the team they move with.

You talk about how well they fit, but if any of those players with the exception of Humphries misses any time then they are dramactially different, if either Williams or Johnson misses they are a lottery team again!

Look there is a natural bias here, I am a Knicks fan, these cowards are now in our territory so I wish them nothing but the worst....but hate a side, I am not at all intimated by this team!
    Fair enough, I can respect that analysis.

But the big difference between the Nets and Indiana, eg, or the Hawks for that matter (and DEN, too) -- is that they have the legit star power you need to thrive in the NBA today, and they have it in a PG, which is so important. Look at the top teams and who their best player or major, necessary force is:

OKC -- Westbrook
    Celtics -- Rondo
    MIA -- Lebron
    CHI -- Rose
    SAN -- Parker (note the amazing, arguably career year Parker had...coincides with the "magical" dominant title run they had this season!)

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Possible, because the Nets didn't assume doggystyle in their negotiations for JoeJ, and kept Brooks/Lopez/Green.

Melo is still a **** for saying he'd be open to getting dealt to NJ (assuming he really just wanted to come and win in NYC), but goddamn Dolan for actually treating his word like gospel, and negotiating with the grace of a 7th grader at a school dance.

My votes of confidence in NJ (vs us) stem not just from the current rosters pitted against one another, but how painfully (painfully) obvious it is that we have been getting mercilessly outclassed in more ways than one by them from an organizational standpoint.

*NJ plays Dolan like a fiddle, and helps ensure we give up as much as humanly conceivable in the Melo deal

*NJ after "losing" on Melo, insta-flips for Deron Williams and gives up a bag of lint in the process

*They gamble on Gerald Wallace, and it pays off, with him re-signing

*They trade for JoeJ, and bargain way down from where initial points began

And they still have options for more potential blockbusters, and their core of top youth (Lopez, Brooks, Green) locked up.

Whether the Nets actually ARE so much better than us, if at all, almost isn't the point.

If you compare the above, with the past 3 or 4 major moves we've made with trades/deals......it's actually laughable.
    You sadden me with the truth.

It's been a while since I've weighed Melo and DWil against one another, and if it weren't for the fluke of Jeremy Lin, I'd no doubt still be moaning like Oprah's vagina.

Sigh.