View Poll Results: Will Nets keep Joe Johnson or trade for Dwight?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Joe Johnson

17 65.38%
  • Trade him for Dwight

9 34.62%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn gets Joe Johnson...possibly Howard?

Supposedly a blockbuster trade is in the works again for D12...

Magic get: Lopez, Humphries, Brooks, 2013 pick, 2015 pick, and a 2017 pick

Nets get: Dwight

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Here's a look at the apparent proposal.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I saw this earlier, if the Nyets can pull it off and the trade goes through, they are going into Brooklyn with all smiles and a potential deadly roster.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Possible, because the Nets didn't assume doggystyle in their negotiations for JoeJ, and kept Brooks/Lopez/Green.

Melo is still a **** for saying he'd be open to getting dealt to NJ (assuming he really just wanted to come and win in NYC), but goddamn Dolan for actually treating his word like gospel, and negotiating with the grace of a 7th grader at a school dance.

My votes of confidence in NJ (vs us) stem not just from the current rosters pitted against one another, but how painfully (painfully) obvious it is that we have been getting mercilessly outclassed in more ways than one by them from an organizational standpoint.

*NJ plays Dolan like a fiddle, and helps ensure we give up as much as humanly conceivable in the Melo deal

*NJ after "losing" on Melo, insta-flips for Deron Williams and gives up a bag of lint in the process

*They gamble on Gerald Wallace, and it pays off, with him re-signing

*They trade for JoeJ, and bargain way down from where initial points began

And they still have options for more potential blockbusters, and their core of top youth (Lopez, Brooks, Green) locked up.

Whether the Nets actually ARE so much better than us, if at all, almost isn't the point.

If you compare the above, with the past 3 or 4 major moves we've made with trades/deals......it's actually laughable.
    REP Worthy post

they are also saying they would have to take back hero turkolu but how would all those salaries match under the cap?

Just because James Dolan is incompetent you blame Melo for saying he'd be fine with the Knicks or Nets? Melo wanted New York, im sure he prefered us over the Nets but the Nets we're going to Brooklyn so it would have worked out. James Dolan deserves 100% of the blame because he let the Nets jerk him off.

Damn guys the seasons over and we're still hatin on Melo lmao

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Yea guys we should start worrying....a team with D Will, Joe Johnson and Dwight is just as good maybe better than the Knicks.

This is why we need Lin to be a great PG and/or have Nash come here so we can be a great passing team.

This is making me dislike Amare even more...his contract is such a burden on this team...we could swing moves for Dwight or someone else that is so much better right now....Amare better step it up.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Yea guys we should start worrying....a team with D Will, Joe Johnson and Dwight is just as good maybe better than the Heat.

This is why we need Lin to be a great PG and/or have Nash come here so we can be a great passing team.

This is making me dislike Amare even more...his contract is such a burden on this team...we could swing moves for Dwight or someone else that is so much better right now....Amare better step it up.
    Just as good maybe better than the Knicks?

FYP

I'd still take MIA, assuming Wade stays healthy, and the HEAT are up so many tempos since enacting their master plan --> gradually improving each year with MLE type deals.

But if you want to beat MIA, it will be by attacking their two weakest links: Center and PG, with legit stud PGs and Cs.....which both Deron and Howard are.

MIA is also susceptible to the 3, which will make a player like JJ quite effective.

You also need superb athletes, like Wallace.

Let us pray they do not get this deal done. Give how bad ORL wants Dwight *OFF* the team at this point, just as he wants off the team, it seems fairly likely to me, assuming any validity to the rumors.

Props to a real GM who is more cunning than he is a ****.....

Did you guys forget Gerald Wallace resigned with the Nets?
    D.Will + Wallace + plus JJ= no price for Dwight or am I wrong?

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    You sadden me with the truth.

It's been a while since I've weighed Melo and DWil against one another, and if it weren't for the fluke of Jeremy Lin, I'd no doubt still be moaning like Oprah's vagina.

Sigh.
    LOL!

Too, too true.

The utter fluke of Lin falling into our laps not withstanding, and we would already be considering our current team and future, a glossier version of Primetime Isiah years.

It's not a convenient truth, especially since so many don't like the actual man himself, but:

our final out card in the deck, and lifeboat, was when we coulda flipped Melo (and of course kept D'antoni, though he of course also could have been fired after the playoffs, if we didn't perform well).

Dolan decided against D'antoni -- and also Walsh's vision and strategy -- and in a final, definitive stroke, set in stone what is and will be our team and future.

Even if you think MDA is the worst coach in the world, it's pretty clear that his departure was a bad (very bad) thing, in the grand scope of things.

And personally, I'd have been interested to see what MDA coulda done with the team w/o Melo, and with Lin and the addition of a replacement star like Deron. Let's not forget that offense, and team chemistry, was our weak point -- not defense. I will forever believe we could have achieved a deadly, top3 NBA offense with MDA with a few simple moves, and maintained, and continued to improve, upon the top10 D we also had under him last year.

Veteran

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Did you guys forget Gerald Wallace resigned with the Nets?
    D.Will + Wallace + plus JJ= no price for Dwight or am I wrong?
    That's what I thought, too, but nobody has been reporting that point.

I figured there's some clauses that make it work? But idk, now that you mentioned it....how is it conceivably possible?

Be three maxes and a 10M/yr contract.

PG Deron
    SG Johnson
    SF Wallace
    PF Humphries
    C Lopez

that's a solid starting 5 right there

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    That's what I thought, too, but nobody has been reporting that point.

I figured there's some clauses that make it work? But idk, now that you mentioned it....how is it conceivably possible?

Be three maxes and a 10M/yr contract.
    If you do a sign and trade with Humphries and Lopez you could match the deals and make it work....plus the Nets would give Marshon Brooks and maybe there is a trade exception so they would make it work.

The Nets would be way over the cap but they could get Dwight if they do a sign and trade. And Prokorov doesn't care about luxury cap penalities, the guy is a billionaire.

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    PG Deron
    SG Johnson
    SF Wallace
    PF Humphries
    C Lopez

that's a solid starting 5 right there
    D Will
    Johnson
    Wallace
    Turkoglu
    Howard

with Mirza Teletovic off the bench is a much better team.

Spread the floor with guys like Johnson, Wallace, Teletovic, and Turkoglu so Dwight can get open down low in the post and you can run pick and rolls all day with Dwight and D will with guys camping outside. Pretty hard to stop that.

Superstar

If all this goes through, we're done.They immediately become better than us(The Knicks), but i live 5 minutes from the new Barclays center, so i guess i'll catch a few net games.

Default Is he a Leader of Men LOL LOL...

Originally Posted by fender0577
    If all this goes through, we're done.They immediately become better than us(The Knicks), but i live 5 minutes from the new Barclays center, so i guess i'll catch a few net games.
    To let Russian come in here and run NYC is sad but 30 yr old Joe will be in perfect spot just #3 Man behind D Will and who ever in the middle..cause If there no Howard then just Wallace Lopez with JOe..and D will...But Knicks need to 2 Guard spot n figure not to overpiad Lin..n HOPE STAT comes back with a POST GAME... Hope is not lost it still ****ing Nets..Let hope Knicks GM don't react but use some Common Sense..

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    Yeah I would. Im not sure why everyone is saying that this is the nets giving up on Howard...

If anything this is the Nets doing their best to do something to get howard. Nothing they can give now will give the Magic anything they want. But if I got offered Joe Johnson if I was the magic I would trade for him. Its better than nothing I guess.
    thats not the nets plan. they didnt get johnson to trade him to orlando.. theyre gonna trade brooks, lopez, humphries, and some picks to orlando and try to have a powerhouse team with williams,wallace,johnson, and dwight