View Poll Results: Will Nets keep Joe Johnson or trade for Dwight?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Joe Johnson

17 65.38%
  • Trade him for Dwight

9 34.62%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn gets Joe Johnson...possibly Howard?

If the Nets get Howard the nets management deserves 5 GM of the year awards. They took a huge gamble in getting williams when they traded everyone for him with the possibility he would still leave, now they have a chance to be a 5th seed in the east and with Howard become a true Heat stopper along with CHI. Knicks management need to take notes.

Good god, the Nets owner would have to pay a penalty of 140 million per yer with Dwight on the Nets.....
    AND HE SAID MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE

My god....

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    If the Nets get Howard the nets management deserves 5 GM of the year awards. They took a huge gamble in getting williams when they traded everyone for him with the possibility he would still leave, now they have a chance to be a 5th seed in the east and with Howard become a true Heat stopper along with CHI. Knicks management need to take notes.
    They will need to land the big fish Howard to get the props, otherwise they just put together a team with 1st round playoff exit potential & not much else (similar to the Knicks at the current moment). In order to validate all these moves, the Nets have to get Dwight Howard in a trade. They won't be able to land him as a free agent because of the amount of salaries they will have tied up in D Will, Joe Johnson & Gerald Wallace, so they have no other choice. It's Dwight or Bust now for the Brooklyn Nets. If they can pull this off then they definitely deserve all the props they can get.

Nets & Magic have opened talks about Howard for Kris Humphries, Marshon Brooks, Brook Lopez & 2013, 2015, 2017 1st Round Pix...

SMH are you kidding me, this makes Knicks look even worse...

Brooklyn Nets Big 4...

Deron Williams
    Joe Johnson
    Gerald Wallace
    Dwight Howard

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    Nets & Magic have opened talks about Howard for Kris Humphries, Marshon Brooks, Brook Lopez & 2013, 2015, 2017 1st Round Pix...

Brooklyn Nets Big 4...

Deron Williams
    Joe Johnson
    Gerald Wallace
    Dwight Howard
    Lopez and Humphries would have to agree to this, I doubt they do unless Orlando gives them big money

Also

Howard-Chandler- Push- Chandler owns D12 most times
    Wallace-Stoudemire- Knicks
    Johnson-Anthony- Knicks
    Williams-Lin- Nets

Superstar

Originally Posted by gmf1369

Brooklyn Nets Big 4...

Deron Williams
    Joe Johnson
    Gerald Wallace
    Dwight Howard
    If they get dwight, we will be a complete embarrassment because that team and those parts fit together so much better than what we have its not even funny. THeyll have arguably the best point guard and center, a top 5 SG and top 10 PF... Their games all fit specific roles and wont detract from each other.. while we have Tyson and two guys who are great but don't play well together AT ALL.

Especially if we loose lin and don't get Nash, which is looking like it might happen....

Ugh I just want to vomit...

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7
    Lopez and Humphries would have to agree to this, I doubt they do unless Orlando gives them big money

Also

Johnson-Anthony- Knicks
    Williams-Lin- Nets
    Stoudemire is not better than Wallace, not even close

Back in 2003 English soccer club Chelsea FC announced that Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich became the only owner of the club. Haters started calling them Chelsky and the club became a major target of jokes in the EPL.
    Within nine years Abramovich invested approximately 2B in Chelsea FC and last season they won their first Champions League title...
    Considering that Prokhorov is even richer than Abramovich money will never be an issue. $100M luxury tax is what he calls small change.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    sorry

no prob but lets just be real. The Nets are making legitimate moves and the Knicks aren't and probably should be adding a piece or 2. With or without Dwight, they're a pretty good team. Their pieces actually complement each other unlike the Knicks. Shumpert and Baron are still hurt, Lin signed an offer sheet with Houston and the knicks still don't have a reliable PG. Depending on how healthy Boston stays, Roses health, if Hibbert returns to Indy the nets can be a top 4 or 3 team in the east.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    If they get dwight, we will be a complete embarrassment because that team and those parts fit together so much better than what we have its not even funny. THeyll have arguably the best point guard and center, a top 5 SG and top 10 PF... Their games all fit specific roles and wont detract from each other.. while we have Tyson and two guys who are great but don't play well together AT ALL.

Especially if we loose lin and don't get Nash, which is looking like it might happen....

This is wht I'm saying. The pieces are fitting like a puzzle and their games complement each other. DWill, scoring/passing/slashing PG, Joe Johnson is a perimeter type SG who's on the outside more, Wallace is the defensive stopper, rebounder and slasher, Howard is the big colossal dominant force who rebounds and defends. If DH comes the Nets are a top 2 or 3 team in the East, easily. Without Dwight they are still a top 4 in the east.

And i would be embarrassed for the knicks as well. The Knicks wil be the markee team but the Nets will probably be better.

Originally Posted by Forrest17

i dont like the move either but the nets would have a bunch of players who need the ball in their hands

Originally Posted by REALHEAT
    This is wht I'm saying. The pieces are fitting like a puzzle and their games complement each other. DWill, scoring/passing/slashing PG, Joe Johnson is a perimeter type SG who's on the outside more, Wallace is the defensive stopper, rebounder and slasher, Howard is the big colossal dominant force who rebounds and defends. If DH comes the Nets are a top 2 or 3 team in the East, easily. Without Dwight they are still a top 4 in the east.

And i would be embarrassed for the knicks as well. The Knicks wil be the markee team but the Nets will probably be better.
    without dwight, top 4 isnt a lock

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7

Also

Johnson-Anthony- Knicks
    Williams-Lin- Nets
    Holy **** dude.

(pause)

The gap between Deron and Lin is so large.

But you can't just run down lineups like that. It's negating our biggest issue -- THE issue: our team chemistry, and not how players have performed through their careers, but who these players actually are, now, playing collectively on our squad.

Sure, hope for the best, and I still think, in theory, Amare and Melo can and should be able to dominate playing together.....

But they haven't.

And Amare has played like **** for a *long* time now, and has never thrived alongside Melo. Likewise, barring stretches of typical Melo excellence, Melo has *not* played like Melo here.

Howard
    Wallace
    Johnson
    Deron

That lineup fits like a glove.

If you run down lineups like you did, you could compare us to even OKC and MIA, and ya, we "should" be just as good and be there right alongside them.

I PRAY Melo and Amare prove me wrong, and do what I've always said they would do together -- but I have been dead wrong in my formerly-optimsitic assessment that if Melo came here, he and Amare would beast like gods alongside each other.

Melo dominating in his sweet spots; Amare being the most efficient and dominant inside scoring prescense in the NBA; and Amare's mid jumper being the perfect compliment to allowing Melo room when he works on the inside.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh

I PRAY Melo and Amare prove me wrong, and do what I've always said they would do together -- but I have been dead wrong in my formerly-optimsitic assessment that if Melo came here, he and Amare would beast like gods alongside each other.

Melo dominating in his sweet spots; Amare being the most efficient and dominant inside scoring prescense in the NBA; and Amare's mid jumper being the perfect compliment to allowing Melo room when he works on the inside.
    AMEN.

So far it's taken 2 coaches to make absolutely nothing happen between them. Woodson had better have that shiny head down in a playbook.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    AMEN.

So far it's taken 2 coaches to make absolutely nothing happen between them. Woodson had better have that shiny head down in a playbook.
    1 coach's system didn't

the other didn't get a chance to mesh the 2 as STAT was hurt

I got faith in our core Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony will both be great this year I'm talking All-NBA players for us