View Poll Results: Will Nets keep Joe Johnson or trade for Dwight?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Joe Johnson

17 65.38%
  • Trade him for Dwight

9 34.62%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Brooklyn gets Joe Johnson...possibly Howard?

Dan Gilbert is ruining the NBA

How can he complain about his team being the Washington Generals and yet help another super team form.

I'm not afraid of the Nets if they get Howard as Chandler can handle him and Carmelo, Amar'e, Lin and JR are better than Williams, Johnson, Wallace and Brooks but damn dude stay out of it

Kris Humphries signing a huge deal with you wont make you any better and doing it for a pick is stupid as it would a Nets pick which will be in the 20's

Originally Posted by CA7
    Dan Gilbert is ruining the NBA

How can he complain about his team being the Washington Generals and yet help another super team form.

I'm not afraid of the Nets if they get Howard as Chandler can handle him and Carmelo, Amar'e, Lin and JR are better than Williams, Johnson, Wallace and Brooks but damn dude stay out of it

Kris Humphries signing a huge deal with you wont make you any better and doing it for a pick is stupid as it would a Nets pick which will be in the 20's
    agreed.

Gilbert would be the biggest hypocrite if he allowed the Nets to get Howard.

Yet if Howard does not go to the Nets, then he will go to the Lakers and they will be unstoppable with Nash, Kobe and Dwight. Really no matter where Dwight goes, unless it is Atlanta, the team will be a new powerhouse.

I don't want to trade for Dwight but we would have like over 10 million in cap room if we traded Amare and Chandler for him lol

Let us all think for a minute about this howard trade *thinking caps*

Remember when we were the frontrunners for steve nash and all reports indicated that he was coming to us it was just a matter of time and then all of a sudden the lakers just swooped in and grabbed him when we all thought and he said "he couldn't picture himself in a lakers uni" and then BAM he's a laker

I think these releases about possible trade packages are all a ploy by orlando to get the lakers to up the ante on a deal for howard instead of just bynum they want draft picks or taking rich or hero god awful contracts ....meaning them finding a third team as well

The lakers always wait in the shadows.... i would never put anything past them to get a deal done for howard and he ultimately signs with them i don't care how much Howards "says" he wants to be in the "Brooklyn Zoo"

Originally Posted by WeReady
    Let us all think for a minute about this howard trade *thinking caps*

Remember when we were the frontrunners for steve nash and all reports indicated that he was coming to us it was just a matter of time and then all of a sudden the lakers just swooped in and grabbed him when we all thought and he said "he couldn't picture himself in a lakers uni" and then BAM he's a laker

I think these releases about possible trade packages are all a ploy by orlando to get the lakers to up the ante on a deal for howard instead of just bynum they want draft picks or taking rich or hero god awful contracts ....meaning them finding a third team as well

The lakers always wait in the shadows.... i would never put anything past them to get a deal done for howard and he ultimately signs with them i don't care how much Howards "says" he wants to be in the "Brooklyn Zoo"
    Normally I would agree but everyone is fixated on the fact the Lakers would have to convince Howard to stay when the Magic would have the same dilemma with Bynum. And with reports surfacing today that Bynum would not necessarily sign an extension with the Magic if traded, it makes things more complicated. Also the Lakers have no picks to trade and no assets to acquire any since they used them to get Nash.

lmao

Stephen A. Smith said as of now Brooklyn has best team in New York

I'm really sick of his bull **** he spews out of his ass

Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace are better than Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudemire and Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by CA7

Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace are better than Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudemire and Jeremy Lin
    yes, we have Carmelo, we suck

Originally Posted by CA7

Well, they do have Gerald Green.

Originally Posted by CA7

Stephen A Smith's image is built on shock and what he thinks is deep insight into sports.

Here are some of my favorite Stephen A Smith quotes

"Dirk is the most overratted player in the League"

Speaking on how Steph will improve as a PG under Larry Brown"What Larry Brown will do with Steph will make his job w/ Billups look like nothing"

Then speaking about how Larry Brown will switch Steph to shooting guard "Marbuary is going to average 25 pts in his sleep under Brown"

2004 USA was gonna beat Argentina beacuse "Manu Ginobli is not better than anyone on USA's roster" (paraphrase)

Put The Nets roster as it stands today up against the Knicks and we win a 7 games series 4-2!

Williams
    Johnson
    Wallace
    Humphries
    Lopez

Bench
    Marshon Brooks
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???

Kidd
    Shump
    Melo
    Stat
    Tyson

Bench
    Lin
    Smith
    Novak
    Jorts
    Jefferies

Give me a break!!!

Originally Posted by New New York
    Stephen A Smith's image is built on shock and what he thinks is deep insight into sports.

Here are some of my favorite Stephen A Smith quotes

"Dirk is the most overratted player in the League"

Speaking on how Steph will improve as a PG under Larry Brown"What Larry Brown will do with Steph will make his job w/ Billups look like nothing"

Then speaking about how Larry Brown will switch Steph to shooting guard "Marbuary is going to average 25 pts in his sleep under Brown"

2004 USA was gonna beat Argentina beacuse "Manu Ginobli is not better than anyone on USA's roster" (paraphrase)

Put The Nets roster as it stands today up against the Knicks and we win a 7 games series 4-2!

Williams
    Johnson
    Wallace
    Humphries
    Lopez

Bench
    Marshon Brooks
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???

Kidd
    Shump
    Melo
    Stat
    Tyson

Bench
    Lin
    Smith
    Novak
    Jorts
    Jefferies

Give me a break!!!
    Kidd is not starting over Lin

Its moments until Dwight becomes a Net

Originally Posted by CA7

We are better if the Nets do not have Dwight, if they have Dwight they are better.

However, if Lin can be his amazing self and make everyone gel, then we are the 2nd best team in the East by far. Tyson Chandler makes the difference.

I still dont see how they are better with Dwight

we can neutralize their 2 best players come playoff time

Shumpert can handle Williams and Chandler can handle Dwight

Wallace cant stop Carmelo at all and STAT should bounce back this year so there is no stopping him.

Johnson is the only guy who may do something but even then JR's improved defense should be enough to contain him.

We're really over analyzing this

our big 4>their big 4

our bench>their bench

Originally Posted by CA7
    I still dont see how they are better with Dwight

we can neutralize their 2 best players come playoff time

Shumpert can handle Williams and Chandler can handle Dwight

Wallace cant stop Carmelo at all and STAT should bounce back this year so there is no stopping him.

Johnson is the only guy who may do something but even then JR's improved defense should be enough to contain him.

We're really over analyzing this

our big 4>their big 4

our bench>their bench
    You're sipping on a big cup of denial if you believe all of that lol.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    You're sipping on a big cup of denial if you believe all of that lol.
    Chandler owned Howard and Shumpert(if healthy) is enough to hold off Deron Williams

They stil have depth issues, no picks because they're giving most of them up, only the 3mil MLE next year

Deron Williams and Dwight Howard are perennial All-Stars........yes

we counter with 2 Olympians and All-NBA players in Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler

Joe Johnson will digress as an over paid 3rd option and Gerald Wallace sucks

Amar'e Stoudemire and Jeremy Lin will thrive together most likely and we answer with depth after our Big 4 in Iman Shumper, JR Smith, Steve Novak, Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd and Jared Jeffries

while the Nets have Mirza Teletovic, Gerald Green, Reggie Evans and Tyshawn Taylor

Our team is better, believe it or dont believe it

you guys need to stop being scared of every team adding a player, we got this