Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jared jeffries or marcus camby?

Default SG..

how's Azibukake feeling these days, has he healed yet?

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Offer Allen Iverson to be our starting SG.
    Iverson & Melo on the same team? Would anyone else ever see the ball?

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    i agree Foye is a press your luck type player, we don't know how much he would be looking for but if we could get him for 3mill that would be cool to

I'm high on pietrus, i feel he is exactly what we need until Shump returns his playoff performance was nothing special he did hit some big shots. His defense is solid he puts the effort end on the defensive end

I'd be satisfied with Pietrus or even maybe Mcgrady or willie Green
    Agreed, I would be perfectly happy with a guy like Pietrus as a stopgap until Shump comes back. He plays good defense & can knock down the open 3 pointer. Good enough size & athleticism to guard most SG's & SF's in the league. I think we could definitely get him for around the $1.4M veteran's minimum. Willie Green wouldn't be bad either, but I would prefer Mo Evans because he's more of a dirty work type player & that's really what we need at that position & spot in the rotation. I think we should avoid T-Mac, he's incapable of playing any sort of quality defense w/his shoddy knees, & we need someone that can guard guys like D Wade, Pierce, Ray Allen, Joe Johnson, etc. if we want to compete w/the other teams in the East.

Veteran

Before we talk about Randy Foye, we need to give OJ Mayo a call to see if he'd play for the full-level MLE. If they could work out a sign-and-trade with the Suns to get Nash, spend the MLE on OJ Mayo, and sign a couple more guys at the minimum salary...

Camby, dammit

Originally Posted by erivera
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

so i was reading this article and i was wondering if you guys think camby would be a better option than jefferies as a backup big man
    Since Camoby would sign only for the mid level at 3 mil per year and Jeffries would happily accept the vet minimum, we can have both..

However, If I had to choose I would choose Camby in a heart beat. Marcus Camby averaged 9 rebounds a game in only 25 min per game last season, he can also hit an open mid range shot and block shots...he is a perfect back up big man.

We need someone like Camby because when Tyson gets in foul trouble, which is always because he has anger management issues, we need someone to hold down the fort and Josh Harrelson is nice but Camby is legit.