Laundry Fields Agrees to Raptors deal..

So now it's "Trade Melo"?:whack:

SMH...

Please review the above arguments (such as Melo can't lead etc...) and put things into perspective (such as realizing it's a "TEAM" sport and on this TEAM Melo was about 87% of who we were in the playoffs while the remaining cast produced about 13%....hello!).

And just to make it easier understand this:

You haters propose "TRADE MELO" because he can be traded; he's a valuable asset; and he's still young and tradable even with a max contract.

STAT on the other hand is on a max contract also, was a quasi-MVP, and some haters here argue to keep him and trade Melo (although the playoff stats indicate Melo was more important to whatever little success we had). STAT cannot be traded because NO ONE WANTS HIM at his price, get it?

For all my morons... thats called demand.

THE MARKET HAS SPOKEN AND THE MARKET DISAGREES WITH YOU MORON. Please let those who know what the **** they are doing, do it. JUST STFU you're too simple to understand.

This goes out to:
JoHnNyBoXeR, BIG APPLE SPORTS, and Kiyaman

No offense but we actually have a semblance of a star- finally after years of mediocrity, and you guys choose to hate with far-out theories about what it takes to be successful when you root for a team thats been devoid of success for a decade. Please.

ONE.

Im not saying trade Melo but if we are all okay with the knicks being a second round contender every year than why not keep him? Melo and his defense are very shaky and i dont see him command the locker room, at this point in a "superstars" career we should never worry about how good your weight is and whether or not you quit on your coach. Come on. Melo is a top 3 talent but has the mindset of just being good enough. I can understand if Melo has maxed out his potential but its obvious he doesnt try and his dedication to his craft is not on the same level as the true superstars in this league. In just 5 years Durant is the second best player and a better scorer, defender and rebounder than Melo. Melo has never been a top 5 player and likely he never will, he to me is a 1a 1b type of player where he needs another superstarat his wing to make up for his flaws.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Im not saying trade Melo but if we are all okay with the knicks being a second round contender every year than why not keep him? Melo and his defense are very shaky and i dont see him command the locker room, at this point in a "superstars" career we should never worry about how good your weight is and whether or not you quit on your coach. Come on. Melo is a top 3 talent but has the mindset of just being good enough. I can understand if Melo has maxed out his potential but its obvious he doesnt try and his dedication to his craft is not on the same level as the true superstars in this league. In just 5 years Durant is the second best player and a better scorer, defender and rebounder than Melo. Melo has never been a top 5 player and likely he never will, he to me is a 1a 1b type of player where he needs another superstarat his wing to make up for his flaws.

Carmelo and Durant are in completely different situations.

1A and 1B kinda like how LeBron needed Wade and Bosh to win a ring but we're bitching about Melo who had no help the past 2 years in the playoffs

Melo is extremely focused this summer, he's primed and ready to perform but we're not worried about next year we're concerned about the cluster**** bull**** our team has been through the past 2 years and now that we're finding some stability we wanna start over

Woodson is turning Melo into a top 5 player overall he's defended harder with Woodson, rebounded better, found his teammates and scored at an efficient rate.

When the rest of the team gets healthy and falls in line we'll be fine. Get rid of the dead weight and get the correct pieces around our stars(STAT and Melo) and lets go to war.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Oh yea and Landry fields gets 3 years at 20 mil... Are u tucking kidding me? He's mediocre when playing his best basketball and hot garbage a lot of the other times... Toronto are idiots.. I heard they grabbed fields to block our sign and trade for Nash and he's going to LA anyway... Their GM should b fired!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Yea he has a winning record in the regular season... He can score 30 points a game against Toronto and Charlotte.. but when facing great defenses and teams in the playoffs... He has one of the worst records in NBA history...

College basketball is totally different than NBA...

Melo track record speaks for itself... I would love nothing more than him lead us to finals ... But I don't think he will and I think the Knicks would be a better team if we traded him

The team u listed is not nearly as good ad the team I listed with trading Melo...
Com on man u know better than that.. there's a reason Donnie Walsh got out of town... Damn that reminds me Donnie took over the pacer job and I guarantee he wouldn't trade Grainger for Melo straight up even if we sweetened it w a second round pick

you sound dumb

1st you say Donnie Walsh got out of town because of the Melo trade then wanna trade him to the team Walsh now works for

You obviously don't know **** about basketball because you cant spell Granger's name right

The college reference is that he was 18 years old and dominated elite college competition much like the current #1 overall pick

Nash/Lin
Ray Allen/shumpert/Smith
Grainger/Novak
Amare/Jeffries/harrelson
Chandler/Marcus camby

we were never getting Nash or Ray Allen

Camby is old and lacks the mobility we need to challenge Miami

Granger shot 41% averaged 18pts and 5rebs and got hurt tryna bully LeBron and subsequently LeBron bust his ass

That team you listed will only exist in 2K this is not 2K

We claim its a team game then blame Melo and bring his playoff record, TEAMS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS AND PLAYOFF SERIES

We say he shoots too much yet he's never lead the league in FGA and shoots as much almost every other #1 option

EVERYONE AROUND HERE SAYING MELO WONT LEAD US TO A CHAMPIONSHIP ARE ONLY SAYING THIS BECAUSE THE ODDS ARE NOT IN HIS FAVOR AND IF IT DOESNT HAPPEN YOU WANNA SAY I TOLE YOU SO AS IF THE PRE-MELO TEAM WAS GOING TO WIN A TITLE.

Then the reason people want the team back say

Felton was an All-Star- wrong
STAT was an MVP candidate- wrong
Landry was the rookie of the yeas, averaging 11 and 7- wrong
Gallinari was turning into a complete player- wrong
Chandler was going to be the 6th Man of the year- wrong
Mozgov was just realizing his potential- wrong

I will admit the beginning of Melo's era has been rocky and under whelming but we got a lot of potential and I know we'll go far, hopefully all the way to a title

Did anyone think Isiah would get a ring with Magic, Bird and Jordan ruling the league NO but he beat them all. Hakeem got his when MJ retired but still no one thought he had a shot. Barkley got to the Finals, Malone and Stockton almost beat MJ, its not impossible but it can happen because Melo was a couple inbound passes away from going to the Finals and likely destroying the Magic.

Lets get behind OUR TEAM and believe in OUR TEAM, not bash the best player and cheer for the 12th man on the bench to get more PT because we love underdogs.

I really think we're the only fan base who is never happy with anything other than guys on cheap contracts, undrafted players or 2nd round picks going off and saying we got a steal. We got our stars, we got our future and we're out the gutter.

From Woodson to Carmelo to Jeremy to Stoudemire to Jerome lets believe in our team and stop with the bashing

constructive criticism is always welcome though- I love debating

Kiyaman

Legend
So now it's "Trade Melo"?:whack:
This goes out to:
JoHnNyBoXeR, BIG APPLE SPORTS, and Kiyaman

No offense but we actually have a semblance of a star- finally after years of mediocrity, and you guys choose to hate with far-out theories about what it takes to be successful when you root for a team thats been devoid of success for a decade. Please.
ONE.

Red.... your not accurate.

Here's an acurate fact....the addition of Melo did not improve the Knicks team in any way, the Knicks were a first round playoff team before the Melo-trade, and the Knicks are 1-8 in the playoffs with Melo, which made the Knicks a first round playoff team the past 2 seasons.

Landry Fields was a 2nd round steal in the 2010 draft....ranking 3rd in ROY....averaging a C+ grade as a starter for 2 seasons....and for some uncanny reason 2nd season Landry Fields would rather change teams to be on a non-playoff Raptors team, rather than a first round playoff team....do u think our Knicks will be a contender next season with Tyson, Stat, Melo, and Lin?
Landry Fields, and his agent dont think so.

Wargames

Starter
Red.... your not accurate.

Here's an acurate fact....the addition of Melo did not improve the Knicks team in any way, the Knicks were a first round playoff team before the Melo-trade, and the Knicks are 1-8 in the playoffs with Melo, which made the Knicks a first round playoff team the past 2 seasons.

Landry Fields was a 2nd round steal in the 2010 draft....ranking 3rd in ROY....averaging a C+ grade as a starter for 2 seasons....and for some uncanny reason 2nd season Landry Fields would rather change teams to be on a non-playoff Raptors team, rather than a first round playoff team....do u think our Knicks will be a contender next season with Tyson, Stat, Melo, and Lin?
Landry Fields, and his agent dont think so.

Or Landry realized he hit the jackpot by being offered a deal way beyond what he deserved based on his struggles last year. I mean let's be honest Landry was the lowest on the totem pole in everybody's mind when it came to "which FA Knick was going to be stolen"

In my mind

1) Lin
2) Novak
3) JR
4) Clyde as an announcer
5) A Signed Melo Jersey
6) Fields

Fields going to Toronto was a monetary decision and he would of been dumb not to take it.

Let Fields walk.

I don't even have to think about it. It's a no brainer.

Nice guy, but that doesn't justify this contract.

And btw: Brooklyn will finish the season higher than the Knicks.

Deron, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries is already a much better starting 5 than the Knicks have and their bench has a few good players too like Marshon Brooks, Farmar etc.

Atlantic Division 12-13:

1. Philly
2. Boston
3. Brooklyn
4. Knicks
5. Toronto

Rob Low

Rotation player
Let Fields walk.

I don't even have to think about it. It's a no brainer.

Nice guy, but that doesn't justify this contract.

And btw: Brooklyn will finish the season higher than the Knicks.

Deron, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries is already a much better starting 5 than the Knicks have and their bench has a few good players too like Marshon Brooks, Farmar etc.

Atlantic Division 12-13:

1. Philly
2. Boston
3. Brooklyn
4. Knicks
5. Toronto

Why would Philly win the division? They've done nothing to get better. Boston added Terry,Sullinger, and Fab Melo and look to be adding more pieces. Plus most likely will be getting Green back. Knicks and Nets both have better rosters than the Sixers as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Philly misses the playoffs all together

Carmelo and Durant are in completely different situations.

1A and 1B kinda like how LeBron needed Wade and Bosh to win a ring but we're bitching about Melo who had no help the past 2 years in the playoffs

Melo is extremely focused this summer, he's primed and ready to perform but we're not worried about next year we're concerned about the cluster**** bull**** our team has been through the past 2 years and now that we're finding some stability we wanna start over

Woodson is turning Melo into a top 5 player overall he's defended harder with Woodson, rebounded better, found his teammates and scored at an efficient rate.

When the rest of the team gets healthy and falls in line we'll be fine. Get rid of the dead weight and get the correct pieces around our stars(STAT and Melo) and lets go to war.

You see that's the thing, in 2007 Lebron led arguably the worst team in Finals history to the NBA finals and in 06' we all know what Dwade did to the Mavs. Melo in 08' had a better team than both those teams but failed to get by the Lakers. Melo is my second fave player behind Durant but to say he can lead us like Dwade and Lebron led their lousy teams is down right dumb because he has shown that even with talent on his teams he still cant get far in the playoffs. No one can say that Melo ever "Carried" a team because he is simply not that dominant consistently to do so. Lebron carried Cleveland yearly and Dwade saved Miami from being like the Bobcats and Melo leaves Denver and their playing better without him? There is something wrong when you get rid of your best player and that team still thrives as if nothing happened. You seen what happened to Toronto, Cleveland, Phoenix, Utah, Chicago( Rose Injury),Minnesota and Orlando when their franchise players left, they stunk! But Melo leaves Denver and they are arguably a better team now, That shows that Melo has a lot of work to do in order to be a true Franchise player. The definition of a franchise player is someone that is the backbone of your franchise and a player that cannot be replaced...well Denver seemed to replace Melo just fine with TEAM BALL.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
You see that's the thing, in 2007 Lebron led arguably the worst team in Finals history to the NBA finals and in 06' we all know what Dwade did to the Mavs. Melo in 08' had a better team than both those teams but failed to get by the Lakers. Melo is my second fave player behind Durant but to say he can lead us like Dwade and Lebron led their lousy teams is down right dumb because he has shown that even with talent on his teams he still cant get far in the playoffs. No one can say that Melo ever "Carried" a team because he is simply not that dominant consistently to do so. Lebron carried Cleveland yearly and Dwade saved Miami from being like the Bobcats and Melo leaves Denver and their playing better without him? There is something wrong when you get rid of your best player and that team still thrives as if nothing happened. You seen what happened to Toronto, Cleveland, Phoenix, Utah, Chicago( Rose Injury),Minnesota and Orlando when their franchise players left, they stunk! But Melo leaves Denver and they are arguably a better team now, That shows that Melo has a lot of work to do in order to be a true Franchise player. The definition of a franchise player is someone that is the backbone of your franchise and a player that cannot be replaced...well Denver seemed to replace Melo just fine with TEAM BALL.

couldnt have said it better myself:thumbsup:

Nuggets despite injuries and trades still finished season as 6th seed in MUCH tougher western conference and pushed Lakers to a 7 game series. Team basketball ----> ISO Melo.

NyCzero

Rookie
A lot of posters have been saying how Landry Fields was a 2-3 million dollar guy.
Once Landry ends up Toronto, he's gonna blow up. It ain't easy to shine when there are so many stars and options on a team. I can see why Toronto wants a guy like Fields on their team. Its the style of basketball they have committed to play. I also feel the Knicks should have quickly offered Fields a decent contract before it got to this. Dolan shouldn't have disrespected his young players by trying to go get an old Nash. He should have just quickly resigned his young players and put money into giving them an awesome summer and training. Knicks had the right pieces and just got greedy. To even expose the fact that the Knicks were willing to trade Shumpert to get Nash is ridiculous. It just shows lack of confidence in their own players and no respect for them. IT was a jackass move that will only serve the Knicks players to disrespect the franchise more.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
A lot of posters have been saying how Landry Fields was a 2-3 million dollar guy.
Once Landry ends up Toronto, he's gonna blow up. It ain't easy to shine when there are so many **** for brains bums and little boys on the team.

I fixed that for you! :afro:

But I agree that Landry is going to be a very good player and I don't doubt he will be worth every penny of that final-year salary. He's just a sound baller and he's a great teammate.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
couldnt have said it better myself:thumbsup:

Nuggets despite injuries and trades still finished season as 6th seed in MUCH tougher western conference and pushed Lakers to a 7 game series. Team basketball ----> ISO Melo.

WE LOST TO THE HEAT. I REPEAT WE LOST TO THE HEAT AKA 2012 NBA CHAMPIONS. Jesus christ you guys are numbskulls. The Pistons and the Nets back in the day who were all championship contenders in the Eastern Conference do not compare to the 2012 Miami Heat who are arguably the best put together team since 80s Lakers/Celtics.

Oh btw, those Lakers you're saying that went to 7 games? In the next round, they got taken out by the Thunder 4-1 and that 1 game they won was by a mere 3 points.

Stop with the trade melo bs like it's his fault that a dog turd would be a better owner than Dolan.

Oh yea, Kiyaman, your statement about the Knicks being a first round playoff contender before the Melo trade makes absolutely no sense.
You can't tell who's gonna be a playoff contender mid season.

Kiyaman

Legend
I fixed that for you! :afro:

But I agree that Landry is going to be a very good player and I don't doubt he will be worth every penny of that final-year salary. He's just a sound baller and he's a great teammate.

:agreed:
Its hard to find HUNGRY players like Landry Fields

Kiyaman

Legend
WE LOST TO THE HEAT. I REPEAT WE LOST TO THE HEAT AKA 2012 NBA CHAMPIONS. Jesus christ you guys are numbskulls. The Pistons and the Nets back in the day who were all championship contenders in the Eastern Conference do not compare to the 2012 Miami Heat who are arguably the best put together team since 80s Lakers/Celtics.

Oh btw, those Lakers you're saying that went to 7 games? In the next round, they got taken out by the Thunder 4-1 and that 1 game they won was by a mere 3 points.

Stop with the trade melo bs like it's his fault that a dog turd would be a better owner than Dolan.

Oh yea, Kiyaman, your statement about the Knicks being a first round playoff contender before the Melo trade makes absolutely no sense.

I dont know what u been watching but the Nets Kidd, Kittles, and Kenyon Martin under coach Byron Scott wouldve beat the Miami Heat in a series, and so would the Championship Detroit Pistons team that coach Rick Carlyle put together from scratch.

If u dont know that Melo = Marbury then u better ask somebody.

The 2010-11 Knicks were a playoff team, on February 1st when clueless coach Damntoni added Mozgov in the rotation to give Turiaf & Amare in the frontcourt the Knicks were looking like a 2nd round playoff team.

STAT1

Starter

It boggles my mind to hear some Knick fans complain about losing to the eventual champs when they were fully healthy & we were missing Lin, Shump, Stoudemire & Jeffries for most of those games. So Melo gets killed for not being able to carry the team on his shoulders against the big 3 in Miami. Wow. Just wow.