Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: Laundry Fields Agrees to Raptors deal..

  1. #16
    Member The Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    His numbers dropped because of Chandler not because of Melo.........
    I hope you don't want to trade Chandler too.......

    Super stars do not grow on trees, you like him or not, Melo is a super star, if you can trade him for Another BETTER superstar, then why not, but for Danny???!! come on......
    moreover, why we always want to alter the players and do changes, then after a while you find everybody nagging about Dolan changing things and affecting chimistry??!!!!

  2. #17
    Member JoHnNyBoXeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by The Dragon
    His numbers dropped because of Chandler not because of Melo.........
    I hope you don't want to trade Chandler too.......

    Super stars do not grow on trees, you like him or not, Melo is a super star, if you can trade him for Another BETTER superstar, then why not, but for Danny???!! come on......
    moreover, why we always want to alter the players and do changes, then after a while you find everybody nagging about Dolan changing things and affecting chimistry??!!!!
    His numbers dropped before Chandler got here... Chandlers 12 points a game was not stopping amare...they occupy some of the Same space on the floor u see amare working hard with Handel this year... I'm not saying trade Melo to Grainger and leave the team like that... I'm saying make that trade then we have money to bring in guys like Ray Allen and Steve Nash

  3. #18
    Member The Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It is not how many points Chandler is taking from Amare, it is the Space occupied by Chandler in the Paint, in addition to Amare not being able to hit a shot from outside.

    Don't get me wrong, i like Amare, but the debate here is on Melo and shall we trade him or not.

    i say we have a superstar, and a very good coach now, lets build chimistry and start winning, the team was playing perfect basketball before the playoff, even with Amre still not in place......
    in the playoffs we were hit with the Heat, and though i hate to admit it, but Lebron is the best in the league now..... they defeated everybody, so we were not an exception
    if we played any other team, without all the injuries we would reach the finals or at least the conference finals, that time nobody will say Melo is bad or we should trade Melo...........

  4. #19
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    So now it's "Trade Melo"?

    SMH...

    Please review the above arguments (such as Melo can't lead etc...) and put things into perspective (such as realizing it's a "TEAM" sport and on this TEAM Melo was about 87% of who we were in the playoffs while the remaining cast produced about 13%....hello!).

    And just to make it easier understand this:

    You haters propose "TRADE MELO" because he can be traded; he's a valuable asset; and he's still young and tradable even with a max contract.

    STAT on the other hand is on a max contract also, was a quasi-MVP, and some haters here argue to keep him and trade Melo (although the playoff stats indicate Melo was more important to whatever little success we had). STAT cannot be traded because NO ONE WANTS HIM at his price, get it?

    For all my morons... thats called demand.

    THE MARKET HAS SPOKEN AND THE MARKET DISAGREES WITH YOU MORON. Please let those who know what the **** they are doing, do it. JUST STFU you're too simple to understand.


    This goes out to:
    JoHnNyBoXeR, BIG APPLE SPORTS, and Kiyaman

    No offense but we actually have a semblance of a star- finally after years of mediocrity, and you guys choose to hate with far-out theories about what it takes to be successful when you root for a team thats been devoid of success for a decade. Please.

    ONE.
    Well said my friend, well said.Now we're trying to trade Melo, SMGDH.

  5. #20
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    OFF-TOPIC...

    Why is this now a Melo debate thread

    This thread should been closed yesterday

  6. #21
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    So now it's "Trade Melo"?

    SMH...

    Please review the above arguments (such as Melo can't lead etc...) and put things into perspective (such as realizing it's a "TEAM" sport and on this TEAM Melo was about 87% of who we were in the playoffs while the remaining cast produced about 13%....hello!).

    And just to make it easier understand this:

    You haters propose "TRADE MELO" because he can be traded; he's a valuable asset; and he's still young and tradable even with a max contract.

    STAT on the other hand is on a max contract also, was a quasi-MVP, and some haters here argue to keep him and trade Melo (although the playoff stats indicate Melo was more important to whatever little success we had). STAT cannot be traded because NO ONE WANTS HIM at his price, get it?

    For all my morons... thats called demand.

    THE MARKET HAS SPOKEN AND THE MARKET DISAGREES WITH YOU MORON. Please let those who know what the **** they are doing, do it. JUST STFU you're too simple to understand.


    This goes out to:
    JoHnNyBoXeR, BIG APPLE SPORTS, and Kiyaman

    No offense but we actually have a semblance of a star- finally after years of mediocrity, and you guys choose to hate with far-out theories about what it takes to be successful when you root for a team thats been devoid of success for a decade. Please.

    ONE.
    Im not saying trade Melo but if we are all okay with the knicks being a second round contender every year than why not keep him? Melo and his defense are very shaky and i dont see him command the locker room, at this point in a "superstars" career we should never worry about how good your weight is and whether or not you quit on your coach. Come on. Melo is a top 3 talent but has the mindset of just being good enough. I can understand if Melo has maxed out his potential but its obvious he doesnt try and his dedication to his craft is not on the same level as the true superstars in this league. In just 5 years Durant is the second best player and a better scorer, defender and rebounder than Melo. Melo has never been a top 5 player and likely he never will, he to me is a 1a 1b type of player where he needs another superstarat his wing to make up for his flaws.

  7. #22
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Im not saying trade Melo but if we are all okay with the knicks being a second round contender every year than why not keep him? Melo and his defense are very shaky and i dont see him command the locker room, at this point in a "superstars" career we should never worry about how good your weight is and whether or not you quit on your coach. Come on. Melo is a top 3 talent but has the mindset of just being good enough. I can understand if Melo has maxed out his potential but its obvious he doesnt try and his dedication to his craft is not on the same level as the true superstars in this league. In just 5 years Durant is the second best player and a better scorer, defender and rebounder than Melo. Melo has never been a top 5 player and likely he never will, he to me is a 1a 1b type of player where he needs another superstarat his wing to make up for his flaws.
    Carmelo and Durant are in completely different situations.

    1A and 1B kinda like how LeBron needed Wade and Bosh to win a ring but we're bitching about Melo who had no help the past 2 years in the playoffs

    Melo is extremely focused this summer, he's primed and ready to perform but we're not worried about next year we're concerned about the cluster**** bull**** our team has been through the past 2 years and now that we're finding some stability we wanna start over

    Woodson is turning Melo into a top 5 player overall he's defended harder with Woodson, rebounded better, found his teammates and scored at an efficient rate.

    When the rest of the team gets healthy and falls in line we'll be fine. Get rid of the dead weight and get the correct pieces around our stars(STAT and Melo) and lets go to war.

  8. #23
    Member JoHnNyBoXeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Oh yea and Landry fields gets 3 years at 20 mil... Are u tucking kidding me? He's mediocre when playing his best basketball and hot garbage a lot of the other times... Toronto are idiots.. I heard they grabbed fields to block our sign and trade for Nash and he's going to LA anyway... Their GM should b fired!

  9. #24
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by JoHnNyBoXeR
    Yea he has a winning record in the regular season... He can score 30 points a game against Toronto and Charlotte.. but when facing great defenses and teams in the playoffs... He has one of the worst records in NBA history...

    College basketball is totally different than NBA...

    Melo track record speaks for itself... I would love nothing more than him lead us to finals ... But I don't think he will and I think the Knicks would be a better team if we traded him

    The team u listed is not nearly as good ad the team I listed with trading Melo...
    Com on man u know better than that.. there's a reason Donnie Walsh got out of town... Damn that reminds me Donnie took over the pacer job and I guarantee he wouldn't trade Grainger for Melo straight up even if we sweetened it w a second round pick
    you sound dumb

    1st you say Donnie Walsh got out of town because of the Melo trade then wanna trade him to the team Walsh now works for

    You obviously don't know **** about basketball because you cant spell Granger's name right

    The college reference is that he was 18 years old and dominated elite college competition much like the current #1 overall pick

    Nash/Lin
    Ray Allen/shumpert/Smith
    Grainger/Novak
    Amare/Jeffries/harrelson
    Chandler/Marcus camby

    we were never getting Nash or Ray Allen

    Camby is old and lacks the mobility we need to challenge Miami

    Granger shot 41% averaged 18pts and 5rebs and got hurt tryna bully LeBron and subsequently LeBron bust his ass

    That team you listed will only exist in 2K this is not 2K

    We claim its a team game then blame Melo and bring his playoff record, TEAMS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS AND PLAYOFF SERIES

    We say he shoots too much yet he's never lead the league in FGA and shoots as much almost every other #1 option

    EVERYONE AROUND HERE SAYING MELO WONT LEAD US TO A CHAMPIONSHIP ARE ONLY SAYING THIS BECAUSE THE ODDS ARE NOT IN HIS FAVOR AND IF IT DOESNT HAPPEN YOU WANNA SAY I TOLE YOU SO AS IF THE PRE-MELO TEAM WAS GOING TO WIN A TITLE.

    Then the reason people want the team back say

    Felton was an All-Star- wrong
    STAT was an MVP candidate- wrong
    Landry was the rookie of the yeas, averaging 11 and 7- wrong
    Gallinari was turning into a complete player- wrong
    Chandler was going to be the 6th Man of the year- wrong
    Mozgov was just realizing his potential- wrong

    I will admit the beginning of Melo's era has been rocky and under whelming but we got a lot of potential and I know we'll go far, hopefully all the way to a title

    Did anyone think Isiah would get a ring with Magic, Bird and Jordan ruling the league NO but he beat them all. Hakeem got his when MJ retired but still no one thought he had a shot. Barkley got to the Finals, Malone and Stockton almost beat MJ, its not impossible but it can happen because Melo was a couple inbound passes away from going to the Finals and likely destroying the Magic.

    Lets get behind OUR TEAM and believe in OUR TEAM, not bash the best player and cheer for the 12th man on the bench to get more PT because we love underdogs.

    I really think we're the only fan base who is never happy with anything other than guys on cheap contracts, undrafted players or 2nd round picks going off and saying we got a steal. We got our stars, we got our future and we're out the gutter.

    From Woodson to Carmelo to Jeremy to Stoudemire to Jerome lets believe in our team and stop with the bashing

    constructive criticism is always welcome though- I love debating

  10. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,188
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    So now it's "Trade Melo"?
    This goes out to:
    JoHnNyBoXeR, BIG APPLE SPORTS, and Kiyaman

    No offense but we actually have a semblance of a star- finally after years of mediocrity, and you guys choose to hate with far-out theories about what it takes to be successful when you root for a team thats been devoid of success for a decade. Please.
    ONE.

    Red.... your not accurate.

    Here's an acurate fact....the addition of Melo did not improve the Knicks team in any way, the Knicks were a first round playoff team before the Melo-trade, and the Knicks are 1-8 in the playoffs with Melo, which made the Knicks a first round playoff team the past 2 seasons.

    Landry Fields was a 2nd round steal in the 2010 draft....ranking 3rd in ROY....averaging a C+ grade as a starter for 2 seasons....and for some uncanny reason 2nd season Landry Fields would rather change teams to be on a non-playoff Raptors team, rather than a first round playoff team....do u think our Knicks will be a contender next season with Tyson, Stat, Melo, and Lin?
    Landry Fields, and his agent dont think so.

  11. #26
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Red.... your not accurate.

    Here's an acurate fact....the addition of Melo did not improve the Knicks team in any way, the Knicks were a first round playoff team before the Melo-trade, and the Knicks are 1-8 in the playoffs with Melo, which made the Knicks a first round playoff team the past 2 seasons.

    Landry Fields was a 2nd round steal in the 2010 draft....ranking 3rd in ROY....averaging a C+ grade as a starter for 2 seasons....and for some uncanny reason 2nd season Landry Fields would rather change teams to be on a non-playoff Raptors team, rather than a first round playoff team....do u think our Knicks will be a contender next season with Tyson, Stat, Melo, and Lin?
    Landry Fields, and his agent dont think so.
    Or Landry realized he hit the jackpot by being offered a deal way beyond what he deserved based on his struggles last year. I mean let's be honest Landry was the lowest on the totem pole in everybody's mind when it came to "which FA Knick was going to be stolen"

    In my mind

    1) Lin
    2) Novak
    3) JR
    4) Clyde as an announcer
    5) A Signed Melo Jersey
    6) Fields

    Fields going to Toronto was a monetary decision and he would of been dumb not to take it.

  12. #27
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Let Fields walk.

    I don't even have to think about it. It's a no brainer.

    Nice guy, but that doesn't justify this contract.



    And btw: Brooklyn will finish the season higher than the Knicks.

    Deron, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries is already a much better starting 5 than the Knicks have and their bench has a few good players too like Marshon Brooks, Farmar etc.

    Atlantic Division 12-13:

    1. Philly
    2. Boston
    3. Brooklyn
    4. Knicks
    5. Toronto

  13. #28
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Let Fields walk.

    I don't even have to think about it. It's a no brainer.

    Nice guy, but that doesn't justify this contract.



    And btw: Brooklyn will finish the season higher than the Knicks.

    Deron, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries is already a much better starting 5 than the Knicks have and their bench has a few good players too like Marshon Brooks, Farmar etc.

    Atlantic Division 12-13:

    1. Philly
    2. Boston
    3. Brooklyn
    4. Knicks
    5. Toronto
    Why would Philly win the division? They've done nothing to get better. Boston added Terry,Sullinger, and Fab Melo and look to be adding more pieces. Plus most likely will be getting Green back. Knicks and Nets both have better rosters than the Sixers as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Philly misses the playoffs all together

  14. #29
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Carmelo and Durant are in completely different situations.

    1A and 1B kinda like how LeBron needed Wade and Bosh to win a ring but we're bitching about Melo who had no help the past 2 years in the playoffs

    Melo is extremely focused this summer, he's primed and ready to perform but we're not worried about next year we're concerned about the cluster**** bull**** our team has been through the past 2 years and now that we're finding some stability we wanna start over

    Woodson is turning Melo into a top 5 player overall he's defended harder with Woodson, rebounded better, found his teammates and scored at an efficient rate.

    When the rest of the team gets healthy and falls in line we'll be fine. Get rid of the dead weight and get the correct pieces around our stars(STAT and Melo) and lets go to war.
    You see that's the thing, in 2007 Lebron led arguably the worst team in Finals history to the NBA finals and in 06' we all know what Dwade did to the Mavs. Melo in 08' had a better team than both those teams but failed to get by the Lakers. Melo is my second fave player behind Durant but to say he can lead us like Dwade and Lebron led their lousy teams is down right dumb because he has shown that even with talent on his teams he still cant get far in the playoffs. No one can say that Melo ever "Carried" a team because he is simply not that dominant consistently to do so. Lebron carried Cleveland yearly and Dwade saved Miami from being like the Bobcats and Melo leaves Denver and their playing better without him? There is something wrong when you get rid of your best player and that team still thrives as if nothing happened. You seen what happened to Toronto, Cleveland, Phoenix, Utah, Chicago( Rose Injury),Minnesota and Orlando when their franchise players left, they stunk! But Melo leaves Denver and they are arguably a better team now, That shows that Melo has a lot of work to do in order to be a true Franchise player. The definition of a franchise player is someone that is the backbone of your franchise and a player that cannot be replaced...well Denver seemed to replace Melo just fine with TEAM BALL.

  15. #30
    Member InGodsHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    You see that's the thing, in 2007 Lebron led arguably the worst team in Finals history to the NBA finals and in 06' we all know what Dwade did to the Mavs. Melo in 08' had a better team than both those teams but failed to get by the Lakers. Melo is my second fave player behind Durant but to say he can lead us like Dwade and Lebron led their lousy teams is down right dumb because he has shown that even with talent on his teams he still cant get far in the playoffs. No one can say that Melo ever "Carried" a team because he is simply not that dominant consistently to do so. Lebron carried Cleveland yearly and Dwade saved Miami from being like the Bobcats and Melo leaves Denver and their playing better without him? There is something wrong when you get rid of your best player and that team still thrives as if nothing happened. You seen what happened to Toronto, Cleveland, Phoenix, Utah, Chicago( Rose Injury),Minnesota and Orlando when their franchise players left, they stunk! But Melo leaves Denver and they are arguably a better team now, That shows that Melo has a lot of work to do in order to be a true Franchise player. The definition of a franchise player is someone that is the backbone of your franchise and a player that cannot be replaced...well Denver seemed to replace Melo just fine with TEAM BALL.
    couldnt have said it better myself

    Nuggets despite injuries and trades still finished season as 6th seed in MUCH tougher western conference and pushed Lakers to a 7 game series. Team basketball ----> ISO Melo.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 111
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 12:31
  2. Fields A Lock In At 2.
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2010, 19:14
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2008, 10:29
  4. New York Knicks vs Toronto Raptors Game Thread 2/24
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2008, 18:08
  5. BLAZERS KNICKS RAPTORS CELTICS TWOLVES TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By SouthamptonAin'tNewYawk! in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Nov 14, 2005, 00:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •