Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Raptors offer deal to Landry Fields

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I love Landry but he is not worth 6-7 million a year.......thats nuts..
    at that rate even I say JR at 2.5 is a bargain.....shows u what other teams think of JR if landry is being offered 20 million and so far no news on JR offers
    Skisloper my good man this is all a ploy to stop us from shipping him to the suns. They can have him Jr smith is ten x better bro.

Fields is as good as gone...
    So is Nash at this point...

damn craptors.

Royce Young ‏@dailythunder
    If Landry Fields got $20 million for three years, James Harden has to be headed for something like four years, $500 million

In 3 years Fields is gonna be the most overpaid player in the NBA... $8.5 Mil lol

oops i forgot about STAT ($23 Mil) 2014-15

Originally Posted by FrazierVocab
    I wonder if and how hard Toronto will push for Lin now...
    I can see the Raptors offering the same type of poison pill contract to Lin

having the contract baloon up to 12 to 15 mil in year 3 and 4

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I can see the Raptors offering the same type of poison pill contract to Lin

having the contract baloon up to 12 to 15 mil in year 3 and 4
    I think thats their plan. Im telling you Nash to Dallas is a done deal once Dwill commits to Brooklyn. Then toronto will give lin a ridiculous back-loaded contract forcing us to choose. Only thing that can stop this would be for dallas to pull off a trade fow DH, thus causing DWill to sign with Dal. Leaving Nash open to Knicks, Suns, and Raptors. The suns offer today basically told Nash theyre ready to move on. We now dont have the assets to pull of a sign and trade, unless we get rid of shumpert, which were all in agreeance would be ludacris. Thus forcing Nashs hand and basically making toronto the destination.

Bottomline: **** Toronto and may they continue to be the cellar dwellers they are AYE.

$20 mil for 3 years, seriously???

I think we should let him go, concentrate on lin, novak and jr and sign other people. We are here scrambling because we don't have enough cash to offer Nash and we gonna pay fields $6-7 mil a season? I think NOT

However I would take a poison pill anyday for novak and lin to stay in this squad. I can live without fields, specially after the ****ty season last year, even I could have knocked more open 3's than that fool...

This was clearly an plan to keep NY from being able to trade for Nash. What GM really believes Fields is worth 6-7 mil??? Cmon!

Superstar

LMAO. Rediculous offer. No way Fields is worth 3 yrs/$20M. Not at this stage of his career and not off last year's regression..No way...Good for him though. Nice kid, still has upside. I like him a lot and wish him well. I would've welcomed him back but I always knew in the back of my mind that if someone came his way with a rediculous offer, which looks to be reality now, we could easily replace him.

Just my humble opinion but we could go out and sign 6'7" Jamelle Horne, 6'7" Scotty Hopson or 6'6" Sylven Landesberg for league minimum deals -- take your pick--all 3 have more game than Fields. We could also go out and probably get Chris Douglas-Roberts, another 6'7" SG/SF with more game than Fields, for a fraction of that contract offer. I also find DeQuan Jones, a 6'6" ultra-athletic wing that just went undrafted out of Miami very intriguing (this guy underachieved in college but I see oddles of potential here. He could be a late bloomer. Tremendous altheticism)...And I didn't even mention all the veteran talent that's out there that would come for less than the offer sheet this kid just signed. All is not lost here, believe me.

LMAO at Toronto trying to block us getting Nash btw, as it was rumored that Fields was a component in a S&T we were discussing with PHX. Whatever man..Good luck with Fields at $20M. Even if they got Nash too, that Toronto team still ain't going anywhere..LOL.

Just to be clear here -- even if Toronto turned around now and offered Lin the moon, he still can't make over a certain amount (somewhere around $5M I thought, right?)?? Did any of this change when he was granted his Bird Rights? Anyone know? Does he still have a max on what he's allowed to make?
    Last edited by finestrg; Jul 03, 2012 at 15:49.

Originally Posted by finestrg
    Just to be clear here -- even if Toronto turned around now and offered Lin the moon, he still can't make over a certain amount (somewhere around $5M I thought, right?)?? Did any of this change when he was granted his Bird Rights? Anyone know? Does he still have a max on what he's allowed to make?
    He can only make $5 mil in the first two years with annual raises BUT in year 3 he would qualify for a huge increase worth 10+ million. That's what's called the "poison pill" contract. Most teams won't match those terms, especially if they're near the luxury tax line.

Originally Posted by finestrg
    Lin can make 5m the first two seasons...BUT a team can offfer a posion pill deal and offer him up to 15m in the final 2 years of the deal. With Asik and now Fields gettting the restricted-deals they got, and with teams like Dallas, Toronto, and Houston in the mix, Im starting to not doubt that some teams going to try and make us think real real hard before matching. The financial implications down the road could be catastrophic.

Veteran

its become s real game of chicken.....teams want to wait to see what their restricted FA are worth but at the same time allow teams like toronto to step in and blow money in a strategic fashion......Dolan will not lose LIN no matter what the price as he knows is a bonanza marketing tool....The question is where to the knicks sit with any signings or additions.....
    Lin
    Shump
    Melo
    Stat
    TC

douglas
    novak ( ? )
    Jordan
    harrison.....

Superstar

Thanks guys...Yeah no way we match that deal. Nice knowin' ya, Landry!

All I've ever wanted was to re-sign Lin, JR, Fields and Novak, then add Felton and Camby. Nash is great but it's just not realistic with the small amount of money we have to work with.

Now we lose a trade chip in the potential PHX deal, which throws everything off. If HOU offers Lin the same backloaded deal then we're really screwed from a financial standpoint going forward.

@ Raptors giving Fields that much money. Yeah it's been real but Landry gots to bounce with that type of money.. Wonder how Lin reacts to this