Jason Kidd

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
If Mavs let Kidd go, they have no PG. It's highly unlikely that Kidd will be coming to New York now.
They dont even have a back up at this point, delonte west is not even resigned yet. I guess they can always make a run at dragic but yeah i think kidd gets resigned by the mavs.

I can really see the return of wait for it wait for it....

FeltonBigMac.png

Im starting to get sick of the "I am intersted in the Knicks" bull**** these players keep saying. We are like a punching bag now for players looking for a few extra bucks. New York is looking like a 2$ ho.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I'm not to sure about Kidd to the Mavs. The Mavs have Rodrigue Beaubois and could go after Ramon Sessions or Raymond Felton. I'm pretty sure some of you know how much I want J-Kidd to be a Knick. It would kind of being like flipping off the Nets. I pissed off with the Nets off-season moves.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Kidd aint coming. Grunwald failed. They learned NOTHING from last year. Lin better comeout and be every bit of linsanity that he was, and If he gets hurt were up ****s creek without a paddle. Lets not mention that hes never been a starter through a whole NBA season( or half for that matter). Thats to much for a kid whos still developing. I just hope they have some kind of plan here. Im not talking felton either.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
They dont even have a back up at this point, delonte west is not even resigned yet. I guess they can always make a run at dragic but yeah i think kidd gets resigned by the mavs.

I can really see the return of wait for it wait for it....

FeltonBigMac.png

:teeth: ****ing hell..........

We need Kidd, but it looks like he's using the NY media and market as a bartering lever again.

What an enormous dick pimple he is.

I'd be fine with Raymond Felton, to a degree, but if he comes back (if he even wants to come back, that is) and has a season like he did in Protland, I'd be fuming.

He won't earn a lot in his next contract because, well, he just didn't earn it in his time away from NY.

He can play though, and his dedication has always been praised. He might get a shot at the starting 1 with Lin at the 2 until Shump gets back. Denver played him and Lawson together effectively.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Kidd aint coming. Grunwald failed. They learned NOTHING from last year. Lin better comeout and be every bit of linsanity that he was, and If he gets hurt were up ****s creek without a paddle. Lets not mention that hes never been a starter through a whole NBA season( or half for that matter). Thats to much for a kid whos still developing. I just hope they have some kind of plan here. Im not talking felton either.

I agree. They better not have Lin playing 40 mpg like last season.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
I cant believe our guys in the FO wasted all that time and energy on Nash and it doesnt look like he ever really was going to come here. Shouldnt of wasted the time. Should of just went at kidd early. Maybe would of made him feel wanted more then just the guy we got bc we couldnt land Nash. Grunwald has been disappointing thus far. But it is early.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I cant believe our guys in the FO wasted all that time and energy on Nash and it doesnt look like he ever really was going to come here. Shouldnt of wasted the time. Should of just went at kidd early. Maybe would of made him feel wanted more then just the guy we got bc we couldnt land Nash. Grunwald has been disappointing thus far. But it is early.

I think it's also indicative of Lin being Dolan's priority. If he were to leave the Knicks the entire world would be laughing at Dolan for letting a contract he can backload for a diamond in the rough like Lin.

There's not a team in this league that doesn't want Lin's bird rights.

Lin will be back.

Hopefully he brings back some of that epic Linsanity.

Houston are not a threat. The Raptors, now that they have Landry, are a threat, IMO. I think they'll pay big ~ $40M-$44M.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
Did not know Dragon wanted that much. Not sure he'll get that, but I'm fine with 8Mil for him. It's likely we roll the dice that Lin is close to what he did during Linsanity.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;239778 said:
I think it's also indicative of Lin being Dolan's priority. If he were to leave the Knicks the entire world would be laughing at Dolan for letting a contract he can backload for a diamond in the rough like Lin.

There's not a team in this league that doesn't want Lin's bird rights.

Lin will be back.

Hopefully he brings back some of that epic Linsanity.

Houston are not a threat. The Raptors, now that they have Landry, are a threat, IMO. I think they'll pay big ~ $40M-$44M.

Let's not forget Dallas. I think at the end Cuban is going to step in and make Lin an offer he can't refuse.

STAT1

Starter
Let's not forget Dallas. I think at the end Cuban is going to step in and make Lin an offer he can't refuse.

Doesn't matter, whatever offer Dallas makes the Knicks will match it. Lin has no choice in the matter he will have to stay in NY if the Knicks want to keep him. If not, they will let him go, but the backloaded contract hysteria is not as huge as everyone thinks it is, there's no telling what will happen after 2 more years, we may not even have 1 of the other big contracts still here at that time. I'm sure if the Knicks end up matching a backloaded contract for Lin then they will be looking to dump Amar'e after the 2014 season in a cap move similar to how Atlanta just dumped Joe Johnson on the Nets. He would only have 1 more year left on his deal then so it would be much more palateable then than it is now, assuming his knees & back can hold up that long (big IF admittedly, but I think people are overreacting prematurely a bit to the whole luxury tax scare in year 3 of Lin's next contract)

Forrest17

Rotation player
Please god no felton.. I'd rather have douglas at point than him. I HATE Felton.. His chucking of shots drove me absolutely insane. I got zero enjoyment out of watching him play.

Normally I don't ever say "oh well x player just benefited from the coaches system" but honestly with him it was the truth. There was like a 3 month period where he put up decent numbers in the D'Antoni system but he has never come close to that level of play since then or throughout his entire career. Keep him away. Get someone else I don't care who it is.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's not Grunwald's fault. I don't think he could've done any more than he did to lure these guys here. At the end of the day, Kidd won his first ring with the Mavericks, so he'll obviously have a lot of loyalty towards them.

Since we're not getting Jason Kidd either, we need to look at other FA guards on the market.

How about Aaron Brooks? He can run an offense (kind of) and he can also score, would be a great Jason Terry-type for our team.

We could look into Ramon Sessions, but man that guy cannot score worth a damn.

How about Jameer Nelson, who is now a free agent?

And then, of course, there's Raymond Felton, but we all know about the deficiencies in his game already.

If Kirk Hinrich has not been signed yet, Grunwald needs to be on the phone with his agent RIGHT NOW.