Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jason Kidd

Originally Posted by STAT1
    If we sign & trade for Nash, we would still have the $3M mini MLE to use on another FA anyway. Nash is a clear upgrade over J Kidd at this stage in their careers. I would welcome having either of them but I think the Knicks would be much better off swinging a S&T for Nash & then focusing their attention on signing Camby with the mini MLE. That would leave us with a stacked roster next season:

C - Chandler / Camby
    PF - Stoudemire / Harrellson
    SF - Anthony / Novak (or Tolliver if Novak signs a big contract elsewhere)
    SG - Smith (Shumpert when healthy) / veteran's min FA (Mo Evans?)
    PG - Nash / Lin
    This is why Kidd would be our backup.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

If we sign & trade for Nash, we would still have the $3M mini MLE to use on another FA anyway. Nash is a clear upgrade over J Kidd at this stage in their careers. I would welcome having either of them but I think the Knicks would be much better off swinging a S&T for Nash & then focusing their attention on signing Camby with the mini MLE. That would leave us with a stacked roster next season:

C - Chandler / Camby
    PF - Stoudemire / Harrellson
    SF - Anthony / Novak (or Tolliver if Novak signs a big contract elsewhere)
    SG - Smith (Shumpert when healthy) / veteran's min FA (Mo Evans?)
    PG - Nash / Lin
    In a sign and trade the Knicks most likely will lose Shumpert and J.R. Smith is not a sure thing. Camby is also questionable but the roster is not bad. Sign and trades usually involve the team losing something.

I just think the Knicks have nothing to offer and can't afford losing a young Shumpert for an old Nash. Especially since Fields is gone. Kidd is a better defender and might be a better fit. Kidd can have the same effect with Nash, played with Chandler and I believe Melo.

Originally Posted by serendipity10
    In a sign and trade the Knicks most likely will lose Shumpert and J.R. Smith is not a sure thing. Camby is also questionable but the roster is not bad. Sign and trades usually involve the team losing something.

I just think the Knicks have nothing to offer and can't afford losing a young Shumpert for an old Nash. Especially since Fields is gone. Kidd is a better defender and might be a better fit. Kidd can have the same effect with Nash, played with Chandler and I believe Melo.
    Right, I forgot that Landry had already agreed to the offer sheet from the Raptors, which takes him out of the equation in a S&T deal with the Suns (no one would want to pay him that amount of money in his 3rd season). If trading for Nash would mean we lose Shump, then I agree with you that Kidd is the better play.

Right, I forgot that Landry had already agreed to the offer sheet from the Raptors, which takes him out of the equation in a S&T deal with the Suns (no one would want to pay him that amount of money in his 3rd season). If trading for Nash would mean we lose Shump, then I agree with you that Kidd is the better play.
    Yup, the Knicks are in danger of losing about everyone and need to do something quick. The Nets are coming out with vengeance this off-season.

Originally Posted by serendipity10
    Yup, the Knicks are in danger of losing about everyone and need to do something quick. The Nets are coming out with vengeance this off-season.
    I am hating all the attention they are getting but gotta give them props for how aggressively they are approaching this offseason. They are being very proactive & dictating the market rather than letting the market dictate their moves like the Knicks are currently doing. If they end up getting Dwight then they would have pulled off one of the best offseason of moves in NBA history. But if they don't, then I think they'll be stuck with a mediocre team for the next several years with zero cap space to do much to improve their team going forward. Prokhorov is rolling the dice. As a gambling man myself I gotta admire that.

Superstar

if Its down to knicks and Nets for kid then I think we will get him.

They are going to have 40 million dollars tied up in to their starting backcourt so those guys are going to play and play alot.

We have no guarenteed spots in our back court. If a disaster doesn't happen and Lin stays a Knick then he is our starter but I don't think he will play as many minutes as Deron will.

Plus some nights we could experiment and play kidd and lin at the 1 and 2 because we have no solid starter at the 2 spot.

I think we can offer Kidd a much more than the nets.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Im hearing from sources Mavs are out and its down to KNicks and Nets.
    Ric Bucher reported its between Mavs and Knicks...

Ric Bucher: As source indicated earlier, Kidd won't join Deron with Nets. Deciding between Mavs and Knicks. Twitter
    Last edited by Paul1355; Jul 04, 2012 at 02:55.

Sources said Kidd might accept the veteran minimum as well...which would let us sign either Randy Foye or Marcus Camby(my pick) for the mid level exception

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Ric Bucher reported its between Mavs and Nets...

Ric Bucher: As source indicated earlier, Kidd won't join Deron with Nets. Deciding between Mavs and Knicks. Twitter
    those contradict lol....

I wish the ny knicks front office were as smart as some of u guys on this forum.

I would take Kidd in a heartbeat if it meant Lin would stay with us as well.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    those contradict lol....
    my bad lol mavs and knicks

If we can get the best leader in basketball in the past 10 years im all for it. Jkidd will always be welcome whether he is 39 or 59.

The Knicks signed James White and looking to match to keep Lin.

"Iman Shumpert may have to replace Fields in a package that also may include Dan Gadzuricís $1.4 million non-guaranteed contract, Toney Douglasí expiring pact, Jerome Jordan and Josh Harrellson. Nash could end up making up to $8 million. Without a sign-and-trade, the Knicks only have their $3.09 million mini-midlevel exception".

As much as I like Steve Nash, I'll say this again, I don't like the idea of losing a good defender the Knicks have in Iman. Expiring contracts are useful and Josh Harrellson can do some good. The Knicks should try for Kidd and Camby, having a good team and saving money for future seasons.

Its down to Knicks and Mavs now.

why wouldnt you choose us...

With DWill gone, I don't see how Mavs can let Kidd walk. As much as I like Kidd, I don't want to overpay for aging stars.