Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sonny Weems + Mo Evans rumors resurface

Lurker

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    The Knicks have "shown some interest" in Sonny Weems and Maurice Evans, according to their agent Roger Montgomery, who also represents Jeremy Lin.
    I'm guessing it will be Weems we sign since he played for the Nuggets. Some love affair going on between the two teams former players. Plus he and J.R. Swish were pretty good friends while they were teammates...

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    The Knicks have "shown some interest" in Sonny Weems and Maurice Evans, according to their agent Roger Montgomery, who also represents Jeremy Lin.

"I think both of them would fit really good in that situation," Montgomery said. "Mo would fit for a number of reasons because what he does as a veteran, and he's played for Woody. And I think Sonny would be an absolute steal if he was able to go play with them, just because of how athletic he is. I think that he could be a starter and he could be a rotation guy. I think he would be ideal."

Weems, 26, averaged 11.8 points for Zalgiris last season.

Evans, who played for the Wizards last season, fits the Knicks’ spending limit of $1.4 million, the so-called veteran's minimum contract.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Can we get greedy & have both? Afterall, we did save all that money by not re-signing Lin.