Lin apparently signed $40M offer sheet from Houston. NY have 3 days to match

What should the penalty for racist behavior be on here?

• Ban

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Temporary ban

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warning

• Scolding

• Whatever! I'm sure we can just ignore it.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Why are we still talking about the 40 mil contract? It is just a rumor. OTOH, if Houston does offer Lin 40 mil, let them have Lin.

As for Goran Dragic, he is a highly sought after FA now that DWill is off the market. I wouldn't be surprised if he asks for 40 million for 4 years.

But that would be based on his basketball potential, and not the potential skrilla his presence on a starting roster would generate. But I'm not completely objective on Goran, cause I was high on him the year after he was darted, even got into arguments on here about how he looked more consistent and like a better pro than Gallo did at that point, and all he needed was mins.

So, I admit that my viewpoint is a little skewed on whether or not he's worth 40 million. But I wouldn't have a problem taking that gamble. The Knicks would need his help tho, since that money would have to come by way of Lin's Bird rights, and then a trade. We can't just let Lin go, we have his Bird Exception, which is an asset. Assets are hugely important to teams with very little wiggle room with the cap situation.

The amount & term of the offer sheet is a rumor, but the meeting isn't.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I think, based on that 10-game run, that Lin is worth 40million. At the same time, my only concern with Lin is how he will be hold up with the health.

It seems we're all caught up on whether or not Lin, in a vacuum, is worth 40m$, and I think he is because the guy is a legit baller. But outside of the vacuum, where we have to consider things like injuries, this is where my concern is. I'd like to see him play a full season and see how he holds up.

That's another thing about Landry, a little off topic here, but Landry played the full 82 and full 66 without missing a game. That's a durable player.

The 10 game run in D'Antoni's system? Or the run when the Knicks were 7-1(?) under Woody, when Mike left?

If you're talking about Lin's poise, confidence, athleticism, etc. when under MDA, fine. But Duhon and Felton will tell you that you have to throw everything else out.

This whole talk of Lin putting the Knicks into the luxury tax zone in a couple years as a deterrent to re-signing him (at any cost) for Dolan is crazy. Lin's value to the Knicks and the markets he offers them far exceed any luxury tax hit the Knicks would have to take. Beyond that, Dolan could care less about us being screwed in a few years from a salary cap standpoint.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Crazy⑧s;239348 said:
The Rockets have come to terms with Jeremy Lin on an offer sheet. Specific terms of the deal have not been released. As of July 11th, the Knicks will have 3 days to match offer.

New York Knicks restricted free agent point guard Jeremy Lin will visit the Houston Rockets on Wednesday, according to ESPN.

The report indicates that Houston can make a 4-year, $40 million contract offer to Lin where the final 2 years would be worth $15 million per season.

Ironically, the Rockets had waived Lin at the end of training camp in December to make room on the roster for Samuel Dalembert. He subsequently joined the Knicks and became an instant phenomenon, averaging 14.6 points and 6.4 assists in 35 contests last season.

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...to-offer-sheet

I'm sorry, that deserves its own thread.

UPDATES

https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/

Wargames

Starter
The update says he is mulling it over and there is a good reason that he should think it over. He is almost 100% a knick for the life of that contract if he plays like he did the majority of his starts last season.

So does he sign that poison pill contract and cause the team to scramble to make space in the upcoming years or does he maybe work something out with the Knicks that is fair to all parties.

So far all the poison pills were accepted with the belief the owner wouldn't match (asik, Fields, Gordon) or in the case of Hibbert, he took his after the pacers owners let it slip they would likely not match or get anywhere close.

Dolan is matching Lins offer, Lin can potentially earn it all back and he is needed in NY. However the Knicks capspace will be stretch thin in 2015.

If the Knicks don't resign Lin they'll be thrown back another 5 years and need to start from scratch again.

This team is messed up already (once again) with Jello's, Amarknee's and Chandler's contracts. Lin and Shumpert are the only great prospects and signs of hope we have. Both must stay here for 5+ years, unless we get a great player in return.

The whole hype aside, I was really impressed by Lin last season, he reminded me of a young Nash at times. He's a keeper and should form the backbone of the Knicks alongside Shumpert come 2014-2015. Add a good young big man and we might finally be able to watch a legit team at MSG.

It's about time those Melo and Amar'e contracts expire, but well Dolan will find a way to mess this up and sign the next frauds on 100 million contracts..

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
The Rockets have presented Jeremy Lin with a multi-year offer sheet. Lin is currently considering whether or not to accept it.
Lin's deal includes backloaded money in an attempt to deter the Knicks from matching it. But New York has been adamant in their intention to match any offer sheet Lin signs with a rival team.

Forrest17

Rotation player
The Rockets have presented Jeremy Lin with a multi-year offer sheet. Lin is currently considering whether or not to accept it.
Lin's deal includes backloaded money in an attempt to deter the Knicks from matching it. But New York has been adamant in their intention to match any offer sheet Lin signs with a rival team.

Why doesn't grunwald just come in and say " Look lin, ill give you the same deal they offered just not backloaded, this way you get more money now anyways, this helps us also so we don't get ****ed by the tax in a few years."

He hasn't signed it yet so I'm not sure whats stopping them. Im sure Lin would like to get more money next year if he could rather than wait a few years.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
$40m is a lot of money. Wow.

I think he is significantly more valuable in NY. re:marketing.

Considering all of these monster contracts that are being tosses around this year - the NBA seems to be doing very well.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
$40m is a lot of money. Wow.

I think he is significantly more valuable in NY. re:marketing.

Considering all of these monster contracts that are being tosses around this year - the NBA seems to be doing very well.

What was the lockout about again?:boohoo:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
What was the lockout about again?:boohoo:

The same thing that it's always about. Owners cry poverty, demand more fiscally responsible rules so they can save as much money as possible, then they find ways to skirt around those rules and spend massive amounts of money.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
The same thing that it's always about. Owners cry poverty, demand more fiscally responsible rules so they can save as much money as possible, then they find ways to skirt around those rules and spend massive amounts of money.

I love the irony of owners banding together to 'end all bad contracts', if those fools didn't give them out in the first place, then there wouldn't be bad contracts.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I love the irony of owners banding together to 'end all bad contracts', if those fools didn't give them out in the first place, then there wouldn't be bad contracts.

The owners have always begged for help from themselves. It's really small market owners vs big market owners. Big markets just spend without any regard for luxury taxes, cause they have that revenue flowing in. But then small markets feel the need to make big splashes to compete...and then you have the nonstop bitching and whining about how much the players make.

Let him go, he hasn't earned that money yet, nor has he shown much consistancy, defense or durability to go along with his wreckless style of play. We already have a overpaid player in Stat. Hoston is just messing with the Knicks. They had JLin before he came to NYC and now they want to give him this rediculous money? I'll flip this trick on them and let them have him.... then I'll enjoy watching them look like fools again, 2 times over the same player.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Let him go, he hasn't earned that money yet, nor has he shown much consistancy, defense or durability to go along with his wreckless style of play. We already have a overpaid player in Stat. Hoston is just messing with the Knicks. They had JLin before he came to NYC and now they want to give him this rediculous money? I'll flip this trick on them and let them have him.... then I'll enjoy watching them look like fools again, 2 times over the same player.

I shall now share my feelings about the above quoted text.

tumblr_lgf3pgDzLT1qh4nf6o1_400.gif

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
バカ.

So, in your infinite wisdom, what would you suggest if we were to let Lin walk? One year's backloaded, luxury tax affecting season is not worth his ineptitude to you, I suppose?

Status
Not open for further replies.