Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Official Knicks Roster

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Marc Berman
    While Woodson said Lin wears the starter jersey when training camp opens in October, Carmelo piped in it might be good for Jeremy to come off bench behind Kidd. “If [Lin] comes off the bench, playing behind a guy like Jason Kidd, playing under a guy and learning from Kidd, he should take advantage of this opportunity — just having JKidd on our team,’’ Anthony said. No doubt Melo has ball more in his hands when Kidd is on court. But I hope that's not what he's thinking. Read more at the New York Post ›

Some of you guys will have a field day with that statement
    I actually think Lin coming off the bench is better for Lin, i think woody already said Lin will start but Lin coming off the bench gives Lin more of chance to be more aggressive and play the more attacking style he favors + it also gives our bench that extra scoring boost.

With Jason kidd in the starting Lineup, i feel will control the tempo a little better and make sure things don't get out of hand. Chandler+kidd i love it, i know JLIN and Tyson had great chemistry but Kidd&Chandler i feel the chemistry on the court will be even GREATER.

Either way we will probably see alot of Jason kidd and Lin on the Floor together next season, weather it be Jason kidd in the starting lineup or Jeremy Lin you cant go wrong either way both are great PG's

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    What Lin during Linsanity made him stand out as a legit starting PG. Kidd can not do half of what Lin did during Linsanity. The old Kidd would have started over Lin but Kidd is now 39, he is a good backup.

Lin should start he is better and getting paid more, period.

Kidd and Lin will most likely play at the same time as well now that we have Priogioni as a 3rd PG.
    Your backward thinking is what is off... Jeremy Lin is an up tempo point guard like Steve Nash but no where refined... Jason Kidd & Pablo Prigioni at this point in their careers are no better then a "PASS FIRST POINT GUARD", and for our starting lineup with Melo, Smith, & Stat that are scorers they need a pass first point guard rather than an up tempo pg who causes many turnovers.

Lin coming off the bench gives two things:

Up tempo energy & from what we have on the bench would be the scorer

Jeremy Lin needs to improve his ball handling, recognition of what he is seeing, understanding he is the couch on the court, on the ball defense as well could improve...

Lin could become a spark off the bench, but Knicks and Melo want to win now, to do that you want a Veteran Point Guard to guide these 3 scorers is the best way to get it done. Is Kidd the best option, yes he just won a Championship two years ago from doing what he will do for us be pass first point guard.

Lin is our future, not our now. But you see the $ dollar signs on why he should start you are as foolish as those comments that were made by the coaching staff. He will be a part of the team, and learn from experienced players in his position while training and proving he is ready to take those reigns.

LinSanity was a fad, something made to sell Merchandise. 25 games NOT the full season... LinSation was all good points but we saw the negative ones because we are the true fans... Jeremy Lin won a few games but because of his turnovers we lost just as many... Lin is getting paid because of his hot commodity right now, is it justified ~ NO!
    Everyone is looking at the marketability of the New York Hype surrounding this kid, unfortunately he is still 50/50 on what type of player he could be! We hope he will be that guy, but from a skill set Jeremy Lin has "RAW POTENTIAL"!
    Get your facts straight!
    Last edited by gmf1369; Jul 12, 2012 at 12:04.

To be honest Lin should come off the bench but he wont

If we were starting Shumpert, I'd take Lin in the starting line up but with Smith as the 2 we need a legit pass first PG which Lin is not in the starting line up

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    Your backward thinking is what is off... Jeremy Lin is an up tempo point guard like Steve Nash but no where refined... Jason Kidd & Pablo Prigioni at this point in their careers are no better then a "PASS FIRST POINT GUARD", and for our starting lineup with Melo, Smith, & Stat that are scorers they need a pass first point guard rather than an up tempo pg who causes many turnovers.

Lin coming off the bench gives two things:

Up tempo energy & from what we have on the bench would be the scorer

Jeremy Lin needs to improve his ball handling, recognition of what he is seeing, understanding he is the couch on the court, on the ball defense as well could improve...

Lin could become a spark off the bench, but Knicks and Melo want to win now, to do that you want a Veteran Point Guard to guide these 3 scorers is the best way to get it done. Is Kidd the best option, yes he just won a Championship two years ago from doing what he will do for us be pass first point guard.

Lin is our future, not our now. But you see the $ dollar signs on why he should start you are as foolish as those comments that were made by the coaching staff. He will be a part of the team, and learn from experienced players in his position while training and proving he is ready to take those reigns.

LinSanity was a fad, something made to sell Merchandise. 25 games NOT the full season... LinSation was all good points but we saw the negative ones because we are the true fans... Jeremy Lin won a few games but because of his turnovers we lost just as many... Lin is getting paid because of his hot commodity right now, is it justified ~ NO!
    Everyone is looking at the marketability of the New York Hype surrounding this kid, unfortunately he is still 50/50 on what type of player he could be! We hope he will be that guy, but from a skill set Jeremy Lin has "RAW POTENTIAL"!
    Get your facts straight!
    This post sounds like someone who just reads the newspapers and didn't actually watch the games....Lin took over basketball games single handedly and he did it with both Mike D and Woodson as his coach.

Lin made everyone better, he made Novak better, Fields better, hell even Jeffries played better on offense under Lin, Tyson always had nice passes to him... unfortunately the knee injury couldn't prove to you how good he actually is with melo and amare..

One thing I will say is that when melo first came back, Lin did the mistake of sacrificing his offensive game to just pass to Melo. he should play the same way during linsanity and just look to drive every moment he can and kick it out to open players. He deferred to melo too much.

This can learned easily.

His weaknesses can be learned quickly. And when they are, then do you think he should start?

Players who have the ball most of the time have the most turnovers. Look who had the most amount of turnovers per game....Derron Williams had the most at 4 per game...John Wall had 3.9...Steve Nash 3.7...Rajon Rondo 3.6...and all of these guys are elite PG...turnovers come with the position however lin should improve it and he will.

And to say someone is a fast break PG and basically saying can't be effective in a half court with melo, Amare, and Chandler is just as "foolish" as anything I have heard. Good players can adjust. One thing a player in a half court offense needs is a jump shot, the ability to slash at will, and able to run a good pick and roll...Lin can do all of these with ease.

Lin just has to be aggressive and draw defenders to him and you will see ball movement at its finest.

You can watch every Knick game last year and you will see a pattern...a PG that can't drive to the basket can't draw defenders to him which makes the defense focus on the star players like Melo and Amare. Lin drew guys to him and because of that other players were always open and it became a fluid offense with little stagnation.

If there was stagnation, then Lin would just drive to the hoop and draw a foul or make some ridiculous lay up so he WAS ALWAYS EFFECTIVE.

I am not saying he is perfect, but he is the best option at PG for us right now.

Woodson said he will start and the games he will play and the numbers he will put up will keep him a starter because he is too good.

You should watch those games Lin played during linsanity again and honestly tell me that he should sit on the bench for Jason Kidd...please bro.

I just smh thinking about Lin sitting on the bench when the guy is so dynamic.

I know you are just looking at Kidd as the orchestrator and Lin the scorer but Lin can do both...Kidd can't score like he use to which makes him 2nd string PG...its as simple as that.

And yes the dollar signs make a difference...its simple..the guy getting paid more should start and get more minutes. SHOULD.

I say we sit them both and start Prigioni !

Originally Posted by CA7
    To be honest Lin should come off the bench but he wont

If we were starting Shumpert, I'd take Lin in the starting line up but with Smith as the 2 we need a legit pass first PG which Lin is not in the starting line up
    Makes sense, sort of like the Jason Terry, Harden mold, instant offense off the bench. A distributor especially if Smith starts makes much more sense. Lin would still get a good bulk of PT. I would imagine Kidd gets the first 5, maybe the last 5 of the first half, top 5 of the 2nd and if it's a game, the last 5.

Superstar

Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    I say we sit them both and start Prigioni !
    that would be hilarious if that ended up happening. Watch this guy be like 10 times better than rubio lol

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    This post sounds like someone who just reads the newspapers and didn't actually watch the games....Lin took over basketball games single handedly and he did it with both Mike D and Woodson as his coach.
    I was at most of the home games, btw I witnessed his follies & some of his great moments. But also witnessed stars for the opposing team sidelined due to injury. Not like everyone was 100% during last season, was the perfect time for a LinSanity to evolve!

Everything you just said ~ proves that Kidd has the experience and know how for Lin to learn from, coming off the bench is NOT the end of the world. But with 3 Scorers on the court you need that PASS FIRST PRESENCE AT PG, not another scoring PG who is NOT ready to take the reigns "IF" we want to WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP NOW! Having Kidd start won't cripple Jeremy's ego, but give him that "WILL" to get better.

Some players have the ability & some players have to bust their hump to earn those chances. I don't believe Lin has earned anything YET! 25 Games is still just 25 Games. Did he win all 25 Games, NO!

We have limited players on the bench besides Steve Novak that could put points up, so placing a young inexperience point guard that is a slasher/scorer with upside to learn from an All-Pro Point Guard like a Jason Kidd where he still might have more minutes then Jason but the "TEAM" will benefit.

Long 82 Game season, anything could happen ~ Lin could earn those chances to start & maybe he plays well, what happens if he is the liability?

What if, Jeremy Lin proves he is NOT worth the $$$s he just signed on the dotted line?

What are people going to say then?

Why NOT play it safe put someone for Jeremy to learn from! Then praying he will be the LinSanity of which he was last season in the condensed 66 Game season where he became the Hot Commodity he is now!

I am NOT saying he doesn't deserve a chance to be the Starter! BUT, handing over the reigns to a player that become successful in a condensed 66 Game season where half the league was banged up due to injuries.

On top everything you said, Lin still could have the minutes, but doesn't have to be the starter! People don't fear Jeremy, but they RESPECT Jason!

Jason still has game, enough game to be a threat! If we want to win NOW, Season Opener we start Jason Kidd, by Season End Jeremy Lin could overtake Kidd's Starting Role!
    Last edited by gmf1369; Jul 13, 2012 at 14:35.

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    I was at most of the home games, btw I witnessed his follies & some of his great moments. But also witnessed stars for the opposing team sidelined due to injury. Not like everyone was 100% during last season, was the perfect time for a LinSanity to evolve!

Everything you just said ~ proves that Kidd has the experience and know how for Lin to learn from, coming off the bench is NOT the end of the world. But with 3 Scorers on the court you need that PASS FIRST PRESENCE AT PG, not another scoring PG who is NOT ready to take the reigns "IF" we want to WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP NOW! Having Kidd start won't cripple Jeremy's ego, but give him that "WILL" to get better.

Some players have the ability & some players have to bust their hump to earn those chances. I don't believe Lin has earned anything YET! 25 Games is still just 25 Games. Did he win all 25 Games, NO!

We have limited players on the bench besides Steve Novak that could put points up, so placing a young inexperience point guard that is a slasher/scorer with upside to learn from an All-Pro Point Guard like a Jason Kidd where he still might have more minutes then Jason but the "TEAM" will benefit.

Long 82 Game season, anything could happen ~ Lin could earn those chances to start & maybe he plays well, what happens if he is the liability?

What if, Jeremy Lin proves he is NOT worth the $$$s he just signed on the dotted line?

What are people going to say then?

Why NOT play it safe put someone for Jeremy to learn from! Then praying he will be the LinSanity of which he was last season in the condensed 66 Game season where he became the Hot Commodity he is now!

I am NOT saying he doesn't deserve a chance to be the Starter! BUT, handing over the reigns to a player that become successful in a condensed 66 Game season where half the league was banged up due to injuries.

On top everything you said, Lin still could have the minutes, but doesn't have to be the starter! People don't fear Jeremy, but they RESPECT Jason!

Jason still has game, enough game to be a threat! If we want to win NOW, Season Opener we start Jason Kidd, by Season End Jeremy Lin could overtake Kidd's Starting Role!
    Starter or bench, but I'd be surprised if Kidd averaged more than 24 minutes this season. Kidd starts the first 5, the final 5 of the first half, starts the first 5 of the 2nd half and if it's still a game the last 5 minutes Kidd will be in.

Kidd/Felton/Pablo
    JR/White/?? *Shumpert
    Melo/Novak
    STAT/K.Thomas
    Chandler/Camby

Still need that Shooting Guard

Kidd/Felton/Pablo
    JR/White/?? *Shumpert
    Melo/Novak
    STAT/K.Thomas
    Chandler/Camby

Still need that Shooting Guard
    Felton could be S&T'd. Who knows? Jimmy White has been getting a lot of praise for his passing and handles if reports are true.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Felton could be S&T'd. Who knows? Jimmy White has been getting a lot of praise for his passing and handles if reports are true.
    what ?

what ?
    Can he not? Is that a new CBA rule? Can't re-trade a recently acquired player before X amount of time. I know nothing

Veteran

You cannot trade a player who was acquired via sign-and-trade until December 15, if memory recalls correctly

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    You cannot trade a player who was acquired via sign-and-trade until December 15, if memory recalls correctly
    Riiiiiight. I see. Thanks, SSJ.