Marbury on Ariza

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Calling him the "biggest surprise" of the preseason that ended Thursday night, Marbury said, "I think teams now, they're picking kids from overseas, they're not picking kids who really know how to play basketball. I'm not happy for him as far as the money standpoint. But as far as us getting a guy like that, it's a steal. He's definitely a 1-to-5 pick. And I've seen Okafor and I've seen the other kid [Howard] play. And he's right up there with those guys."

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=1426

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
ARIZA!

I agree, Ariza is a steal. He is definatley going to be an amzing player. Especially seeing as he is only 19!! He is the same age as some kid called LeBron James! Except Ariza did the smart thing and went to college. He also has an excellent cast of players to devlop him. I am expecting him to make a run at rookie of the year and the dunk contest in Denver this year, also I expect to see some action from him in the rookie challenege. This is good to see, some young talent; to start last year the Knicks didn't seem to have any young talent. Frank Wiliams did turn out to be pretty good, but was under the radar for a bit. The we got Steph and Frank was recently traded. Then Sweetney also emrged as Isiah took the wheel. With "Sweets" Ariza & Crawford, the Knicks furture seems bright, even though that future is above the salary cap. It's been a while since the Knicks had such a great rookie as well. Houston, Marbury & Ariza are currently on the top of my list of favorite Knicks at the moment. ;)

ariza_dunk2_041014.jpg

newmove

Rotation player
Absolutely! This kid's got sick game, great skills and a passion for the game. I'm sure he will develop himself into an outstanding basketball player (and maybe a dunk champion as well ;)).

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
you think he'll be in contention to be Rookie of The Year?

I think thats pushing it, for Ariza on this team... he wont get enough playing time

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
ARIZA!

That's under estimating him and his ability. If he is a great as he seems, Lenny will MAKE room for him. Plus Tim Thomas is a streaky player as well all know. So when he is ineffective, just slip Ariza in. I'm sure he can get minuetes. All you have to do is cut Tim's time just a little bit. It's not that hard to configure playing time for someone that talented! :afro:

He's definatley in the running for rookie of the year by the way....

ariza1_254x308_040810.jpg

I remember in Feb of 2003 at the Prime Time Shootout in Trenton NJ.

Trevor Ariza's Westchester HS Team (#3 in the nation at the time)
Played vs Lebrons St Vincent St mary Squad

Bron did score 52 pts, but Trev had one move where he just crossed Bron outa his pants.

The whole croud went nuts, ariza had like 30 pts that game.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
hmmm....

I'm hoping for a rivarly between him and LeBron sooner or later.... :p

Maybe it'll start if Ariza goes to the dunk contest vs LeBron who will obviously be there.
Imagine how sick that'd be, call me crazy but I can see them matching each other dunk for dunk! The teen-start who went to college getting upset by the under-dog kid who did go to college. The number 1 pick vs. the number 43! I've always been partial to the under-dogs.....

**~ That would be amazing....

[OK SO I'M DEAMING A BIT, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE AND CRAZY!]

ariza2_254x308_040810.jpg