Steve Nash

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sorry, I didn't know where to post this, and since we have a Jason Kidd only thread I thought we'd concentrate all Nashness herein.

Hahn's twitter

Steve_Nash_Knicks.jpg

Steve Nash, meanwhile, and the Knicks are working with the Suns to complete a sign-and-trade deal that would bring Nash to New York. Indications are the Knicks are his top choice, but because a trade is complicated (and there is great hesitation to give up Iman Shumpert), the Raptors are in play. A lot of effort has been made, however, to get this done.

Conspirators Unite:

Considering that the Knicks have shown interest in Sonny Weems, the Raptors are very interested in Lin and have signed Fields to an over-exorbitant contract........

Is Grunwald in cohorts with the Raptors to avoid a sign and trade with Phoenix that'll bring us DeRozan, Weems and Nash?

That's purely speculative, but the bolded quote from Hahn suggests that there has been some rendezvousing going on here, no?

Are the Suns, on the other hand, making their play for Iman Shumpert in a 3 way trade consisting of a Nash - Lin swap from Toronto to obtain Shumpert?

Either way, it does say that Nash wants NY.

Now I'm getting anxious.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
#Knicks still working on sign and trade with Phoenix and Nash. Told nothing is done.

I believe in the end we'll end up with Steve Nash.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
woah woah woah no one said we'd lose Shump or Lin.

Knicks are doing EVERYTHING to keep Shump believe that, and Lin will be back guaranteed.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If we end up with Nash and lose Shump and Lin then I guess we have our team for the next 3 years......do or die...and then start over...

Basically, yeah. At the end of that 3 years we have zero players under contract. Considering our draft picks are now a faded memory, perhaps Glen Grunwald is already planning ahead to 2015-2016 free agency as the next step after this team achieves all it can behind its core of Nash, Melo, Tyson and SHAT?

Who knows!?

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
God, I really really hope we dont get rid of shumpert. Id love to have Nash on this squad, but not at that expense.

Either way, I just want this Nash stuff to get figured out so grunwald can start shifting his attention elsewhere...Like whos playing the 2 again???

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Dolan does have money to burn. Go ahead and sign Nash. Match Houston's offer sheet for Lin. It's not my money anyway.

Just for the sake of discussion, what could Suns possibly want from NYK to complete the trade?

skisloper

Starter
woah woah woah no one said we'd lose Shump or Lin.

Knicks are doing EVERYTHING to keep Shump believe that, and Lin will be back guaranteed.

In order to get Nash Knicks need to do a sign and trade,,,,,,there is nobody else but Shumpert to give up....I dont want to lose shump either but if we keep Lin....
Nash
Lin
Melo
Stat
TC

what a strange mix of a starting 5.....We will either be great or complete crap....Nash is the PG to make it gel

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
im telling you, the Knicks have a good shot at not giving up Shumpert.

Either Nash walks to Toronto for nothing or Knicks give them pieces calm down.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
In order to get Nash Knicks need to do a sign and trade,,,,,,there is nobody else but Shumpert to give up....I dont want to lose shump either but if we keep Lin....
Nash
Lin
Melo
Stat
TC

what a strange mix of a starting 5.....We will either be great or complete crap....Nash is the PG to make it gel

So now we have three players who need the ball in hand to be effective. I don't think it will play out well.

If Nash is coming, Lin is as good as gone.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The Craptors board on RealGm is hilarious, they care more about F*cking us over than they do about their own franchise and building a team :rofl: it's pathetic

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Crazy⑧s;239488 said:
Sorry, I didn't know where to post this, and since we have a Jason Kidd only thread I thought we'd concentrate all Nashness herein.

Hahn's twitter

Steve_Nash_Knicks.jpg

Steve Nash, meanwhile, and the Knicks are working with the Suns to complete a sign-and-trade deal that would bring Nash to New York. Indications are the Knicks are his top choice, but because a trade is complicated (and there is great hesitation to give up Iman Shumpert), the Raptors are in play. A lot of effort has been made, however, to get this done.

Conspirators Unite:

Considering that the Knicks have shown interest in Sonny Weems, the Raptors are very interested in Lin and have signed Fields to an over-exorbitant contract........

Is Grunwald in cohorts with the Raptors to avoid a sign and trade with Phoenix that'll bring us DeRozan, Weems and Nash?

That's purely speculative, but the bolded quote from Hahn suggests that there has been some rendezvousing going on here, no?

Are the Suns, on the other hand, making their play for Iman Shumpert in a 3 way trade consisting of a Nash - Lin swap from Toronto to obtain Shumpert?

Either way, it does say that Nash wants NY.

Now I'm getting anxious.

We have to get this guy. Shumpert be damned.

Crazy, you should've just put this in the thread i started a couple of days ago. This is the type of stuff tht needs to stop. Pretty soon there will be a third Nash thread and on it goes.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Update. . .
Marc Stein
‏@ESPNSteinLine

Follow

As @alanhahn notes, Knicks PREFER to chase Nash w/out Shumpert. Sources say they're trying to find third team to join proposal to avoid it

skisloper

Starter
im telling you, the Knicks have a good shot at not giving up Shumpert.

Either Nash walks to Toronto for nothing or Knicks give them pieces calm down.

Your kidding right ???
without the Suns getting Shump there is no reason to do this trade for them...
we will get Nash at the expense of Shump...
As much as I love shump, his Knee got injured twice in a season and he may not be back to form ever....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We have to get this guy. Shumpert be damned.

Crazy, you should've just put this in the thread i started a couple of days ago. This is the type of stuff tht needs to stop. Pretty soon there will be a third Nash thread and on it goes.

Well, as I said, I didn't know where to put it. Story of my life.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Knicks, Suns are in the critical stages of discussions on a sign-and-trade deal that would pay Nash $27M-$30M over 3 years, sources tell Y!

NY package would include Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and likely 3 low money players to get Nash salary needed to close gap on Toronto offer

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Knicks' dream scenario, sources say, to sign-and-trade for Nash AND re-sign Jeremy Lin if they can

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Knicks, Suns are in the critical stages of discussions on a sign-and-trade deal that would pay Nash $27M-$30M over 3 years, sources tell Y!

NY package would include Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and likely 3 low money players to get Nash salary needed to close gap on Toronto offer
As @alanhahn notes, Knicks PREFER to chase Nash w/out Shumpert. Sources say they're trying to find third team to join proposal to avoid it

PEOPLE GIVE THEM TIME TO WORK!!!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Incaratedbob
Knicks are so damn backwards, so u trade a future starting SG (All Team Defense Potential) for a PG that is old and will be a backup #Great

WELL GOODBYE SHUMPERT.

you guys have to be sick by this with me right? I know the kids hurt but it breaks my heart to see him go