Steve Nash

iSaYughh

Starter
Nash gets 3 yrs, $25M from Lakers

ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?

A great move by the Lakeshow.

Apparently, Kobe made a very strong personal sell to Nash, to have him join.

Just another franchise added to the mix of contenders that will absolutely curbstomp us for the next several years, barring miracles.

I really am not sure why so many NYK fans (on here anyhow) are still acting like we are actual contenders? Let's be as good as we can be, but there are dwindling straw men (D'antoni, coughcough) to justify why we aren't chipping it up and beasting like actual contenders.

iSaYughh

Starter
As much as I wanted Nash, we can compete without him.

Sign Jason Kidd for the Veteran's Minimum. Have Amar'e agree to blow him twice a week in the locker room if we need to. Whatever it takes, get this guy.

Next, we match whatever stupid offer Houston gives Jeremy Lin. Financially it works out cause he's going to sell a ton of jerseys if he ever plays a playoff game.

After that, we sign OJ Mayo to the MLE to be our starting shooting guard.

Lin/Kidd
Mayo/JR
Melo
Amar'e
Chandler

Book that ****.

100. Agree w/ every single move. That is the ideal.

Mayo would have really thrived playing for MDA, but whatever; he's still a really talented player, who needs the right role and coach to really unleash his game.

I think he would be retarded by Melo and clash with him (surprise surprise), but he'd still be a big upgrade for us. And we need talent, period.

If every single player came through in a "best case" type scenario, we remain totally healthy with our starting 5, and Woodson doesn't coach like a rigid iso donk and under false laurels of defense wizardry, I'd say that lineup could have a puncher's chance vs even the very best of the NBA, and be awesome to watch contend.

A great move by the Lakeshow.

Apparently, Kobe made a very strong personal sell to Nash, to have him join.

Just another franchise added to the mix of contenders that will absolutely curbstomp us for the next several years, barring miracles.

I really am not sure why so many NYK fans (on here anyhow) are still acting like we are actual contenders? Let's be as good as we can be, but there are dwindling straw men (D'antoni, coughcough) to justify why we aren't chipping it up and beasting like actual contenders.

i say the same thing and people think im high.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Thats the problem your commen is so shortsided and based on nothing but hope and then you say I'm being idiotic??? If the Knicks had made it deep into the playoffs and their offensive problems caused them to lose a series .... Then go for Nash. Right now the Knicks have no idea what they need and are trying to make a plan work that would of been great Pre-Melo trade when they had the pieces to make a Nash trade a real Contender. Instead you guys are saying trade anything to hope Nash fixes the Knicks mess? That's why the Knicks can't win good things like Divisions and Championships.

Anyhow that didn't happen so don't say 2 year window like that means anything. The Knicks are a mishmash of half a**ed retools and rebuilds right now and they are trying to add Nash to that? So that means they are contenders now?

Also don't forget no SG on the entire roster. But clearly this is a genius move give the promising rookie away to a team In A S&T when the other team other option is get nothing at all for Nash.... It's a dumb trade by an organization known for dumb trades. Call a spade a spade.

I meant that the Chris Rock comment was dumb, not you.

Anyway, f it. A real front office got the thing done for Nash.