Steve Nash

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm
This probably kicks off the Colangelo death watch in Toronto. This is a very public embarrassment for MLSE.

:rofl:

Shump seemed like the real deal this last season, but the guy automatically becomes a complete unknown with an injury as severe as an ACL tear that close to the start of the next season. If a guy who would be available in January at the earliest and might not be at full go for the entire season (or possibly ever), can get you a guy who will help you opening day, then you have to do it with a team like the Knicks.

I know the fear is that Shump is going to end up being an all-star caliber player in the future, but it ain't happening in the next calendar year because of the injury. We're the Knicks, we haven't had one of our own draft picks turn into a multiple time all-star since Patrick Ewing (unless I'm mistaken). We buy other people's stars, not grow them ourselves.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
1 minute ago
Tommy Dee
‏@TommyDeeTKB

Following

if they can keep shumpert and get nash, throw a parade
Reply Retweet Favorite

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Theres one thing I believe we can all see.

Steve Nash will most likely be a Knick.

we ARE NOT 100% CERTAIN what the cost will be however

then who the hell is going to play D... whose going to play defense in the backcourt

Nobody. We're going to be a miserable team on defense on paper at every position except center to start the season. Woodson will be asked to make it work. Nothing new in New York.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Including our potential future all-star guard in this deal is yet another example of how our FO has no idea of what "long term planning" means...

Number3

Benchwarmer
screw nash!!.. knicks always have this defect. we overpay and sign people past their prime... and kick out all the future... we will always have the same issue like this... Match Lin and sign Kidd!!! keep Shumpert!!

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Cant believe we're giving away shumpert.......Oh wait this is the New York Knicks were talking about, I can believe it...

Number3

Benchwarmer
all we need is an offseason together.. we dont need any other all star.. we just need better role players and our allstars to step it up defensively

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
steve is great, don't get me wrong but don't the knicks need backcourt defense? shump was the best ball defender on the knicks. But the knicks will entertaining if they land nash but will have virtually no defenders all positions but center.

Wargames

Starter
aren't there no teams that would get in on this deal for the cap relief? I mean dammit like others have said why even draft if all they are going to do is trade the player away as soon as possible.

Why in the hell would we give up a future star and are second best defender. For a 38 year old point gaurd who DOSENT play defense and sign jermy Lin who is decent at defense. It doesn't make sense the offense would be killer but what about that d. Then we have 4 players sign to some major money smh. For you people who is questioning shumps knee if he goes to Phoenix he will be fine they have the best medical staff. As much as I want to see Melo get a ring I don't think this is good.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
WELL GOODBYE SHUMPERT.

you guys have to be sick by this with me right? I know the kids hurt but it breaks my heart to see him go

i actually feel the same way. i see bruce bowen defensive potential in shump. he will get better offensively too. the knicks are backwards lol. if this goes through they'll make wades job vs he knicks much easier since shumpert isn't guarding him. not that is was hard already.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
signing lin and nash at the reported rates will give NYK about 82 million in salary cap in 2015. this is just insane in the membrane! Dolan better get used to paying some luxury taxes

Wargames

Starter
i actually feel the same way. i see bruce bowen defensive potential in shump. he will get better offensively too. the knicks are backwards lol. if this goes through they'll make wades job vs he knicks much easier since shumpert isn't guarding him. not that is was hard already.

damn quiggle go away man

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
You guys are going into panic mode to quick, Signing Nash is not the end of the world. We give nash a 2yr deal or whatever and look what we have coming off the books after the 2014-2015 season

Amare- Expiring Contract
Chandler- Expiring Contract
Melo- Expiring Contract
Nash- Possible Expiring Contract

Most Likely we will still have Lin to build around for the future.

Best case scenario

option 1- we'll potentially have expiring trade chips

Option 2- Let them all expire and have a ton of money coming off the books and get ready for rebuild mode around Lin

We Want to WIN NOW, this move does not really hurt us if were contending for a tittle right now. Losing shump sucks if the deal goes through thats the only downfall IMO.

LIN and Kostas Papanikolaou are our future =] lol

Last edited: