Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Nash

alan hahn ‏@alanhahn
    so many fans complained about the wait since 2008. Win-now move is now being bemoaned because of future? As gilbert said, "pick1"
    . .

Cant believe we're giving away shumpert.......Oh wait this is the New York Knicks were talking about, I can believe it...

all we need is an offseason together.. we dont need any other all star.. we just need better role players and our allstars to step it up defensively

steve is great, don't get me wrong but don't the knicks need backcourt defense? shump was the best ball defender on the knicks. But the knicks will entertaining if they land nash but will have virtually no defenders all positions but center.

aren't there no teams that would get in on this deal for the cap relief? I mean dammit like others have said why even draft if all they are going to do is trade the player away as soon as possible.

Why in the hell would we give up a future star and are second best defender. For a 38 year old point gaurd who DOSENT play defense and sign jermy Lin who is decent at defense. It doesn't make sense the offense would be killer but what about that d. Then we have 4 players sign to some major money smh. For you people who is questioning shumps knee if he goes to Phoenix he will be fine they have the best medical staff. As much as I want to see Melo get a ring I don't think this is good.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    WELL GOODBYE SHUMPERT.

you guys have to be sick by this with me right? I know the kids hurt but it breaks my heart to see him go
    i actually feel the same way. i see bruce bowen defensive potential in shump. he will get better offensively too. the knicks are backwards lol. if this goes through they'll make wades job vs he knicks much easier since shumpert isn't guarding him. not that is was hard already.

signing lin and nash at the reported rates will give NYK about 82 million in salary cap in 2015. this is just insane in the membrane! Dolan better get used to paying some luxury taxes

Originally Posted by REALHEAT
    i actually feel the same way. i see bruce bowen defensive potential in shump. he will get better offensively too. the knicks are backwards lol. if this goes through they'll make wades job vs he knicks much easier since shumpert isn't guarding him. not that is was hard already.
    damn quiggle go away man

You guys are going into panic mode to quick, Signing Nash is not the end of the world. We give nash a 2yr deal or whatever and look what we have coming off the books after the 2014-2015 season

Amare- Expiring Contract
    Chandler- Expiring Contract
    Melo- Expiring Contract
    Nash- Possible Expiring Contract

Most Likely we will still have Lin to build around for the future.

Best case scenario

option 1- we'll potentially have expiring trade chips

Option 2- Let them all expire and have a ton of money coming off the books and get ready for rebuild mode around Lin

We Want to WIN NOW, this move does not really hurt us if were contending for a tittle right now. Losing shump sucks if the deal goes through thats the only downfall IMO.

LIN and Kostas Papanikolaou are our future =] lol
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 04, 2012 at 12:55.

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
    word is this thing could get done soon. #knicks are going to choose a) find another team in order to keep out shump b)include him c)walk away

Yes Alan Hahn has stated Knicks management said they're going for it all right now.

We are in a WIN NOW situation.

Veteran

Steve Nash is an essential acquisition for this team. He is the only man left on Earth who might possibly be able to make an offense run with both Melo and Amare on the court. He is the best tutor and role model on the planet for Jeremy Lin to turn into the superstar that we will need him to be once we are forced to match the poison pill contract that is coming for him.

Our defense will be no worse on opening day, because Shump isn't playing until January at the earliest. No matter how good the rookie season, a guy with a tore ACL is never a sure bet to be a superstar. Does it suck to lose probably our best draft pick in 20 years? Yes, absolutely, but this is a good move if it gives us 2 to 3 years of a functional and sensible lineup with Chandler, Melo, Amare, Lin, and Nash. Also, imagine what Nash is going to be able to do with Novak, if we're able to resign him. Could be insane.

Uhh, this isn't baseball. Shumpert's a nice little piece and a good role player, but by no means should he get in the way of making a trade for Steve Nash, even though Nash is quite old.

Shumpert's a nice defensive player, but his offensive game is weak. His midrange jumper is inconsistent and he can't get to the basket or the line with regularity. Also lacks a great a 3-point shot.

People get way too attached to these mediocre young players.

I see where you coming from with the expired contracts but still why build around Lin and not shumpert. Man if this goes through Knicks cannot compete with Miami celtics bulls even with out d.rose I just don't see it happening DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. It will be so easy to beat us force chandler into foul trouble were done.