Steve Nash

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
word is this thing could get done soon. #knicks are going to choose a) find another team in order to keep out shump b)include him c)walk away

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Yes Alan Hahn has stated Knicks management said they're going for it all right now.

We are in a WIN NOW situation.

Steve Nash is an essential acquisition for this team. He is the only man left on Earth who might possibly be able to make an offense run with both Melo and Amare on the court. He is the best tutor and role model on the planet for Jeremy Lin to turn into the superstar that we will need him to be once we are forced to match the poison pill contract that is coming for him.

Our defense will be no worse on opening day, because Shump isn't playing until January at the earliest. No matter how good the rookie season, a guy with a tore ACL is never a sure bet to be a superstar. Does it suck to lose probably our best draft pick in 20 years? Yes, absolutely, but this is a good move if it gives us 2 to 3 years of a functional and sensible lineup with Chandler, Melo, Amare, Lin, and Nash. Also, imagine what Nash is going to be able to do with Novak, if we're able to resign him. Could be insane.

Uhh, this isn't baseball. Shumpert's a nice little piece and a good role player, but by no means should he get in the way of making a trade for Steve Nash, even though Nash is quite old.

Shumpert's a nice defensive player, but his offensive game is weak. His midrange jumper is inconsistent and he can't get to the basket or the line with regularity. Also lacks a great a 3-point shot.

People get way too attached to these mediocre young players.

I see where you coming from with the expired contracts but still why build around Lin and not shumpert. Man if this goes through Knicks cannot compete with Miami celtics bulls even with out d.rose I just don't see it happening DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. It will be so easy to beat us force chandler into foul trouble were done.

You guys are going into panic mode to quick, Signing Nash is not the end of the world. We give nash a 2yr deal or whatever and look what we have coming off the books after the 2014-2015 season

Amare- Expiring Contract
Chandler- Expiring Contract
Melo- Expiring Contract
Nash- Possible Expiring Contract

Most Likely we will still have Lin to build around for the future.

Best case scenario

option 1- we'll potentially have expiring trade chips

Option 2- Let them all expire and have a ton of money coming off the books and get ready for rebuild mode around Lin

We Want to WIN NOW, this move does not really hurt us if were contending for a tittle right now. Losing shump sucks if the deal goes through thats the only downfall IMO.

LIN and Kostas Papanikolaou is our future =] lol

Nice breakdown. It'll be 3 years of full steam ahead, let's make this work for a championship and then coast on the Chinese and Greek markets for a couple years while we sort out the franchise. :gony:

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
signing lin and nash at the reported rates will give NYK about 82 million in salary cap in 2015. this is just insane in the membrane! Dolan better get used to paying some luxury taxes

Why are you here dude? I understand youre here alot and **** but why are you here? If your an actual heat fan and have been BEFORE lebron and company, I dont see any way youd be on these boards. I hate the ****ing heat. I did before lebron and will continue on after Lebron. Id never ever ever go sit on a heat msg board and talk heat basketball with heat fans, Id be to busy puking on my Ewing jersey.

So Again why are you here? Is it to rub it in our faces a bit(subtly). Dont say because of the basketball talk. There are plenty of other boards to talk basketball on. Sites where you can go into sub forums for each team. So why? Because imma be honest, you havent been a dick or anything, but I think youre a ****ing tool.

skisloper

Starter
You guys are going into panic mode to quick, Signing Nash is not the end of the world. We give nash a 2yr deal or whatever and look what we have coming off the books after the 2014-2015 season

Amare- Expiring Contract
Chandler- Expiring Contract
Melo- Expiring Contract
Nash- Possible Expiring Contract

Most Likely we will still have Lin to build around for the future.

Best case scenario

option 1- we'll potentially have expiring trade chips

Option 2- Let them all expire and have a ton of money coming off the books and get ready for rebuild mode around Lin

We Want to WIN NOW, this move does not really hurt us if were contending for a tittle right now. Losing shump sucks if the deal goes through thats the only downfall IMO.

LIN and Kostas Papanikolaou is our future =] lol

I agree 100%.
No torn ACL I say keep shump but if he must go for Nash after his knee got hurt twice I say make the move.....
will it be LIN n Nash in the backcourt together

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
word is this thing could get done soon. #knicks are going to choose a) find another team in order to keep out shump b)include him c)walk away

Damn tommy, what insight....That really shed some light on what the knicks are gunna do :rolleyes:

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB

Damn tommy, what insight....That really shed some light on what the knicks are gunna do :rolleyes:

Well, he did eliminate the 4th possibility that the Knicks might not make the trade, but continue to stand in the room.

Paul1355

All Star
Knicks in lead to get Nash

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/04/report-knicks-in-lead-for-nash/

Knicks are in the lead to get Steve Nash!

Reports are that the Knicks do not want to do a sign and trade with Shumpert, but they will if they have to.....Marc Stein: Yet as one source familiar w/NYK thinking told ESPN: "They don't want to trade (Shumpert), but they will if they have to. They want Nash." Twitter

From NBA.com's Sekou SMith...

"If the New York Knicks get their way, that?s exactly what?s going to happen in training camp.
The Knicks have moved into the lead to land Nash, per Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, using a sign-and-trade deal with the Suns to make it happen:
Nash and the Knicks are in the critical stages of discussions on a three-year deal worth between $27 million-$30 million to be executed through a sign-and-trade deal with the Suns. The Knicks would send rookie guard Iman Shumpert and multiple players ? including Toney Douglas ? to Phoenix for Nash, sources said.
Nash, a two-time MVP, has been enthusiastic about joining the Knicks? core of Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler and Amar?e Stoudemire.
? The Knicks also intend to match any offer restricted free-agent point guard Jeremy Lin receives."

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Ive got my phone in its holster waiting for confirmation of the deal.
I'll update with any little piece of anything lmao

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
My thread has a legit source with details on the exact deal lol...the news from Yahoo sports confirms it instead of it just being a little rumors like everything else....this most def will happen

Yea but your thread is a post in the nash topic. That exact report was posted in there alrdy

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if we part with shumpert its isiah 101. trade potential allstar with lights out perimeter defense for a 38 year old PG, perfect. and as great as nash still is ( he's pretty damn good ) he's 38! i cant overlook that. i want him here but not if it means parting with shumpert. i heard the knicks are looking for a 3rd team to help facilitate the trade and give phoenix a more enticing offer. if we get nash manage to keep shumpert and add camby, im telling you we have a finals ready squad.