Steve Nash

Wargames

Starter
Such emotion, damn. Honestly I totally agree, I've came to this conclusion no to long ago. Nash accomplish anything more than getting Kidd, and Kidd is less money. Lin need to learn ball movement and both Nash and Kidd can be good mentors. Kidd is who the Knicks should get.

I know I shouldn't care this much but dammit how many times does this team do the same stupid sh*t and then tell us Fans well in so many years it will work itself out.

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock

Dear Knicks please don't trade shumpert does anybody Remeber Trevor ariza for Stevie Francis.

Right there says it all, no its not about the type of player Nash is compared to Steve Francis. Its just the realities of their ages and how the Knicks organization made a big deal of how Francis was going to play alongside Marbury who they had pegged as being this great player.

That's what the knicks are proposing when they want to go full force for Nash and swear up and down they are willing to pay whatever for Lin. Guys like Ariza would of been great to have on the knicks and could be used to get good players in their prime. Steve Francis came here to end his career and get paid.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Iman Shumpert is the core to our defensive unit, he has more worth then Amar'e Stoudemire in my eyes. Knicks Brass would be foolish to let Shump go!

STAT1

Starter
They should be trying to work out a sign & trade with the Raptors involving Lin instead of giving up Shumpert to get Nash IMO.

Toronto is obviously high on Nash but they're also high on Jeremy Lin, & they just invested a ton of money on Lin's BFF Landry so I can't imagine they'd be opposed to giving up some of their assets along with Jose Calderon to the Suns to get Lin to Toronto.

I would much rather try & swing a trade like this over giving up Shumpert to obtain Nash:

Knicks sign & trade Jeremy Lin & Landry Fields
Knicks get Steve Nash & Sonny Weems

Toronto trades Jose Calderon, Sonny Weems & a 1st round pick
Toronto gets Jeremy Lin & Landry Fields

Phoenix signs & trades Steve Nash
Phoenix gets Jose Calderon & TOR's 1st rd pick

- After that sign J Kidd to a vet min contract, resign Novak & JR Smith using their Bird Rights & go after Marcus Camby with the MMLE

C - Chandler / Camby
PF - Amare / Harrellson
SF - Melo / Novak
SG - JR / Weems / White (Shump when he gets back)
PG - Nash / Kidd / Douglas

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i'll just keep the Nash talk into a single thread, the link to the yahoo source was already posted in the original topic

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I know I shouldn't care this much but dammit how many times does this team do the same stupid sh*t and then tell us Fans well in so many years it will work itself out.

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock

Dear Knicks please don't trade shumpert does anybody Remeber Trevor ariza for Stevie Francis.

Right there says it all, no its not about the type of player Nash is compared to Steve Francis. Its just the realities of their ages and how the Knicks organization made a big deal of how Francis was going to play alongside Marbury who they had pegged as being this great player.

That's what the knicks are proposing when they want to go full force for Nash and swear up and down they are willing to pay whatever for Lin. Guys like Ariza would of been great to have on the knicks and could be used to get good players in their prime. Steve Francis came here to end his career and get paid.

Such painful memories. Ariza would look great in a Knicks uniform now. Some of the moves NYK made over the past decade were the worst trades that a franchise could make and yet Dolan kept repeating the same mistakes.

I can see the win-now mentality but getting Nash is not going to be the answer. I hope I am wrong on this one.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
As much as I hate getting rid of shumpert, all of you are puzzling. Now we got people comparing this trade to ariza for francis. WOW. Fans are puzzling. Yes it may come back to haunt us in the future, but the lin deal is already going to **** up our future. We have Melo, Chandler, and Stat NOW...No matter how the fans feel about these guys after last season, its still a roster built with the mentality to "WIN NOW". And to "WIN NOW" we need a floor general. Thats what Nash is. Lin can be great, but hes not a floor general yet. Hes a good pg with potential to develop into a great one. Shumpert showed great ability on Defense. He has potential to become one of the best peremiter defenders in the NBA. Hes also coming off two knee injuries in the same year, one of them being potentially career altering. And as much as I like the kid, hes not going to be the reason we win or dont win in the next 3 years. Since we have a roster thats built to "WIN NOW"( though most diagree) Nash is the direction they need to go.

Again Im sick with getting rid of shump, but some people need to calm the F down. Im tired of waiting for the future. Building towards something that may or matnot happen. Im not ready to build around lin and shumpert. Not because of a good rookie season and a lights out stretch of games. Were stuck with melo, stat and chandler. I want to win, or at least feel like we can win going into a season, and even though hes old Nash definetely gives me more excitment and a better feeling for next season.

None of us are promised tommorow. We can plan ahead all we want but nothing is gauranteed. And as someone said earlier, this isnt baseball.

Wargames

Starter
None of us are promised tommorow. We can plan ahead all we want but nothing is gauranteed. And as someone said earlier, this isnt baseball.

so that's the retort we don't know if they're be a tomorrow so go all in now.... that is the same sh*t the knicks have been saying every time they make stupid move especially these last few years as they head to a 1 and done in the playoffs. Aren't you tired as a fan of being told "well we'll make this stupid move now and hey then the knicks will win it all". Come on this is the 3rd Old PG on this team in 3 years the other 2 broke down entering the playoffs. The knicks lucked up into Lin and yeah... He broke down too. But hey doubling down on Nash and Lin thats the Offseason plan after the fiasco in the 1st round this year.

I mean if the Knicks had a 33-35 Nash the retort could be win now. Now its Win now or Else because even if you lose your going to be a lottery time for twice the time period of everybody else, because its going to take twice the time to regain assets.

Also the knicks haven't built towards there future since like forever. Its always the "now, now, now" mentality that screws them.

Last edited:

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
As much as I hate getting rid of shumpert, all of you are puzzling. Now we got people comparing this trade to ariza for francis. WOW. Fans are puzzling. Yes it may come back to haunt us in the future, but the lin deal is already going to **** up our future. We have Melo, Chandler, and Stat NOW...No matter how the fans feel about these guys after last season, its still a roster built with the mentality to "WIN NOW". And to "WIN NOW" we need a floor general. Thats what Nash is. Lin can be great, but hes not a floor general yet. Hes a good pg with potential to develop into a great one. Shumpert showed great ability on Defense. He has potential to become one of the best peremiter defenders in the NBA. Hes also coming off two knee injuries in the same year, one of them being potentially career altering. And as much as I like the kid, hes not going to be the reason we win or dont win in the next 3 years. Since we have a roster thats built to "WIN NOW"( though most diagree) Nash is the direction they need to go.

Again Im sick with getting rid of shump, but some people need to calm the F down. Im tired of waiting for the future. Building towards something that may or matnot happen. Im not ready to build around lin and shumpert. Not because of a good rookie season and a lights out stretch of games. Were stuck with melo, stat and chandler. I want to win, or at least feel like we can win going into a season, and even though hes old Nash definetely gives me more excitment and a better feeling for next season.

Your saying Nash would make the Knicks a championship team?

If you are, I'm sorry to say your wrong. Nash won't work in Woodson's system, he doesn't play the best defense, and is old. Iman is a must keep, and Lin is the better gamble. Nash is worth too much, Kidd should be the target.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
so that's the retort we don't know if they're be a tomorrow so go all in now.... that is the same sh*t the knicks have been saying every time they make stupid move especially these last few years as they head to a 1 and done in the playoffs. Aren't you tired as a fan of being told "well we'll make this stupid move now and hey then the knicks will win it all". Come on this is the 3rd Old PG on this team in 3 years the other 2 broke down entering the playoffs. if the Knics had a 33-35 Nash the retort could be win now.

Now its Win now or Else because even if you lose your going to be a lottery time for twice the time period of everybody else, because its going to take twice the time to regain assets.

No im tired of tanking seasons on purpose. Im tired of lets wait and build around this guy and this guy. Theres some here who still think we would have been closer to a championship with gallo and chandler. Im saying were all in already, and when we match lins offer in 3 years were GOING TO BE FINANICALLY SCREWED. Do you not understand this? Do you think the luxury tax threshold is magically going to change to accomadate the knicks building this GRAND TEAM around lin and shumpert that you think is going to give us a better chance to win in stead of a team of nash, melo, chandler, and stat? GET ****ING REAL DUDE. Yes its probably all in vain, but again ITS THE POSISTION WERE IN RIGHT NOW. AND RIGHT NOW Nash gives us a better chance to win then shumpert coming off major knee surgery. So please, stop it already. Were all pissed shumpert is probably going to be traded, but lets not compare it to the ariza francis trade. The two have nothing in common. The mentality was different, and the players were different, and I find it real real funny most of the fans tlaking **** talking about going and following brooklyn. GO ahead. You think trading shumperts gunna **** up our future??? HAHAHAHAHA wait til brooklyn starts feeling the full effects of the wallace and johnson deals.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
LOL, all the major NY media are lobbying hard to seal this deal, right now I'm listening to ESPN NY and all what they're saying is basically "we don't give a damn about what happens three years from now, trade for Nash [and make a big story out of it!]". Again, if I was Shump I'd start hating this city, from a future Knicks star to an useless injured rookie not worth enough to consider keeping him.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
The Knicks would still be giving up a lot of money and years for an old Steve Nash. The Pheonix Suns have the best training staff, without them who's to say Steve Nash doesn't gets injured. If he does it would be hard to replace him. Steve Nash is not the best fit to the Knicks to begin with.

Jason Kidd could play better defense, better rebounder, play the two, cheaper, and could also mentor Lin. Jason Kidd fits better in Mike Woodson's system.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Your saying Nash would make the Knicks a championship team?

If you are, I'm sorry to say your wrong. Nash won't work in Woodson's system, he doesn't play the best defense, and is old. Iman is a must keep, and Lin is the better gamble. Nash is worth too much, Kidd should be the target.

Did you8 not read? Did any of you not read. WERE STUCK WITH MELO STAT AND CHANDLER. STUCK. THEYRE HERE. NOT GOING ANYWHERE. YOU TELL ME. FROM A FO POINT OF VIEW. WHAT TYPE OF ROSTER IS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?! WIN NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

NOW, YOUR A GM. YOU HAVE MELO, STAT AND CHANDLER. YOU HAVE A YOUNG KID, IN SHUMPERT, WHO HAS SHOWN A TON OF POTENTIAL. HES COMING OF RECONSTRUCTIVE KNEE SURGERY. NOW YOU HAVE NASH. AN ALL STAR POINT GAURD WHO HAS A FEW GOOD YEARS LEFT IN THE TANK. HE HAS DONE IT ALL, EXCEPT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. HE DECIDES HE WANTS TO COME TO YOUR TEAM, TRY TO MAKE THE MIS PLACED PUZZLE PIECES FIT THAT YOU HAVE ACQUIRED. HES A KNOWN FLOOOR GENERAL WHO NWILL HOLD THE GUYS AROUND HIM ACCOUTABLE FOR WHERE THEY ARE ON THE COURT.

AGAIN YOU HAVE A TEAM BUILT WITH 3 MAX-LIKE CONTRACTS. 3 SUPERSTARS WHO CANT MESH. A TEAM WHO DOESNT HAVE A SOLID PG, BESIDES THE ONE THERE ABOUT TO MORTGAGE WHATEVER TINY BIT OF FUTURE FINACIAL FLEXABILITY MATCHING A POISON PILL DEAL, A TEAM WITH WHO STARS WHO DONT OFFENSIVELY CO EXIST, AND YOU PLAY IN THE BIGGEST MEDIA MARKET IN THE BUISNESS.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? THE WIN NOW AWNSER IS NASH. THE WIN IN THE FUTURE, DOESNT EXIST FOR AT LEAST 5 YEARS.

SOoooooo to answer youre question do I think the knicks will win now without Nash? Nope. Do I think theyll win now with Nash? NOPE. Do I think theyll win in the future building around lin and shumpert. NOPE.

Were ****ed no matter what. We were ****ed from the moment we signed stat to try to convince lebron(lmfao XD), we were ****ed from the moment we traded for melo. Might as well try to enjoy it. And I think the season will be more enjoyable with Nash and im not going to sit here like its the death of the franchise because were trading shumpert. This franchise has been dead LOOOOOOOOOONG before that.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Nash can't play with Melo. Melo is a ball stopper. He doesn't like to play the pick n roll which is a Suns trademark.

Lin will be our starting shooting guard? How does that make any sense to anyone?

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Why don't the Knicks just sign Iverson? If we already going for someone pushing 40?

I don't think Nash gives us that much more than Iverson would. And there is already some chemistry with Melo and Iverson. This is more important than Nash and Amare chemistry too.

skisloper

Starter
Nash can't play with Melo. Melo is a ball stopper. He doesn't like to play the pick n roll which is a Suns trademark.

Lin will be our starting shooting guard? How does that make any sense to anyone?

The answer to your question is it does not make sense...
but with Melo being a ball stopper then nothing makes sense......
If Melo does not change his game then the Knicks will go no where....
One has to assume with a starting 5 of
Nash
Lin
Melo
Stat
Chandler

that between Nash and Lin they will figure a way to make it work.....
This is a line-up Dantonio would have wet his pants for

right now Knicks not trading Melo, Stat or chandler so our options are limited....

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
HAHAHA This thread is becoming sooooooooooooooooooooo funnny....Im done...You all have fun in your dream world where shumpert leads us to a title. LMFAO Homers everywhere on here. Is football here yet? At elast football fans have brains.