Steve Nash

Wargames

Starter
No im tired of tanking seasons on purpose. Im tired of lets wait and build around this guy and this guy. Theres some here who still think we would have been closer to a championship with gallo and chandler. Im saying were all in already, and when we match lins offer in 3 years were GOING TO BE FINANICALLY SCREWED. Do you not understand this? Do you think the luxury tax threshold is magically going to change to accomadate the knicks building this GRAND TEAM around lin and shumpert that you think is going to give us a better chance to win in stead of a team of nash, melo, chandler, and stat? GET ****ING REAL DUDE. Yes its probably all in vain, but again ITS THE POSISTION WERE IN RIGHT NOW. AND RIGHT NOW Nash gives us a better chance to win then shumpert coming off major knee surgery. So please, stop it already. Were all pissed shumpert is probably going to be traded, but lets not compare it to the ariza francis trade. The two have nothing in common. The mentality was different, and the players were different, and I find it real real funny most of the fans tlaking **** talking about going and following brooklyn. GO ahead. You think trading shumperts gunna **** up our future??? HAHAHAHAHA wait til brooklyn starts feeling the full effects of the wallace and johnson deals.

No man I know the knicks are screwed, they been screwed cause they never tried to tank it instead they go and make dumb deals like this one and tell us Fans "Ta-Da now were a contender". All this is is the knicks getting themselves even more stuck. A friend of mines has been referring to the Knicks as the NEOHAWKS a team stuck as a second round playoff team.

The knicks also never build around anyone EVER! They had a team made and ready to go for Amare and traded it all for Melo, Now they have a SG who fits well with Lin (IE he can defend PG's and cover Lins Defensive flaws) and then they trade him for a PG who is about to retire and suffers from an even worse defensive inability.

The LAST time the knicks tanked it was because they had screwed their roster up by making deals like this and giving away all their players who were worth a damn to begin with. . Then they started looking for quick fixes and went from one rape trade to another rape trade. And no I'm not going to change my Fandom I want to be here to remid people how much of a sh*t on stick trade this is when it explodes.

I mean Toronto wants Nash for star power. They arent even talking about going to the playoffs with Nash but here goes the NY Media and the fans who read more articles than watch games with this "Nash is the missing piece" funny I thought it was the lack of a training camp 6 days ago.

and please stop with that accountable bull****. Melo tanked cause he wanted D'antoni gone and then started playing harder once D'antoni was gone. Woodson aint telling Melo Sh*t, Amare tweeted last week what he felt about working harder to that fan. Dolan is a star phucker to his core. He would never hire a coach who would challenge a star and possibly sit them due to them not playing well. So Nash is going to do it??? Please he is going to pass the ball and that is it, there is no reason for him to challege Melo he just needs to move the ball, If Melo blackholes it fine whatever Nash passed it to him and did his job.

Last edited:

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
I mean Toronto wants Nash for star power. They arent even talking about going to the playoffs with Nash bu here goes the NY Media and the fans who read more articles than watch games with this "Nash is the missing piece" funny I thought it was the lack of a training camp 6 days ago.

Just like 6 days ago everyone on here clamoured for Nash. It comes down to this what im trying to say is everyone needs to stop with the sky is falling act. The skys been falling LONG BEFORE we ever brought up this notion of trading shumpert(which by the way im sure if the knicks werent trying to keep him shumpert this deal would have gone down already) and stop acting like shumpert was the reason we had a chance next year. Who knows what shumps gunna be when he gets back. I LVOE THE KID. I think hes straight BEAST. But im not gunna kid myself that because were trading him were not gunna win a championship now. We werent winning one to begin with.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Did you8 not read? Did any of you not read. WERE STUCK WITH MELO STAT AND CHANDLER. STUCK. THEYRE HERE. NOT GOING ANYWHERE. YOU TELL ME. FROM A FO POINT OF VIEW. WHAT TYPE OF ROSTER IS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?! WIN NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

NOW, YOUR A GM. YOU HAVE MELO, STAT AND CHANDLER. YOU HAVE A YOUNG KID, IN SHUMPERT, WHO HAS SHOWN A TON OF POTENTIAL. HES COMING OF RECONSTRUCTIVE KNEE SURGERY. NOW YOU HAVE NASH. AN ALL STAR POINT GAURD WHO HAS A FEW GOOD YEARS LEFT IN THE TANK. HE HAS DONE IT ALL, EXCEPT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. HE DECIDES HE WANTS TO COME TO YOUR TEAM, TRY TO MAKE THE MIS PLACED PUZZLE PIECES FIT THAT YOU HAVE ACQUIRED. HES A KNOWN FLOOOR GENERAL WHO NWILL HOLD THE GUYS AROUND HIM ACCOUTABLE FOR WHERE THEY ARE ON THE COURT.

AGAIN YOU HAVE A TEAM BUILT WITH 3 MAX-LIKE CONTRACTS. 3 SUPERSTARS WHO CANT MESH. A TEAM WHO DOESNT HAVE A SOLID PG, BESIDES THE ONE THERE ABOUT TO MORTGAGE WHATEVER TINY BIT OF FUTURE FINACIAL FLEXABILITY MATCHING A POISON PILL DEAL, A TEAM WITH WHO STARS WHO DONT OFFENSIVELY CO EXIST, AND YOU PLAY IN THE BIGGEST MEDIA MARKET IN THE BUISNESS.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? THE WIN NOW AWNSER IS NASH. THE WIN IN THE FUTURE, DOESNT EXIST FOR AT LEAST 5 YEARS.

SOoooooo to answer youre question do I think the knicks will win now without Nash? Nope. Do I think theyll win now with Nash? NOPE. Do I think theyll win in the future building around lin and shumpert. NOPE.

Were ****ed no matter what. We were ****ed from the moment we signed stat to try to convince lebron(lmfao XD), we were ****ed from the moment we traded for melo. Might as well try to enjoy it. And I think the season will be more enjoyable with Nash and im not going to sit here like its the death of the franchise because were trading shumpert. This franchise has been dead LOOOOOOOOOONG before that.

That is a great positive look at it. If the Knicks are ****ed either way why kill there chances even more. My point is I don't see Nash being a better fit than Kidd. With Kidd the Knicks keep Iman and have quality HOF guard in Kidd. The Knick are able to clear cap space signing others and keeping the players they have instead of trading. The Knicks need a win win opportunity. I see what you are saying but it has no logic, it just you focusing on the negatives.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
HAHAHA This thread is becoming sooooooooooooooooooooo funnny....Im done...You all have fun in your dream world where shumpert leads us to a title. LMFAO Homers everywhere on here. Is football here yet? At elast football fans have brains.

Your annoiting Nash as the savior is just as annoyingly funny.

Wargames

Starter
Just like 6 days ago everyone on here clamoured for Nash. It comes down to this what im trying to say is everyone needs to stop with the sky is falling act. The skys been falling LONG BEFORE we ever brought up this notion of trading shumpert(which by the way im sure if the knicks werent trying to keep him shumpert this deal would have gone down already) and stop acting like shumpert was the reason we had a chance next year. Who knows what shumps gunna be when he gets back. I LVOE THE KID. I think hes straight BEAST. But im not gunna kid myself that because were trading him were not gunna win a championship now. We werent winning one to begin with.

6 Days ago it was Landry Fields who was looking mediocre at best for Nash. Now Toronto c*ck block means the knicks will have no SG at all while going for Nash.

Anyhow brah I've been on a Ray felton/OJ Mayo tear since FA started they could be fit and cheap. Also Trevor Ariza was the same deal man he played the D needed to cover for Kobe. On a team that has so few Defensive minded players why trade for more Offense? The Knicks lucked up into Lin and are acting like D'antoni is still here. Look we can disagree but no way is trading Shump for Nash a good move.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
That is a great positive look at it. If the Knicks are ****ed either way why kill there chances even more. My point is I don't see Nash being a better fit than Kidd. With Kidd the Knicks keep Iman and have quality HOF guard in Kidd. The Knick are able to clear cap space signing others and keeping the players they have instead of trading. The Knicks need a win win opportunity. I see what you are saying but it has no logic, it just you focusing on the negatives.

No Im saying that when you built the roster that the Knicks did, I understand why theyre doing what theyre doing. In their mind they are in WIN NOW mode. That usually somes when you have THE CONTRACTS WE HAVE. Im saying that you are all taking it wayyyyyyyy tooooo homeristic.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer

What are you talking about? I haven't put a comment on in a while. I'm a realist and the people who post knows how bad of shape the Knicks are in. Being a fan means you hope for the best, Nash will hurt the Knicks. I like Nash but I was never for getting him. The Knicks are in a hole, but try to make the right move for once. Knicks aren't a championship teams, too many teams are better. Knicks fans want to see improvement and want to better the Knicks chances. I don't think any of us believe the Knicks are better than the Thunders or Heat.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
6 Days ago it was Landry Fields who was looking mediocre at best for Nash. Now Toronto c*ck block means the knicks will have no SG at all while going for Nash.

Anyhow brah I've been on a Ray felton/OJ Mayo tear since FA started they could be fit and cheap. Also Trevor Ariza was the same deal man he played the D needed to cover for Kobe. On a team that has so few Defensive minded players why trade for more Offense? The Knicks lucked up into Lin and are acting like D'antoni is still here. Look we can disagree but no way is trading Shump for

The ariza trades different because we didnt have 3 max contract players. It wasnt for a guy to come in and help our max guys gel, it was for well tbh I dont know what the **** isiah was thinking. I can at least see the thinking this time around.

Wargames

Starter
The ariza trades different because we didnt have 3 max contract players. It wasnt for a guy to come in and help our max guys gel, it was for well tbh I dont know what the **** isiah was thinking. I can at least see the thinking this time around.

man ... *sigh whatever man I am going to just fall back and see debating this possibly bad trade (do the knicks do any other kind?) is pointless maybe your right maybe the deal hasn't been announced since they knicks are looking around for someone to help out.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Im getting the feeling that we're gonna lose key players all just for Nash (starting with Fields, now looking like Shump as well) , and in the end we won't even get him or his age will catch up with him and its gonne be a huge let down.

then again I have some faith in Grunwald.. hopefully he'll pull a Chandler and assures Shump stays and Nash joins.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
HAHAHAHAHA yea I think hes a savior. Youre a moron who didnt read anything I posted except the one post that was 2 sentences. Way to prove your smarts.

I thought you're done. Why bother coming back to the discussion if you think anyone against a Nash trade is insane?

It's one thing to advocate your own view on the trade but dismissing other's opinions as unworthy doesn't solidify your position. Nash is a costly gamble and you have said nothing that would prove it false.

Lastly, resorting to personal attacks is always the best way to show your smarts.

Im getting the feeling that we're gonna lose key players all just for Nash (starting with Fields, now looking like Shump as well) , and in the end we won't even get him or his age will catch up with him and its gonne be a huge let down.

then again I have some faith in Grunwald.. hopefully he'll pull a Chandler and assures Shump stays and Nash joins.
Fields was key to our failure in the post season.. Dude was worthless since the second half of his rookie season.. The only real value we lose here is Shump..

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
I thought you're done. Why bother coming back to the discussion if you think anyone against a Nash trade is insane?

It's one thing to advocate your own view on the trade but dismissing other's opinions as unworthy doesn't solidify your position. Nash is a costly gamble and you have said nothing that would prove it false.

Lastly, resorting to personal attacks is always the best way to show your smarts.

HAHAHA you still think Im all about Nash. I understand everyones sentiment. I too dont want to give up shumpert. I think its dumb to give up on our best peremiter defender. Th only thing I think is insane, is that people are acting like shumperts the next coming. Knicks fans do it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE TIMEEEEEEEEEEE with young talent. What got me irked initally was people comparing this trade to ariza-francis, which again, youd know if you read my posts actually. This trade isnt even compareable. ITS TWO TOTTTALLY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS. In the knicks mind(grunwald dolan) we have a roster that they believe, obviously(to them), is a veteran PG away from being on the same level as Miami(which any knick fan knows is ludacris) so theyre *thinking* which is a key word because no trade has been made yet, that theyre gunna get a vetran proven former mvp PG that in their belief will make this team gel, at the cost POTENTIALLY, of a young stud whos coming off a season of knee injuries(his knees had problems all year) and ended with an acl injury. Who may or may not develop into a top notch defender and all around player. I UNDERSTAND THE MENTALITY. I UNDERSTAND it. I dont neccessarily agree but I dont disagree with it. I HATE SEEING Shump go(if he does). Its a typical Knicks move, but again its a move I can at least UNDERSTAND what the mentality is behind it. It has nothing to do with developing Lin. If it did the theres no reason we wouldnt just sign kidd. Its about getting our pieces to gel, because anyone can see they havent yet. Maybe im giving grunwald a lil more credit here. Maybe it is Dolan just looking it as ITS STAR MUST GET HIM AT ANY COST, but I honestly believe its being done under the best intentions of trying to get our guys on the same page and them thinking Nash has the reputation and leadership on the court to do just that.

AGAIN Im not saying im for trading Shumpert. Ive stated in earlier pages on here how much im against losing this kid. BUT I understand why its being done and I also dont think Shumpert was going to make or break us over the next two seasons.

Last edited:

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
I think you guys are forgetting that we're not only giving up Shumpert to get Nash. We're most likely giving up both Shumpert and Lin to get Nash. Lin will probably take his services elsewhere, since teams are gonna offer him a hefty $ and he can play as a starting role there. With Nash here, I think he knows he has a slim chance of starting.

Would I have given up just Shumpert to get Nash? No, Nash is 38, he only has a few more years. Let's pretend Shumpert doesn't blossom into a great player we expect him to. Nash is still gone is 2 or 3 years. Then the Knicks just lost a top-class defender.

Seeing as how I would not give up Shumpert to get Nash, I would hell not give up both Shumpert and Lin to get Nash.

This is extremely short-sighted decision-making....we gotta plan for the long-term.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
3 team deal with the sixers trading shump to the suns and stat to sixers and in return we get iggy brand and nash. Imagine if that happenedd

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
I think you guys are forgetting that we're not only giving up Shumpert to get Nash. We're most likely giving up both Shumpert and Lin to get Nash. Lin will probably take his services elsewhere, since teams are gonna offer him a hefty $ and he can play as a starting role there. With Nash here, I think he knows he has a slim chance of starting.

Would I have given up just Shumpert to get Nash? No, Nash is 38, he only has a few more years. Let's pretend Shumpert doesn't blossom into a great player we expect him to. Nash is still gone is 2 or 3 years. Then the Knicks just lost a top-class defender.

Seeing as how I would not give up Shumpert to get Nash, I would hell not give up both Shumpert and Lin to get Nash.

This is extremely short-sighted decision-making....we gotta plan for the long-term.

Lin is a RESTRICTED free agent. We can match any offer. Its not his decision its ours.

Secondly matching Lins offer is an extremely short-sided finacially made decision. Depending on the offer sheet he signs, which is almost gauranteed to be a poison-pill contract, then the luxury tax implications will be franchise devastating in 3 years.

This is the reality people! Were ****ed if we do. ****ed if we dont. Every scenario ive seen, we get ****ed. Bottomline.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I know I shouldn't care this much but dammit how many times does this team do the same stupid sh*t and then tell us Fans well in so many years it will work itself out.

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock

Dear Knicks please don't trade shumpert does anybody Remeber Trevor ariza for Stevie Francis.

Right there says it all, no its not about the type of player Nash is compared to Steve Francis. Its just the realities of their ages and how the Knicks organization made a big deal of how Francis was going to play alongside Marbury who they had pegged as being this great player.

That's what the knicks are proposing when they want to go full force for Nash and swear up and down they are willing to pay whatever for Lin. Guys like Ariza would of been great to have on the knicks and could be used to get good players in their prime. Steve Francis came here to end his career and get paid.

I love Chris Rock, but he doesn't understand talent. It totally IS about Steve Nash NOT being Steve Francis. One is an elite, HOF floor general who can realistically push 2- 3 more really gd years out of himself. The other is just a gd scoring guard who was seriously on the downside. Nash will make a huge impact. That comment was idiotic. You do this deal.

I'll take Nash and a 2 yr championship window spank you very much.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
HAHAHA you still think I want Nash. I understand everyones sentiment. I too dont want to give up shumpert. I think its dumb to give up on our best peremiter defender. Th only thing I think is insane, is that people are acting like shumperts the next coming. Knicks fans do it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE TIMEEEEEEEEEEE with young talent. What got me irked initally was people comparing this trade to ariza-francis, which again, youd know if you read my posts actually. This trade isnt even compareable. ITS TWO TOTTTALLY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS. In the knicks mind(grunwald dolan) we have a roster that they believe, obviously(to them), is a veteran PG away from being on the same level as Miami(which any knick fan knows is ludacris) so theyre *thinking* which is a key word because no trade has been made yet, that theyre gunna get a vetran proven former mvp PG that in their belief will make this team gel, at the cost POTENTIALLY, of a young stud whos coming off a season of knee injuries(his knees had problems all year) and ended with an acl injury. Who may or may not develop into a top notch defender and all around player. I UNDERSTAND THE MENTALITY. I UNDERSTAND it. I dont neccessarily agree but I dont disagree with it. I HATE SEEING Shump go(if he does). Its a typical Knicks move, but again its a move I can at least UNDERSTAND what the mentality is behind it. It has nothing to do with developing Lin. If it did the theres no reason we wouldnt just sign kidd. Its about getting our pieces to gel, because anyone can see they havent yet. Maybe im giving grunwald a lil more credit here. Maybe it is Dolan just looking it as ITS STAR MUST GET HIM AT ANY COST, but I honestly believe its being done under the best intentions of trying to get our guys on the same page and them thinking Nash has the reputation and leadership on the court to do just that.

AGAIN Im not saying im for trading Shumpert. Ive stated in earlier pages on here how much im against losing this kid. BUT I understand why its being done and I also dont think Shumpert was going to make or break us over the next two seasons.

I don't think Shump is the future face of NYK either.

I am against acquiring Nash because of his age and projected financial burden. I am against acquiring Nash because he is not the missing piece that will propel us past Miami. I disagree with the pro-Nash trade posters that Nash will all of a sudden transform our dysfunctional offense into the Dream Team.

And I am against acquiring Nash because supposedly he and he only will resurrect STAT's morbid career.