Nash to LA

Paul1355

All Star
DAMN I really wanted Nash

He would have been perfect in NY

Anyway, it might be better since we can keep Shumpert and focus more on resigning Lin and then getting a backup like Kidd or Prigioni

Then use mid level on Camby

Now I def think Howard will be a Laker

STAT1

Starter
Hopefully we can now get J Kidd & either Ray Allen or Marcus Camby to NY like we should have been targetting all along.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Anyway, it might be better since we can keep Shumpert and focus more on resigning Lin and then getting a backup like Kidd or Prigioni

Yeah, good points.

That being said if the Lakers can pull it off...Nash, Kobe, some random SF, Pau, and Dwight would be a killer squad.

Paul1355

All Star
Yeah, good points.

That being said if the Lakers can pull it off...Nash, Kobe, some random SF, Pau, and Dwight would be a killer squad.

This was def a way to convince Dwight to come to LA.

I guess future draft picks is better than a potential stud in Shumpert. Still shocked by this news.

Wargames

Starter
I hope the Raptors enjoy that Poison pill Landry Contract. And Felton for the mini MLE and OJ Mayo for the Sign and Trade the Grizzlies need the cap relief.

FrazierVocab

Benchwarmer

Good point I actually didn't even think of that being a possibility...Im interested in seeing what happens with Lin because of that backloaded contract they offered. If we don't or can't match it maybe we could try and get Lowry.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

I guess future draft picks is better than a potential stud in Shumpert. Still shocked by this news.

Yeah it seems as if it was probably Nash's choice at the very end. Hopefully someone eggs his apartment in Chelsea, lol.

Especially considering that the Lakers' first-rounders aren't going to be any good.

And the Raptors must feel like morons. They're literally paying Landry Fields 20 million dollars over the next 3 years just so to make a run at Steve Nash. Now that they don't have Nash...as I understand it, if the Knicks don't match, Toronto has no choice but to sign Fields...LOL.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I wanna see Colangelo's face RIGHT ****KING NOW.
We keep ShumpShump and we're HAPPY.
PHX get their picks and they're HAPPY.
LAL get Nash and they're HAPPY.
Nash gets his dough and he's HAPPY.
TORONTO ****KING RAPTORS GET NOTHING BUT A MASSIVELY OVERPAID BACKLOADED CONTRACT OF $19M THEY OFFERED FIELDS AND THEY'RE ****KING SCREWED!

GOD IS GOOD. :smokin:

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer

We still don't know the details. Sounds to me the Knicks refused to give up Shumpert making the Suns pursue another avenue.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I wanna see Colangelo's face RIGHT ****KING NOW.
We keep ShumpShump and we're HAPPY.
PHX get their picks and they're HAPPY.
LAL get Nash and they're HAPPY.
Nash gets his dough and he's HAPPY.
TORONTO ****KING RAPTORS GET NOTHING BUT A MASSIVELY OVERPAID BACKLOADED CONTRACT OF $19M THEY OFFERED FIELDS AND THEY'RE ****KING SCREWED!

GOD IS GOOD. :smokin:
they can take back the contract now.

Alan Hahn has confirmed that

STAT1

Starter
We still don't know the details. Sounds to me the Knicks refused to give up Shumpert making the Suns pursue another avenue.

Agreed, that's exactly what it sounds like. Good to know Grunwald held his ground heree. As much as Nash would have been great, if we lost Shump in the process it would have been counter productive.

they can take back the contract now.

Alan Hahn has confirmed that

They can take back the contract, but that would be a death sentence to them as a franchise to do so. No one will ever want to talk a deal with them again unless they absolutely have no choice.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Ill say though, the only thing that scares me about lin/kidd is if Lin goes down for a significant period of time. I really dont like kidd/douglas all that much more then I liked Bibby/Douglas....I hope we get some depth and I really hope Lin stays healthy

Paul1355

All Star
Yeah it seems as if it was probably Nash's choice at the very end. Hopefully someone eggs his apartment in Chelsea, lol.

Especially considering that the Lakers' first-rounders aren't going to be any good.

And the Raptors must feel like morons. They're literally paying Landry Fields 20 million dollars over the next 3 years just so to make a run at Steve Nash. Now that they don't have Nash...as I understand it, if the Knicks don't match, Toronto has no choice but to sign Fields...LOL.

Reports were that Nash wanted to stay close to his kids who live in Phoenix so that was probably the main factor.

He said it would be wierd for him to wear a Lakers jersey after playing them so much in the playoffs as rivals, i guess his word doesn't mean anything.

-Positives are numerous for us

We can now not worry about matching an offer for Lin, even if it is a poison pill, we need him and we will worry about year 3 and 4 when that time comes. Resign Lin to whatever.

We don't have to resign Landry Fields who I believed was a bad fit on this team, especially with Shumpert and Smith taking all his minutes because Landry fails to hit an open shot.

We can address the PG issues by spending less money. Sign Kidd or Prigioni as a backup and we can still get solid production.

We keep Iman Shumpert, who we all believe is going to be an all around stud in the NBA for years to come.

The Knicks were probably torn between deciding to trade him, now they don't have to worry.
Let's focus on the future and hope Lin can orchestrate the offense