Nash to LA

STAT1

Starter
Lol now toronto has to swallow that poison pill.

PS_0120_FIGURES_SWALLOW.jpg

Hayato

Benchwarmer
LMAO! I can only imagine the riot in the streets of LA if Stern were to veto another 1 of their trades. I highly doubt he would do it to them again. :teeth:

he'd do it if it was dwight to la.... id love to see him do it for dwight to brooklyn!!!

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
This is good news. I would love to have Kidd as a solid backup PG. Giving up 22 year old Shump for 38 year old Nash was like giving your arm 3x the strength but your arms will fall off in a few months. Good if you only care about short-term, but overall bad in the long-term. You would be trading a youthful defender for an aged offender

Seba

Benchwarmer
I have to say this hurts. I didn't want to give up Shump, but Nash es by far my favorite player in the league and a personal role model.
I love the guy so much I might even root for Bryant to make his shots in the finals. Man this hurts.
Just had to let it out.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Not sure what to make of dropping out of the Nash stakes.

He could have been brilliant, but age and injury were a detractor. Losing Shump would have stung the choad in a massive way, but the rumor suggesting Kidd would come at vet's minimum combined with keeping Shump and Lin, IMO, is a safer, more future oriented and better plan.

I've little doubt that James Colan will match any sheet Lin's offered, though I'd prefer that it be a 3 year deal that'll clean the books for the Knicks in 2015-2016, for a full reevaluation of our starters - Chandler, Amar'e, Melo, Shumpert and Lin.

I'd like to see what that core is capable of for the next 3 years, but also have the ability to tear it up and attack the FA frenzy in 2015-2016 when Durant is unrestricted.

Last edited:
Crazy⑧s;239744 said:

He could have been brilliant, but age and injury were a detractor. Losing Shump would have stung the choad in a massive way, but the rumor suggesting Kidd would come at vet's minimum combined with keeping Shump and Lin, IMO, is a safer, more future oriented and better plan.

I've little doubt that James Colan will match any sheet Lin's offered, though I'd prefer that it be a 3 year deal that'll clean the books for the Knicks in 2015-2016, for a full reevaluation of our starters - Chandler, Amar'e, Melo, Shumpert and Lin.

I'd like to see what that core is capable of for the next 3 years, but also have the ability to tear it up and attack the FA frenzy in 2015-2016 when Durant is unrestricted.

lol james colan

Seba

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;239744 said:

Oh please, lets not start another wait for "__"

I agree with everything else you said.
I'll just add that if we add Kidd for the MMLE I feel pretty good.
If we add him for vet's min, its a party. We would still be able to lure another free agent for the MMLE AND try a S&T with the pieces we didn't use in Nash sans Shump (meaning Jordan, Harrelson, Gadzuric) and if we add a pick and money, we can get ourselfs a good deal.

I agree with everything else you said.
I'll just add that if we add Kidd for the MMLE I feel pretty good.
If we add him for vet's min, its a party. We would still be able to lure another free agent for the MMLE AND try a S&T with the pieces we didn't use in Nash sans Shump (meaning Jordan, Harrelson, Gadzuric) and if we add a pick and money, we can get ourselfs a good deal.

Yes thank you! I cannot bare another "well this guy is going to be a FA soon" post.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

I, for one anyway, am convinced that's what's going to happen, and will continue to happen over and over as the Knicks have backed themselves in to a pick-less post LeBron pursuit failure.

Unless we trade Lin, Melo or Chandler, we won't be getting any picks out of anyone for a while.

We might be able to pull a miracle trade of Stoudemire, for example, but if we got a pick of any significance out of that I'd be surprised. If he were ever traded, it'd only ever be for a player(s) whose contracts are also considered a blemish on their team's roster.

That, of course, will all be determined by how he plays this year. Not holding out a lot of hope.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;239752 said:
I, for one anyway, am convinced that's what's going to happen, and will continue to happen over and over as the Knicks have backed themselves in to a pick-less post LeBron pursuit failure.

Unless we trade Lin, Melo or Chandler, we won't be getting any picks out of anyone for a while.

Why do we even bother with picks? When NYK did have them, look who they ended up with? How have the picks benefited the team over the past decade?

As long as Dolan is running the show, this team isn't going anywhere. At least they are entertaining to watch these days.