Nash to LA

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;239752 said:
I, for one anyway, am convinced that's what's going to happen, and will continue to happen over and over as the Knicks have backed themselves in to a pick-less post LeBron pursuit failure.

Unless we trade Lin, Melo or Chandler, we won't be getting any picks out of anyone for a while.

We might be able to pull a miracle trade of Stoudemire, for example, but if we got a pick of any significance out of that I'd be surprised. If he were ever traded, it'd only ever be for a player(s) whose contracts are also considered a blemish on their team's roster.

That, of course, will all be determined by how he plays this year. Not holding out a lot of hope.

Or the other miracle of a dime in the rough of our players overseas in a couple of years coming to the Knicks and play well. Ginolbili style.

The Knicks need players to improve and play to their highest abilities. To many ifs and needs.

1. Stat needs to read the ball better to rebound and improve his defensive awareness drastically. Maybe Hakeem could of helped his game.

2. Melo needs to learn to move the ball, become a leader, and learn how to move without the ball.

3. Lin needs a lot of improvement. Hopefully Kidd will get signed and help him.

4. Novak needs to come back.

5. Backup center is a need. Camby.

6. SG is in question. J.R. Smith needs to take less money, if not sign someone younger for the same cost. O.J Mayo.

7. Team Chemistry needs a ton of improvement.

The Knicks are not a championship team, even if all this happens it still might not be enough. One more thing to bring the Knicks over the hump, Coach Woodson has to find a way to make all these players work.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
well im glad, to say the least. felt we wouldve been overpaying for a guy whos way past his prime and an injury or 2 away from ending a glorious career. We managed to keep a rising SG with elite potential- apparently he was the deal breaker and we kept refusing to include him in the package- koudos Glen. now we should turn our efforts to camby, kidd/foye and if possible get O,J in a sign and trade. i'd go to war with that squad.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
1. Stat needs to read the ball better to rebound and improve his defensive awareness drastically. Maybe Hakeem could of helped his game.

STAT hasn't attended yet, and as far as I know Hakeem teaches low post offense. Not that even a few defensive tips wouldn't be some thing new to Stoudemire. :eek:hboy:

2. Melo needs to learn to move the ball, become a leader, and learn how to move without the ball.

Moving without the ball is the focal here. He too often meanders from one side of the court to the other and muscles for position on the block. That has to be more taxing on the stamina than creating opportunities with quick relocations.

I think his ball movement is OK, but once he's locked in to shoot mode, opponent defenses react accordingly and we see only Tyson Chandler attempting to carom a miss. Stoudemire, of course, is ineffective on the glass offensively. When Melo was missing EVERYTHING earlier last season, that was one of the reasons we lost and underachieved all season.

3. Lin needs a lot of improvement. Hopefully Kidd will get signed and help him.

I'd love for that to happen at vet min.

4. Novak needs to come back.

Absolutely. And he needs a 3 year, $9M deal I think. But he needs a broader role than just a spot shooter who rarely comes off screens. Lin is an excellent deliverer of the ball in transition, but those 2 facets to Novak's role aren't enough, IMO.

5. Backup center is a need. Camby.

Camby said he doesn't want to play a supporting role. I think Miami is a likelihood for him, sadly.

6. SG is in question. J.R. Smith needs to take less money, if not sign someone younger for the same cost. O.J Mayo.

We won't get Mayo for that money. I still wanna see what Smith's got for us this season. Could make for a nice S&T next offseason. We need him before Shump gets back, too.

7. Team Chemistry needs a ton of improvement.

Considering that we'll have exactly the same starting 5 (I belive Lin'll be back on board) for 3 years, this team needs more than a ton of improvement.

STAT and Melo need a 2 man game, as well. We're still yet to see it and it's f'ing retarded.

The Knicks are not a championship team, even if all this happens it still might not be enough. One more thing to bring the Knicks over the hump, Coach Woodson has to find a way to make all these players work.

He'll only do that in accordance with the whims of Carmelo Anthony. Melo is the one who needs to WANT to make it work, IMO.

I think we win and accordingly with his level of satisfaction with his role.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;239768 said:

STAT hasn't attended yet, and as far as I know Hakeem teaches low post offense.

Moving without the ball is the focal here. He too often meanders from one side of the court to the other and muscles for position on the block. That has to be more taxing on the stamina than creating opportunities with quick relocations.

I think his ball movement is OK, but once he's locked in to shoot mode, opponent defenses react accordingly and we see only Tyson Chandler attempting to carom a miss. Stoudemire, of course, is ineffective on the glass offensively. When Melo was missing EVERYTHING earlier last season, that was one of the reasons we lost and underachieved all season.

Camby said he doesn't want to play a supporting role. I think Miami is a likelihood for him, sadly.

We won't get Mayo for that money. I still wanna see what Smith's got for us this season. Could make for a nice S&T next offseason. We need him before Shump gets back, too.

Considering that we'll have exactly the same starting 5 (I belive Lin'll be back on board) for 3 years, this team needs more than a ton of improvement.

STAT and Melo need a 2 man game, as well. We're still yet to see it and it's f'ing retarded.

I think we win and accordingly with his level of satisfaction with his role.

Another need for Stat. Stat always was and is overpaid. Lets hope Tyson Chandler could rub off on him. I still don't understand why he can't rebound the ball. Tyson Chandler defends the shot the least he can do is get a defensive rebound. He's big and athletic for nothing.

True, Melo could be better passing the ball though. I'm not sure some people realize on how great of a player he really is. He carried the Knicks in a lot of games. He needs to learn how to make the other players around him better. He to me is the leader.

Damn, sucks about Camby. I've always been a fan. The Knicks really needed a Center, they should still try. I said Bass should be plan B for a big man.

Smith is already asking for a lot, you think Mayo wants more. I guess your right but not sure what Knicks are going to do at SG. All I know is James White is backup.

Agree with you completely. Stat and Melo need to find a way to work together. It's also the coaches job to find a way. It's the coaches job to make it work.

We will win games but it will be a longshot winning the title. Knicks are the underdog and will be for a while. I still be watching and hope for the best.

:beer: Here's to hoping for the Knicks find a way and make it past the first round.

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
Why do we even bother with picks? When NYK did have them, look who they ended up with? How have the picks benefited the team over the past decade?

As long as Dolan is running the show, this team isn't going anywhere. At least they are entertaining to watch these days.

We did pretty well getting Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, David Lee & Iman Shumpert. The first 2 guys we used as trade pieces to get Melo, & Lee was traded to clear up cap space to sign Amar'e. Iman Shumpert is already 1 of the top defensive players in the NBA. We've certainly had some duds using our picks but they haven't all been duds.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Fakers Land Fool's Gold...........

The Fakers IMO have landed fool's gold......... Steve Nash is like Bernard King...... Great at the offensive side of the floor, but has never won a title because of how poorly he plays at the defensive side of the floor.

Forrest17

Rotation player
The Fakers IMO have landed fool's gold......... Steve Nash is like Bernard King...... Great at the offensive side of the floor, but has never won a title because of how poorly he plays at the defensive side of the floor.

Well, that and because the Suns have gotten seriously hosed by some of the worst calls from refs I've ever seen and just, awful luck in critical playoff games

They will be great with Nash.. Offense is what they need. They were still one of the best defensive teams in the league even with Derrick fisher at point so it really doesn't matter. Nash is a huge upgrade over him.

tiger0330

Legend
I wonder if this doesn't change the Lakers trying to move Gasol. On paper this team looks great, Artest might be the weak link but even he could benefit by Nash's money passing allowing him to set his feet for his 3s.

Bynum
Gasol
Artest
Kobe
Nash

iSaYughh

Starter

No. :facepalm:

Nash never won a title, because the Suns *NEVER* brought in any semblance of an actual starting NBA C. Except a way past his prime Shaq.

And they were going up agains a dynasty Spurs squad, battled them toe to toe, and if they didn't get hosed by some insane calls that led to the suspension of Amare and others, they likely would have won.

And their owner then gutted their team and closed out what was a true championship contending window. Which was actually the worst thing.

Period.

Nash is an ethereal player, still one of the best PGs in the league, and outside of CP3 is probably the best pure pt in the game, and guy you'd want on an already loaded team like the Lakers.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
No. :facepalm:

Nash never won a title, because the Suns *NEVER* brought in any semblance of an actual starting NBA C. Except a way past his prime Shaq.

And they were going up agains a dynasty Spurs squad, battled them toe to toe, and if they didn't get hosed by some insane calls that led to the suspension of Amare and others, they likely would have won.

And their owner then gutted their team and closed out what was a true championship contending window. Which was actually the worst thing.

Period.

Nash is an ethereal player, still one of the best PGs in the league, and outside of CP3 is probably the best pure pt in the game, and guy you'd want on an already loaded team like the Lakers.
The Lakers are gonna be a big, maybe huge threat. Instead of trading Pau last season for a great PG, they still have him and a great PG. A backcourt of Nash and Kobe, and a frontcourt of Pau and Bynum...that could be insane. Nash is gonna give Pau and Bynum tons of buckets. We took care of business last season with dealing with their frontcourt by signing Chandler, now we gotta improve to compete with this.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
like ive said before, ill have shumpert any day this dude will be an allstar and is still 22. that wouldve been a highway robbery if the suns walked away with shumpert