Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Knicks, Mr. Shumpert

Default Welcome to the Knicks, Mr. Shumpert

WELCOME IMAN“@I_Am_Iman: Signed my paper!!! I'm OFFICIALLY a Knick!!! #IS21 and headed to practice! Today is a great day! Let's get to work”

excited about this guy! He seemed to be working extra hard during this lockout. Where are they going to air the pre-season games?

Welcome to the bench while we go after free agent scrub guards.....

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

NICE finally!! cant wait to watch him in action. worked hard during the lockout and impressed a lot of players during the charity games. definitely gonna be something special.

Veteran

If Nate became a fan favorite simply by electrifying MSG with his dunks and being crappy at everything else, I wonder what's going to happen to Iman Shumpert when he does a between the legs dunk

Glen Grunwald announced today that the Knicks signed guard Iman Shumpert and center Josh Harrellson to contracts.

Shumpert, 6-5, 220-pounds, was selected after his junior season by New York in the first round (17th overall) of the 2011 NBA Draft. He completed his collegiate career for the Yellow Jackets as the 11th all-time assist leader (382) and ranks fourth in steals (207). The 20-year-old Illinois-native averaged 17.3 points, 5.9 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 2.7 steals (sixth in nation) in 31 games last season. His honors included All-ACC Second Team and All-ACC Defensive Team selections.

Harrellson, 6-10, 275-pounds, had his draft rights acquired from New Orleans in exchange for cash considerations on June 23. The St. Charles, MO-native was selected in the second round (45th overall) of the 2011 NBA Draft by the Hornets. He averaged 7.6 points and 4.7 rebounds in 38 games during his senior season and led the Southeastern Conference in field goal percentage (.611) and ranked second in rebounding (8.7).

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    How will this translate in the NBA?

Under Mike D'Antoni?

Anybody who does a under the legs dunk during a game DESERVES to be benched regardles if they made it or not. The audacity to attempt that and risk and open lane dunk for the sake of flash is an asssshole! I dont think He-mans that kind of guy and will save that stuff for a dunk competition..lets hope

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    WELCOME IMAN“@I_Am_Iman: Signed my paper!!! I'm OFFICIALLY a Knick!!! #IS21 and headed to practice! Today is a great day! Let's get to work”
    This guy was almost drafted by the Suns at #13 in the draft, so the kid can play. His athleticism is ridiculous and he hit 17 out of his 18 shots during the Knicks tryout. If his shot improved, then he can be possible ROY candidate, no joke.

I can see him starting over TD if he has handles and court vision but I see him more of a sixth man or role player logging in 15-25 min, like TD last year.

I can wait to see what Iman Shuttlesworth does, 5 days until we get that preseason game

This guy has been improving all offseason/lockout i follow him on twitter and he's constantly in the gym and working on his game, been itching to get on the court and now he's arrived i loved the drafting of him and i think he's going to be a valuable 6th man for us moving forward or can shine ( i,e. Rondo ) has the physical tools and has the drive, that equals success. damn were looking good this year.

Default Iman Bowie

Let's Dance!

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    This guy has been improving all offseason/lockout i follow him on twitter and he's constantly in the gym and working on his game, been itching to get on the court and now he's arrived i loved the drafting of him and i think he's going to be a valuable 6th man for us moving forward or can shine ( i,e. Rondo ) has the physical tools and has the drive, that equals success. damn were looking good this year.
    We about to beast on the east

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    We about to beast on the east
    seriously bro, look at where we came from when i first joined this sight and now were talking CHAMPIONSHIP aspirations. im excited and cant wait for the 17th let alone 25th. were gonna do damage and we still being aggressive in FA

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    seriously bro, look at where we came from when i first joined this sight and now were talking CHAMPIONSHIP aspirations. im excited and cant wait for the 17th let alone 25th. were gonna do damage and we still being aggressive in FA
    Its crazy fam, just to think back in 08 we had endured many consecutive years of failure and embarrassment. Now we about to be sh*ttin on 90% of the east, only 2 teams that are seein us. The meltics failed to get David West, they shall remain old washed up flabby n sick

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Its crazy fam, just to think back in 08 we had endured many consecutive years of failure and embarrassment. Now we about to be sh*ttin on 90% of the east, only 2 teams that are seein us. The meltics failed to get David West, they shall remain old washed up flabby n sick

tell me about it, from watching a team that didnt wanna pass the rock AT ALL, to watching Duhon run the point and watching Jeffries get that huge deal to now, its surreal we have legit the BEST forntcourt in the NBA. that alone will win us games we lost last season. the shift in the atlantic is taking shape were now the team to beat, sure boston is cause they have to divison title; but now were the ones with the target and were capable of beating the bulls and heat night in and night out, even in a series. we can go to the finals i really dont see why not. all comes down to how quick we form chemistry