Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So is it possible to make a run Chirs Paul next year?

Default So is it possible to make a run Chirs Paul next year?

With all the moves the Nets are making, we have to improve our team, but the question is do we have the cap space?

not possible we are going to match lin doubt clippers take him back in a sign and trade
    the only reason paul is opting out is to make the most money since clippers own his bird rights just like deron williams did this year with the nets

If the Nets can be over the cap and still pull off a trade for Dwight, anything is possible and there is always a chance to get Paul. I do agree, that he did it to get more money next year though, but you never know. Who woulda thought Ray Allen woulda screwed the Celtics and jumped in the Heat bandwagon...

Chris Paul passed on a chance to sign a three-year extension with the Clippers this summer.

"I'll wait until next summer to decide everything," Paul said. "It's funny, ESPN doesn't put at the bottom of the ticker, like why you don't do the three-year."

Paul declined, he said, with the intention of signing a five-year, $108 million extension in 2013.

"I'm excited about our future,” Paul said. “Bringing in Jamal (Crawford), and obviously getting Chauncey (Billups) back. Everybody knows how I feel about that. That was huge."

Billups is set to sign a one-year, $4.3 million offer sheet when the free-agency moratorium lifts on July 11.

Via Ramona Shelburne/ESPNLosAngeles

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I don't see him leaving the clippers he seems satisfied there.

If we did trade for CP3 i have no doubt we will be losing Lin, Shump, Novak future picks etc etc

Yes call me crazy but we will be a major player for CP3 when the time comes.

Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    With all the moves the Nets are making, we have to improve our team, but the question is do we have the cap space?
    I really believe Lin will be so good that everyone, including you, won't even think about Chris Paul

Superstar

Man forget paul.

Lin is the only Star the Knicks have had that was synonymous with our team since ewing.

With Paul he will just be another star moving to a big market team for more exposure. Boring.

Lin is a story, a star, a good guy that people who aren't even Knicks fans root for.

I think we already missed our chance to get CP3 when we opted for Melo signing back in the day. It's tough but I really don't see CP3 coming to NY

Veteran

Not sure if it's possible. But if our current team doesn't reach it's expectations I wouldn't be suprised if the Knicks/Melo made some crafty moves to bring in CP3. It wouldn't hurt our chances at winning a chip thats 4sure.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    Man forget paul.

Lin is the only Star the Knicks have had that was synonymous with our team since ewing.

With Paul he will just be another star moving to a big market team for more exposure. Boring.

Lin is a story, a star, a good guy that people who aren't even Knicks fans root for.

I like the Knicksism you got going, but you can never say forget Chris Paul. Dude is the best guard in the NBA.

Why is this guy still being talked about coming to the Knicks?

CP3 loves Melo and Chandler..

we're gonna need to dump STAT for this to happen though..

Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    If the Nets can be over the cap and still pull off a trade for Dwight, anything is possible and there is always a chance to get Paul. I do agree, that he did it to get more money next year though, but you never know. Who woulda thought Ray Allen woulda screwed the Celtics and jumped in the Heat bandwagon...
    Interesting, but Paul would need to demand to be traded to the Knicks, similar to Carmelo....and now Howard. If it's to be a free agent signing, Knicks don't really have to much leverage to threaten a sign and trade. With the news that Griffin has re-upped, Paul maybe a Clipper for a few more seasons.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    Interesting, but Paul would need to demand to be traded to the Knicks, similar to Carmelo....and now Howard. If it's to be a free agent signing, Knicks don't really have to much leverage to threaten a sign and trade. With the news that Griffin has re-upped, Paul maybe a Clipper for a few more seasons.
    Paul lives in LA and is playing with a budding star in Blake Griffin and they have great pieces around them. He doesn't have to leave to be successful and the Clips are becoming a big market team now that Paul brought them out of purgatory.