Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Felton wants back in The Garden.

Im just saying, WHO ELSE IS THERE!? lol

The Rockets added Scott Machado to their summer league team, but the Knicks should swoop in and sign him immediately after.

No dicking around, no excuses. We need a backup point, he's a pure point, they should keep an eye on him in the summer league, and then swoop in.

Could be some serious value there, and obviously a lot cheaper than anything on the market. I would feel more comfortable about that if we got a vet guard for him to learn from tho. But he's a heady player either way.

The Knicks need to stop falling ass backwards into the Jeremy Lin's, and be proactive and go find them.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Im just saying, WHO ELSE IS THERE!? lol
    Not much, this is where you gotta get crafty. The Knicks tend to **** that up. Their definition of crafty is just winging it, and let the chips fall where they may.

You have Sessions, Dj Augustin, Chauncey, and Kidd.

All of whom I could see backing up Lin, and none of them are worth more than the mini-mid.

I wouldn't mind giving the MLE to Mayo, Camby, Jason Thompson, Kayman (he'll make more), or some other big that can come in and just gobble up the boards, give us extra possessions. Sign Kidd for the vet min, and then sign Scott Machado to learn from him, create an asset that we could use in the future.
    Last edited by nuckles2k2; Jul 05, 2012 at 09:52.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Not much, this is where you gotta get crafty. The Knicks tend to **** that up. Their definition of crafty is just winging it, and let the chips fall where they may.

You have Sessions, Dj Augustin, Chauncey, and Kidd.

All of whom I could see backing up Lin, and none of them are worth more than the mini-mid.

I wouldn't mind giving the MLE to Mayo, Camby, Jason Thompson, Kayman (he'll make more), or some other big that can come in and just gobble up the boards, give us extra possessions. Sign Kidd for the vet min, and then sign Scott Machado to learn from him, create an asset that we could use in the future.
    This is why Felton is going to end up taking the Mini MLE. The knicks going after him is basically because its better to deal with the devil you know than the one you don't. The knicks know he is a gunner and out of shape but he plays D and he was doing well playing for them until the Melo trade rumors started to become too much of a distraction for the entire team.

If he starts to ask for too much the knicks could move on since there are still decent Backup quality PG's on the market. Then Felton could end up getting less to try to get minutes on a team that is set at PG. At least here the Knicks would guarantee him about 10 - 15 minutes a game.

The knicks still have that S&T and can till make moves with it.

Knicks are working a S&T with Portland.

4-6mil

Doesnt that mean we keep both exceptions?

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
    "@OG_MJ: @alanhahn update on Camby? Id love to have him back" If you can sign/trade for Felton, MLE is there for Camby or others.

Alan Hahn
    Expect the Knicks to work with Felton's agent, Tony Dutt, and Felton's previous team, Portland, on a sign-and-trade deal for the free agent. Knicks could involve same foundation pieces from Nash deal (Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric and Jerome Jordan plus cash) and offer Felton anywhere from $4M to $6M in the first year. Deal should be amenable to Portland because Gadzuric and Jordan are non-guaranteeds and cash considerations essentially pays for Douglas' salary.
    6 minutes ago

Knick blooger, Zachary Horst, had this to say:

Zachary Horst ‏@zd183
    I'm at Dolans fourth of July party. Felton was there, he said he's on the Knicks. Take it FWIW #Knicks

Zachary Horst ‏@zd183
    Center Island, NY, Dolan's 4th of July party. Felton is here. He's a Knick

Grain of salt, but certainly more concrete (if that's the word) than any other rumors bar "Felton wants to rejoin Knicks".

damn I was really hoping it was going to be for the MLE deal. That is the problem when you show your cards too early and the market see's what your planning. Then they're agents can get cute and say they will only take specific deals ... Ahh well no chance at OJ Mayo now, I wonder who they can get for the 3 Million Mini MLE. Camby would be a good look I suppose, Maybe Foye ...

If there is a S&T just plz dont include JORTS... i really want to see him a Knick next season!!!

Ive always wanted Felton to come back, he loved playing here im sure he'll get back to the 2010 ray we know

Wouldnt we have two of them?

3mil
    and 1.9mil?

Wouldnt we have two of them?

3mil
    and 1.9mil?
    I still think the 1.9 would cause the Apron to kick in. That is assuming we bring JR Back. On another note I think I see the Knicks FA strategy going forward until 2015. Sign roleplayers to one year deals and then use the combined contracts as a non cap related MLE in a S&T to another team. I am not 100% but I think the knicks would be allowed to continue to do that as long as they want and it wont cause the Apron to kick in.

Alan Hahn
    Expect the Knicks to work with Felton's agent, Tony Dutt, and Felton's previous team, Portland, on a sign-and-trade deal for the free agent. Knicks could involve same foundation pieces from Nash deal (Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric and Jerome Jordan plus cash) and offer Felton anywhere from $4M to $6M in the first year. Deal should be amenable to Portland because Gadzuric and Jordan are non-guaranteeds and cash considerations essentially pays for Douglas' salary.
    6 minutes ago
    Portland has nothing to lose with this, Jerome could be a nice project for them to work on developing.

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
    "@OG_MJ: @alanhahn update on Camby? Id love to have him back" If you can sign/trade for Felton, MLE is there for Camby or others.
    If we sign and trade for felton Camby should be our next #1 priority seeing how we have no backup for Chandler, Jorts aint exactly cutting it.

The only way it makes sense for NYK to add Felton is the sign-&-trade route. While I don't think Felton does much to help us (especially in the playoffs), there's no doubt that if you replace Douglas-Gadzurik with Felton... that is an upgrade.

James White will be equal to what Landry Fields was.

The most important thing NYK will/can do is utilize their MLE correctly. This has to be an impact player. A player that puts NYK over-the-top, into the top-4 in the East stratosphere.

Marcus Camby wont return to NYK. Our owner ran him out of town b/c he wouldn't attend a PR/MKTG seminar. Plus, he wants to start. NYK should've acquired Reggie Evans, instead they let the Nets do that.

I think Knicks should give the partial MLE to a player who can play SG. A shooter. Lewis & Mayo would be my top 2 choices. DO NOT WASTE our 1 tool to improve on a backup.

After that, roll dice on vet min or whatever... bring in a bunch of fringe players. A guy like Jonny Flynn.

Also, really think about a trade. See if ATL will give you Smith or Horford. Call HOU and try to get Lowry. Work the trade lines & see what shakes loose.

MIA adds Allen (probably), BOS adds Terry, Nets add Joe Johnson, ATL is making moves, if the Knicks think bringing back Lin & signing Felton does anything? Well, surprise.