Felton wants back in The Garden.

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
i take this guys word with a grain of salt. half the stories he reports turn out to be fake. and allen didn't even meet with the heat yet. however if we get Feltip that'd be great to have em as a backup, rugged PG NY style. although as a sign-and-trade i'd want Mayo but that seems unlikely. hopefully with teh mle we get Camby and mini MLE we bring in Foye.

Sounds like a likely scenario... If Foye goes that low that is. Will K-mart come on a minimum?? Extra size and depth up front.
Damn..
It'd almost be like having a Denver Nuggets reunion from '07 comin off the bench.

Looks like clips just signed Billups and Crawford. Foye definately homeless...

Last edited:

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Let Lin go and sign both Felton and Kidd.
Felton combined very well with Amar'e while in NY, he was a good general on court for us, so bring him back along with Kidd to solve our backcourt issues.

About the Rockets offer to Lin, I mean, it's simply ridiculous! He has played some nice basketball for like 40 games, and all of a sudden he gets one of the highest salaries in the NBA (for PG's) when a few months back he was nothing but a D-leaguer!
He should show some respect to the Knicks, because we were the team that believed in him and probably the team that gave him the last shot to prove himself in the NBA, now he doesn't even care what our offer would be?
That's just silly, the league shouldn't allow RFA to meet with another teams before talking to their current one, if they couldn't reach a deal, then it would be ok to let him go...
If this offer is real, I WOULD NEVER MATCH IT! SCREW LINSANITY!

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Felton combined very well with Amar'e while in NY, he was a good general on court for us, so bring him back along with Kidd to solve our backcourt issues.

About the Rockets offer to Lin, I mean, it's simply ridiculous! He has played some nice basketball for like 40 games, and all of a sudden he gets one of the highest salaries in the NBA (for PG's) when a few months back he was nothing but a D-leaguer!
He should show some respect to the Knicks, because we were the team that believed in him and probably the team that gave him the last shot to prove himself in the NBA, now he doesn't even care what our offer would be?
That's just silly, the league shouldn't allow RFA to meet with another teams before talking to their current one, if they couldn't reach a deal, then it would be ok to let him go...

U do realize we're a large market team and the worst that will happen if we match is that Dolan will get taxed in a couple years. Won't affect the salary cap at all.

And it's not the RFA's fault that his team didn't extend him an offer in the first place. If you're a consultant at a company and the company hasn't extended ur contract or signed u on as permanent u don't sit and wait till it does, u start looking around for something else.

Btw, Lin got extremely lucky with the Knicks. If Baron Davis had been healthy, or Toney Douglas was playing well, Linsanity might have occurred somewhere else. We were on the verge of cutting him before that infamous Nets game.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

Welcome to Dolans World, No matter how LIMITED or INCREDIBLE Lin's talents may become, it does not matter as long as DOLAN runs $hit he will keep Lin just for the fact the Kid has turned into a CASH MACHINE & SELLS OUT TICKETS. Any offer will be matched, and thats just the way the cookie crumbles

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Felton would be a gd guy to have back up Lin.
We def should not run him (Felton)with Kidd.

Lin
Felton

Lin
Kidd..

.. as a number 2 option.

Lin can be a top 10 point in the league. Keeping him should be a priority.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I'm sorry if i'm off, but i'm not about to read through 4 pages of comments.... do you think it's possible to sign lin, kidd and felton financially? or does felton have to be a sign and trade?

I would take the 3 anyday? lets go knicks !

Wargames

Starter
I'm sorry if i'm off, but i'm not about to read through 4 pages of comments.... do you think it's possible to sign lin, kidd and felton financially? or does felton have to be a sign and trade?

I would take the 3 anyday? lets go knicks !

yes the Knicks could do it, heck they still might we do not know. However I wonder was Felton asking for the S&T (6 million) what made the Knicks go after Kidd... Or maybe the knicks used Felton as a smoke screen to get what they really wanted like Nash used NY and TOR to go to the Lakers?

iSaYughh

Starter
Felton would be a gd guy to have back up Lin.
We def should not run him (Felton)with Kidd.

Lin
Felton

Lin
Kidd..

.. as a number 2 option.

Lin can be a top 10 point in the league. Keeping him should be a priority.

Felton and Lin could also start together, I believe, and be quite effective.

A big thing when you consider the injury status of Shumpert.

I say this season will boil down to two things:

If Shumpert struggles or assumes the role as an uber-athletic 2guard and defensive stopper.

How Woodson runs the offense, and team, and the resulting impact on how Melo plays. Which of course will dictate the type of value we get out of STAT, and to a degree Lin.

tiger0330

Legend
The Rox traded Lowry to the Raptors, Dragic went to the Suns. With our interest in Felton and Kidd, it's lining up that we lose Lin to the Rockets.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What's the deal with Felton now? We still haven't signed Lin and it was stated he's back..........never mind that we've forked out a lot of cash between Camby, Kidd and Novak.

Have to wonder.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Crazy⑧s;240962 said:
What's the deal with Felton now? We still haven't signed Lin and it was stated he's back..........never mind that we've forked out a lot of cash between Camby, Kidd and Novak.

Have to wonder.
I doubt he comes back

Lin cant be matched til Wednesday.

STAT1

Starter
Crazy⑧s;240962 said:

Have to wonder.

FA's can't be signed until the 11th. Don't worry the Knicks are signing Lin, it's not even a question.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
FA's can't be signed until the 11th. Don't worry the Knicks are signing Lin, it's not even a question.

More so wondering about Felton's situation. He was at Dolan's recent birthday bash and according to attendees was saying he's a Knick again. Obviously, the amount of validity put behind that is up to the individual, but you'd think there'd be more noise circulating about him on the web with other teams.

It'd be a shame if he were shafted by the Knicks after being dealt to Denver against his will.

Still, if we're better without him, fugg it.

STAT1

Starter
Crazy⑧s;241027 said:
More so wondering about Felton's situation. He was at Dolan's recent birthday bash and according to attendees was saying he's a Knick again. Obviously, the amount of validity put behind that is up to the individual, but you'd think there'd be more noise circulating about him on the web with other teams.

It'd be a shame if he were shafted by the Knicks after being dealt to Denver against his will.

Still, if we're better without him, fugg it.

I don't see how Felton could possibly end up here since we're already using our mini ML to sign J Kidd, unless he's planning on signing on for the vet min, which I don't see happening. Anyway where does he get minutes with Lin & Kidd here?

Forrest17

Rotation player
I don't see how Felton could possibly end up here since we're already using our mini ML to sign J Kidd, unless he's planning on signing on for the vet min, which I don't see happening. Anyway where does he get minutes with Lin & Kidd here?

We still have dan gadzurics contract, so in a sign and trade we could pay felton like a little over 3 million per if portland accepted.

Either way, Still don't want him. We should use whatever is left to sign another SG. And resign smith and Lin