Felton wants back in The Garden.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...Ml6TP6fduhO?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Knicks

Raymond+Felton+New+York+Knicks+v+Charlotte+o6t-ed-t8eFl.jpg

-
-
Pretty much his agent stating he would love to come back here and had no hard feelings about the Melo trade. Didn't say he wouldn't accept one of our exceptions, just that he would prefer for the Knicks to work out a S & T with the Blazers for a higher salary.

And hey if we can dump JJ, TD & cash why not do it.

I also read elsewhere that his weight has ballooned to 225-235 lbs, can't find the link though.
-
Thoughts?

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Am i the only one who have seen Raymond Felton play last season...?
As in the season just past or the Melo-trade season? He wasn't great last year but was not as bad as people made him out to be. Put up sub par numbers but the whole Blazers organisation collapsed, wasn't just him.

I think for the BAE or a S&T with Blazers it may be worth it. The things that concerned me the most is that he played so well under D'Antoni's play, not Woodson's. No doubt Woodson would demand he got in shape but i'm still torn on this.

Would probably be solid and quite useful as a backup PG.

NYKnicks15

Starter
We're getting to that part in FA where we start to realize the truth about our beloved Knicks. We will be used to get up asking price while realizing were in that Miami Heat state of mind.. low spending money left, fill in the gaps cheaply. Problem is the money we have locked up doesn't work. Especially in this system BUT to get back to topic..

I feel Felton will have something to prove and would be inspired playing with Amare again problem is who knows what Mike Woodson would expect of him.

I feel he comes over in sign and trade and we follow by signing Rashard Lewis and Marcus Camby.

mafra

Legend
Felton can't shoot. Gets abused on defense. Has been terrible in the playoffs. I don't fear his poor play last season, b/c the lockout probably had a lot to do with that. But his play did tail off while he was here w/ NYK.

Still, he would suffice as the backup PG... but I'm not wasting my MLE on him. That MLE has to be handed to an impact player.

I'm sure there are ways to find a PG if Felton wants too much cash.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm just not giving him the MLE, which is 3 years and 9 million. I'd rather throw that at a Marcus Camby, or OJ Mayo (unlikely, but I think a better value than Felt.)

If we get Felton while reserving our mini-MLE, then fine.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I'm just not giving him the MLE, which is 3 years and 9 million. I'd rather throw that at a Marcus Camby, or OJ Mayo (unlikely, but I think a better value than Felt.)

If we get Felton while reserving our mini-MLE, then fine.
I couldnt agree more, I'd like to get him.

But money just shouldnt happen for him.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Felton is just like Lamar Odom, if he's not playing somewhere he WANTS to be the production and attitude change.

I don't mind Felton coming back, despite his garbage season in Portland dude still managed like what 11 and 7.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
The Rockets added Scott Machado to their summer league team, but the Knicks should swoop in and sign him immediately after.

No dicking around, no excuses. We need a backup point, he's a pure point, they should keep an eye on him in the summer league, and then swoop in.

Could be some serious value there, and obviously a lot cheaper than anything on the market. I would feel more comfortable about that if we got a vet guard for him to learn from tho. But he's a heady player either way.

The Knicks need to stop falling ass backwards into the Jeremy Lin's, and be proactive and go find them.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Im just saying, WHO ELSE IS THERE!? lol

Not much, this is where you gotta get crafty. The Knicks tend to **** that up. Their definition of crafty is just winging it, and let the chips fall where they may.

You have Sessions, Dj Augustin, Chauncey, and Kidd.

All of whom I could see backing up Lin, and none of them are worth more than the mini-mid.

I wouldn't mind giving the MLE to Mayo, Camby, Jason Thompson, Kayman (he'll make more), or some other big that can come in and just gobble up the boards, give us extra possessions. Sign Kidd for the vet min, and then sign Scott Machado to learn from him, create an asset that we could use in the future.

Last edited:

Wargames

Starter
Not much, this is where you gotta get crafty. The Knicks tend to **** that up. Their definition of crafty is just winging it, and let the chips fall where they may.

You have Sessions, Dj Augustin, Chauncey, and Kidd.

All of whom I could see backing up Lin, and none of them are worth more than the mini-mid.

I wouldn't mind giving the MLE to Mayo, Camby, Jason Thompson, Kayman (he'll make more), or some other big that can come in and just gobble up the boards, give us extra possessions. Sign Kidd for the vet min, and then sign Scott Machado to learn from him, create an asset that we could use in the future.

This is why Felton is going to end up taking the Mini MLE. The knicks going after him is basically because its better to deal with the devil you know than the one you don't. The knicks know he is a gunner and out of shape but he plays D and he was doing well playing for them until the Melo trade rumors started to become too much of a distraction for the entire team.

If he starts to ask for too much the knicks could move on since there are still decent Backup quality PG's on the market. Then Felton could end up getting less to try to get minutes on a team that is set at PG. At least here the Knicks would guarantee him about 10 - 15 minutes a game.

The knicks still have that S&T and can till make moves with it.