Felton wants back in The Garden.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
"@OG_MJ: @alanhahn update on Camby? Id love to have him back" If you can sign/trade for Felton, MLE is there for Camby or others.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Alan Hahn
Expect the Knicks to work with Felton's agent, Tony Dutt, and Felton's previous team, Portland, on a sign-and-trade deal for the free agent. Knicks could involve same foundation pieces from Nash deal (Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric and Jerome Jordan plus cash) and offer Felton anywhere from $4M to $6M in the first year. Deal should be amenable to Portland because Gadzuric and Jordan are non-guaranteeds and cash considerations essentially pays for Douglas' salary.
6 minutes ago

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Knick blooger, Zachary Horst, had this to say:

Zachary Horst ‏@zd183
I'm at Dolans fourth of July party. Felton was there, he said he's on the Knicks. Take it FWIW #Knicks

Zachary Horst ‏@zd183
Center Island, NY, Dolan's 4th of July party. Felton is here. He's a Knick

Grain of salt, but certainly more concrete (if that's the word) than any other rumors bar "Felton wants to rejoin Knicks".

Wargames

Starter
damn I was really hoping it was going to be for the MLE deal. That is the problem when you show your cards too early and the market see's what your planning. Then they're agents can get cute and say they will only take specific deals :?... Ahh well no chance at OJ Mayo now, I wonder who they can get for the 3 Million Mini MLE. Camby would be a good look I suppose, Maybe Foye ...

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
If there is a S&T just plz dont include JORTS... i really want to see him a Knick next season!!!

Ive always wanted Felton to come back, he loved playing here im sure he'll get back to the 2010 ray we know ;)

Wargames

Starter
Wouldnt we have two of them?

3mil
and 1.9mil?

I still think the 1.9 would cause the Apron to kick in. That is assuming we bring JR Back. On another note I think I see the Knicks FA strategy going forward until 2015. Sign roleplayers to one year deals and then use the combined contracts as a non cap related MLE in a S&T to another team. I am not 100% but I think the knicks would be allowed to continue to do that as long as they want and it wont cause the Apron to kick in.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Alan Hahn
Expect the Knicks to work with Felton's agent, Tony Dutt, and Felton's previous team, Portland, on a sign-and-trade deal for the free agent. Knicks could involve same foundation pieces from Nash deal (Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric and Jerome Jordan plus cash) and offer Felton anywhere from $4M to $6M in the first year. Deal should be amenable to Portland because Gadzuric and Jordan are non-guaranteeds and cash considerations essentially pays for Douglas' salary.
6 minutes ago
Portland has nothing to lose with this, Jerome could be a nice project for them to work on developing.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
"@OG_MJ: @alanhahn update on Camby? Id love to have him back" If you can sign/trade for Felton, MLE is there for Camby or others.
If we sign and trade for felton Camby should be our next #1 priority seeing how we have no backup for Chandler, Jorts aint exactly cutting it.

mafra

Legend
The only way it makes sense for NYK to add Felton is the sign-&-trade route. While I don't think Felton does much to help us (especially in the playoffs), there's no doubt that if you replace Douglas-Gadzurik with Felton... that is an upgrade.

James White will be equal to what Landry Fields was.

The most important thing NYK will/can do is utilize their MLE correctly. This has to be an impact player. A player that puts NYK over-the-top, into the top-4 in the East stratosphere.

Marcus Camby wont return to NYK. Our owner ran him out of town b/c he wouldn't attend a PR/MKTG seminar. Plus, he wants to start. NYK should've acquired Reggie Evans, instead they let the Nets do that.

I think Knicks should give the partial MLE to a player who can play SG. A shooter. Lewis & Mayo would be my top 2 choices. DO NOT WASTE our 1 tool to improve on a backup.

After that, roll dice on vet min or whatever... bring in a bunch of fringe players. A guy like Jonny Flynn.

Also, really think about a trade. See if ATL will give you Smith or Horford. Call HOU and try to get Lowry. Work the trade lines & see what shakes loose.

MIA adds Allen (probably), BOS adds Terry, Nets add Joe Johnson, ATL is making moves, if the Knicks think bringing back Lin & signing Felton does anything? Well, surprise.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Incarcerated Bob @incarceratedbob
8m **BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: Knicks have worked out a deal for Ray Felton #Done : Ray Allen working out deal with #Heat 95% #Done #IBN Back

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
Not too hyped on Ray felton.. Wish we could Parlay his S&T into a starting SG ala Wes Matthews. Don't look lik e a done deal just yet though...

Forrest17

Rotation player
Ugh.. I really don't like him, and watching him last season and the season before after the melo trade he was horrendous, if he is ok with backing up Lin, then fine.

So what are we doing about shooting guard?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i take this guys word with a grain of salt. half the stories he reports turn out to be fake. and allen didn't even meet with the heat yet. however if we get Feltip that'd be great to have em as a backup, rugged PG NY style. although as a sign-and-trade i'd want Mayo but that seems unlikely. hopefully with teh mle we get Camby and mini MLE we bring in Foye.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Felton

I have never liked Felton. He has terrible shooting numbers, but insists on taking the last shot. His defense is not impressive. He worked some nice pick and rolls with Amare' but he rarely passed to anyone else except out of necessity. He is Duhon redux.