Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Felton wants back in The Garden.

Incarcerated Bob @incarceratedbob
    8m **BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: Knicks have worked out a deal for Ray Felton #Done : Ray Allen working out deal with #Heat 95% #Done #IBN Back

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    8m **BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: Knicks have worked out a deal for Ray Felton #Done : Ray Allen working out deal with #Heat 95% #Done #IBN Back
    Did he say if its sign and trade or did we give him MLE

After yesterdays debacle, I dont believe it.

Originally Posted by Tokie420
    After yesterdays debacle, I dont believe it.
    that wasnt his fault. Nash bitched out for his kids.
    Deal was done

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Did he say if its sign and trade or did we give him MLE
    It would have to be a S&T

It would have to be a S&T
    nice time to bring out the Felton signature

Not too hyped on Ray felton.. Wish we could Parlay his S&T into a starting SG ala Wes Matthews. Don't look lik e a done deal just yet though...

Superstar

Ugh.. I really don't like him, and watching him last season and the season before after the melo trade he was horrendous, if he is ok with backing up Lin, then fine.

So what are we doing about shooting guard?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i take this guys word with a grain of salt. half the stories he reports turn out to be fake. and allen didn't even meet with the heat yet. however if we get Feltip that'd be great to have em as a backup, rugged PG NY style. although as a sign-and-trade i'd want Mayo but that seems unlikely. hopefully with teh mle we get Camby and mini MLE we bring in Foye.

Superstar

Default Felton

I have never liked Felton. He has terrible shooting numbers, but insists on taking the last shot. His defense is not impressive. He worked some nice pick and rolls with Amare' but he rarely passed to anyone else except out of necessity. He is Duhon redux.

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    i take this guys word with a grain of salt. half the stories he reports turn out to be fake. and allen didn't even meet with the heat yet. however if we get Feltip that'd be great to have em as a backup, rugged PG NY style. although as a sign-and-trade i'd want Mayo but that seems unlikely. hopefully with teh mle we get Camby and mini MLE we bring in Foye.

Sounds like a likely scenario... If Foye goes that low that is. Will K-mart come on a minimum?? Extra size and depth up front.
    Damn..
    It'd almost be like having a Denver Nuggets reunion from '07 comin off the bench.

Looks like clips just signed Billups and Crawford. Foye definately homeless...
    Last edited by TruOrngnBlu; Jul 05, 2012 at 13:03.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    nice time to bring out the Felton signature
    Exactly.

Allen Iverson is a better option.

Let Lin go and sign both Felton and Kidd.
    Felton combined very well with Amar'e while in NY, he was a good general on court for us, so bring him back along with Kidd to solve our backcourt issues.

About the Rockets offer to Lin, I mean, it's simply ridiculous! He has played some nice basketball for like 40 games, and all of a sudden he gets one of the highest salaries in the NBA (for PG's) when a few months back he was nothing but a D-leaguer!
    He should show some respect to the Knicks, because we were the team that believed in him and probably the team that gave him the last shot to prove himself in the NBA, now he doesn't even care what our offer would be?
    That's just silly, the league shouldn't allow RFA to meet with another teams before talking to their current one, if they couldn't reach a deal, then it would be ok to let him go...
    If this offer is real, I WOULD NEVER MATCH IT! SCREW LINSANITY!

Originally Posted by Ewing
    Let Lin go and sign both Felton and Kidd.
    Felton combined very well with Amar'e while in NY, he was a good general on court for us, so bring him back along with Kidd to solve our backcourt issues.

About the Rockets offer to Lin, I mean, it's simply ridiculous! He has played some nice basketball for like 40 games, and all of a sudden he gets one of the highest salaries in the NBA (for PG's) when a few months back he was nothing but a D-leaguer!
    He should show some respect to the Knicks, because we were the team that believed in him and probably the team that gave him the last shot to prove himself in the NBA, now he doesn't even care what our offer would be?
    That's just silly, the league shouldn't allow RFA to meet with another teams before talking to their current one, if they couldn't reach a deal, then it would be ok to let him go...
    If this offer is real, I WOULD NEVER MATCH IT! SCREW LINSANITY!
    U do realize we're a large market team and the worst that will happen if we match is that Dolan will get taxed in a couple years. Won't affect the salary cap at all.

And it's not the RFA's fault that his team didn't extend him an offer in the first place. If you're a consultant at a company and the company hasn't extended ur contract or signed u on as permanent u don't sit and wait till it does, u start looking around for something else.

Btw, Lin got extremely lucky with the Knicks. If Baron Davis had been healthy, or Toney Douglas was playing well, Linsanity might have occurred somewhere else. We were on the verge of cutting him before that infamous Nets game.