Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Anthony Carter

  1. #1
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,001
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Anthony Carter

    When he played for us, he was solid on both ends of the court. Would we need to spend three million on Felton when we could get AC's versatility for the vet. min?

    We have options, people. AC, Iverson, and whoever else can fill our needs without using the mini-MLE/MLE or whatever. Camby should be our number one priority now unless we can somehow get someone such as Mayo.

    Heck, Bibby was solid at the end of our season.

  2. #2
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Go Knicks if its come to this...lol

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I ask this in all seriousness, why are there so many friggin PGs in the NBA that are a million years old. Other teams are rollin our CP3 and Westbrook and the best free agent options to put up against them all seem to be picked straight from the AARP catalog this offseason.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,001
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    I ask this in all seriousness, why are there so many friggin PGs in the NBA that are a million years old. Other teams are rollin our CP3 and Westbrook and the best free agent options to put up against them all seem to be picked straight from the AARP catalog this offseason.
    Who cares about their age? That's what our younger stars at the other positions are for.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Who cares about their age? That's what our younger stars at the other positions are for.
    AC for example, used to be a real solid basketball player, but at age 37 he's coming off a season where he played in less than 25 games and averaged about 9 minutes per those games. Age is not the only issue, but it is an issue.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,001
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    AC for example, used to be a real solid basketball player, but at age 37 he's coming off a season where he played in less than 25 games and averaged about 9 minutes per those games. Age is not the only issue, but it is an issue.
    But did it have anything to do with him not being able to play? Toronto could have been giving their younger players time. I don't know.

    D'Antoni sure as heck made the wrong decision in not giving him big minutes last Playoffs when Billups went down. He should have been starting, which was proven when he was put in and played great in the second half of game 4 and was a big part in keeping it close.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    But did it have anything to do with him not being able to play? Toronto could have been giving their younger players time. I don't know.

    D'Antoni sure as heck made the wrong decision in not giving him big minutes last Playoffs when Billups went down. He should have been starting, which was proven when he was put in and played great in the second half of game 4 and was a big part in keeping it close.
    I totally agree about D'Antoni screwing up huge by not even trying to play his only remaining back-up PG on the bench until the series was essentially over. I still have PTSD over having to watch Roger Mason Jr. try to run the offense in that playoff series. Friggin D'Antoni.

  8. #8
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    AC would be a decent veteran's min acquisition to replace Bibby as our 3rd string PG (this is if Toney Douglas gets traded this summer).

  9. #9
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    AC would be a decent veteran's min acquisition to replace Bibby as our 3rd string PG (this is if Toney Douglas gets traded this summer).
    Rather have the pablo Pirgioni guy we were looking at



    he seems decent

  10. #10
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Rather have the pablo Pirgioni guy we were looking at



    he seems decent
    Absolutely if we could get him for the min I'm all for it. Dude has nice orchestrating skills & excellent court vision based on those clips. How's his defense?

  11. #11
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    Absolutely if we could get him for the min I'm all for it. Dude has nice orchestrating skills & excellent court vision based on those clips. How's his defense?
    We're full at the point for once lmao

  12. #12
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    Absolutely if we could get him for the min I'm all for it. Dude has nice orchestrating skills & excellent court vision based on those clips. How's his defense?
    I have no clue lol, but its probably $hitty!! i'd give him vet min to be an insurance back pg in case Lin or Kidd get hurt

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    We're full at the point for once lmao
    If Lin goes down were $HIT@ pg again lol id honestly still do the S&T for Felton and play him @ the 2 next to Lin similar to what Denver did with Lawson and Felton or play kidd and Lin and have Felton come off the bench with JR. This way we save our MLE and can maybe go after camby or do we not have enough space for all that lol
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 05, 2012 at 19:50.

  13. #13
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    A.I isnt mature enough to except not getting consistent minutes, he will pout and cause friction in the locker room...but if he was mature he wouldve been had a team by now.

  14. #14
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,001
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    A.I isnt mature enough to except not getting consistent minutes, he will pout and cause friction in the locker room...but if he was mature he wouldve been had a team by now.
    He's said numerous times he wants to come back in any capacity. Also he's friends with Melo and never had a problem with a teammate. It's the media that makes it worse. I mean sheesh, the media and others say players and teams are done and get proven wrong year after year.

    This isn't a bottom seed team looking to rebuild, this is a team who is in win now mode. So take what you feel is a risk on a non-guaranteed contract.

  15. #15
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,486
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    I loved AC when he played for us. We're not gonna need him once Lin's re-signed, however.

    I'll never forget when he swatted Wade's jumper in that huge, Billups' massive 3 win in Miami last year.


Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo Anthony Chronicle
    By Cuckoo in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: May 05, 2012, 06:20
  2. Carmelo Anthony is not an elite player
    By phantom9000 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2012, 21:52
  3. Ian Begley on twitter about Carmelo Fitting In
    By c0leworld in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2012, 13:34
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 10:41
  5. Isn't funny how...
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2008, 16:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •