Anthony Carter

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
When he played for us, he was solid on both ends of the court. Would we need to spend three million on Felton when we could get AC's versatility for the vet. min?

We have options, people. AC, Iverson, and whoever else can fill our needs without using the mini-MLE/MLE or whatever. Camby should be our number one priority now unless we can somehow get someone such as Mayo.

Heck, Bibby was solid at the end of our season.

I ask this in all seriousness, why are there so many friggin PGs in the NBA that are a million years old. Other teams are rollin our CP3 and Westbrook and the best free agent options to put up against them all seem to be picked straight from the AARP catalog this offseason.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I ask this in all seriousness, why are there so many friggin PGs in the NBA that are a million years old. Other teams are rollin our CP3 and Westbrook and the best free agent options to put up against them all seem to be picked straight from the AARP catalog this offseason.
Who cares about their age? That's what our younger stars at the other positions are for.

Who cares about their age? That's what our younger stars at the other positions are for.

AC for example, used to be a real solid basketball player, but at age 37 he's coming off a season where he played in less than 25 games and averaged about 9 minutes per those games. Age is not the only issue, but it is an issue.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
AC for example, used to be a real solid basketball player, but at age 37 he's coming off a season where he played in less than 25 games and averaged about 9 minutes per those games. Age is not the only issue, but it is an issue.
But did it have anything to do with him not being able to play? Toronto could have been giving their younger players time. I don't know.

D'Antoni sure as heck made the wrong decision in not giving him big minutes last Playoffs when Billups went down. He should have been starting, which was proven when he was put in and played great in the second half of game 4 and was a big part in keeping it close.

But did it have anything to do with him not being able to play? Toronto could have been giving their younger players time. I don't know.

D'Antoni sure as heck made the wrong decision in not giving him big minutes last Playoffs when Billups went down. He should have been starting, which was proven when he was put in and played great in the second half of game 4 and was a big part in keeping it close.

I totally agree about D'Antoni screwing up huge by not even trying to play his only remaining back-up PG on the bench until the series was essentially over. I still have PTSD over having to watch Roger Mason Jr. try to run the offense in that playoff series. Friggin D'Antoni.

STAT1

Starter
AC would be a decent veteran's min acquisition to replace Bibby as our 3rd string PG (this is if Toney Douglas gets traded this summer).

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Absolutely if we could get him for the min I'm all for it. Dude has nice orchestrating skills & excellent court vision based on those clips. How's his defense?
I have no clue lol, but its probably $hitty!! i'd give him vet min to be an insurance back pg in case Lin or Kidd get hurt

We're full at the point for once lmao
If Lin goes down were $HIT@ pg again lol id honestly still do the S&T for Felton and play him @ the 2 next to Lin similar to what Denver did with Lawson and Felton or play kidd and Lin and have Felton come off the bench with JR. This way we save our MLE and can maybe go after camby or do we not have enough space for all that lol

Last edited:
A.I isnt mature enough to except not getting consistent minutes, he will pout and cause friction in the locker room...but if he was mature he wouldve been had a team by now.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
A.I isnt mature enough to except not getting consistent minutes, he will pout and cause friction in the locker room...but if he was mature he wouldve been had a team by now.
He's said numerous times he wants to come back in any capacity. Also he's friends with Melo and never had a problem with a teammate. It's the media that makes it worse. I mean sheesh, the media and others say players and teams are done and get proven wrong year after year.

This isn't a bottom seed team looking to rebuild, this is a team who is in win now mode. So take what you feel is a risk on a non-guaranteed contract.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I loved AC when he played for us. We're not gonna need him once Lin's re-signed, however.

I'll never forget when he swatted Wade's jumper in that huge, Billups' massive 3 win in Miami last year.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Crazy⑧s;240178 said:
I loved AC when he played for us. We're not gonna need him once Lin's re-signed, however.

I'll never forget when he swatted Wade's jumper in that huge, Billups' massive 3 win in Miami last year.

Sick. That's what I call great defense.