Kidd to Knicks

tiger0330

Legend
The Rox traded Lowry to the Raptors, Dragic went to the Suns. With our interest in Felton and Kidd, it's lining up that we lose Lin to the Rockets.

munco

Benchwarmer
u still dont get it....the last team anyone expected to win a Title was the Dallas Mavs. Whatever Kidd's stats were the year he won the Title does not matter, Kidds job was to get his teammates "Gellin & co-existin" as a winning team....they dont give stats on that.

We need Kidd's service to get Stat & Melo to co-exist in a lineup together, plus stop Stat & Tyson Chandler from positioning themselves backwards on offense/defense .... Kidd will teach Lin how to get Melo to start moving without the ball, plus to not let Melo get a touch on every offensive possession. TD & Shump passing game need a lot of Kidds help.

I do get it. You're not getting me. I said it makes sense for a team that's contending. If we were just missing Kidd's leadership it's a great move. Otherwise it's not the huge move everyone seems to think. I don't think it's a bad move but I also don't thin it's this amazing move that a lot of people on this board believe.

Paul1355

All Star
The Rox traded Lowry to the Raptors, Dragic went to the Suns. With our interest in Felton and Kidd, it's lining up that we lose Lin to the Rockets.

the offer was 5 mil the first 2 years and then 9 mil in year 3 and then prob 11 mil in year 4 that is a team option....Knicks can match that easily.

Do you really think Dolan cares about luxury tax penalties when Lin generates so much money off the court?

Lin SHOULD be a Knick, if he isnt then there is something wrong with management.

STAT1

Starter
This is good, maybe great.

Tyson will definitely be getting those lobs.

Yup. I'm excited about this move, J Kidd mentoring him is exactly what Jeremy Lin needs to develop into a complete PG. I think he's still got something left in the tank. Dunno what he'll have left in year 3, but I really could care less at the dollars we get him for it's a deal we had to make. Now we need to shift our attention on getting Tyson a quality backup C. Do we have anything left to sign Camby?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Yup. I'm excited about this move, J Kidd mentoring him is exactly what Jeremy Lin needs to develop into a complete PG. I think he's still got something left in the tank. Dunno what he'll have left in year 3, but I really could care less at the dollars we get him for it's a deal we had to make. Now we need to shift our attention on getting Tyson a quality backup C. Do we have anything left to sign Camby?

if we can work the kidd deal into a s&t, then we'd keep our MLE of 3.09 mill. we could then offer that to Camby who may take that offer and back up Chandler would give us a nice backup C

STAT1

Starter
if we can work the kidd deal into a s&t, then we'd keep our MLE of 3.09 mill. we could then offer that to Camby who may take that offer and back up Chandler would give us a nice backup C

Interesting options. Dallas might as well work out a S&T & get back SOMETHING for J Kidd. Even Toney Douglas & a 2nd round pick is better than nothing, right? Well, maybe not. :cool:

If we end this offseason with Lin, Novak & JR Smith resigned along with Jason Kidd & Marcus Camby (or someone like Kenyon Martin), I'll count it a pretty big success considering what we had to work with to get all those pieces in place.

And another underrated quality about Kidd is that he is not a major mismatch when defending taller players because of his quick hands, strength and IQ. He gave Durant tough times and in the 2011 Finals he gave LeBron some trouble also.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
the offer was 5 mil the first 2 years and then 9 mil in year 3 and then prob 11 mil in year 4 that is a team option....Knicks can match that easily.

Do you really think Dolan cares about luxury tax penalties when Lin generates so much money off the court?

Lin SHOULD be a Knick, if he isnt then there is something wrong with management.

He will be! No question. Houston's offer was what I was hoping Lin'd take.

That's gold, Gerry! ****ing gold.

What's the deal with Felton now?

Pearl15

Rookie
The best part about Kidd is the respect he gets. You saw how a champion in Tyson Chandler changed the whole Knicks culture even without training camp.

Chandler is a champ, a champ with Kidd. One champ got tons of respect in the locker room. How much respect do two champs get? They know what it takes to win. They will garner respect, and Kidd will get all of the Knicks on the same page, and hopefully will teach Lin how to be more versatile to become the best PG he can be.

I like the signing cause Kidd can help out our young guards in Shumpert and Lin. Hopefully we can do a sign and trade and unload Toney Douglas on Dallad...hey better him than nothing at all. Always had to respect Kidd game not way we could have gone with a Bibby type again. I wished we could have sign Felton back but Kidd is a better fit and will get the floor spread and take make the pick and roll work with Chandler and Amare.

STAT1

Starter
And another underrated quality about Kidd is that he is not a major mismatch when defending taller players because of his quick hands, strength and IQ. He gave Durant tough times and in the 2011 Finals he gave LeBron some trouble also.

Kidd is still a VERY good post defender. Where he struggles now is against young, quicker guards on the perimeter. His lateral movement is not anywhere near where it used to be. This makes it all the more imperative for us to now target a quality shotblocking C to backup Tyson Chandler. Marcus Camby needs to be our focus now. If not him, then a tough gritty defensive frontcourt player like K-Mart would be a nice alternative.

Pearl15

Rookie
It Will Be Done

No way they don't match the Rockets offer.

And as far as Kidd, his foul on Lin might've been what led to the knee surgery. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQVPCYblJ5U

No way they won't sign Lin. That luxary cap number will be a drop in the bucket to how much the Knicks will make in marketing Lin. Lin uniforms. Lin MSG show, Chinese-American night, Nerd night, national broadcast games. They will make that money back tenfold just this year with a full year of Linsanity.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
AxFZ1S9CAAE9JcW.jpg:large

KingCharles34

All Star
No need to bring Felton back here as a 3rd string point guard. Now all we need is to sign Camby and we're good but i think Jeremy Lin and Amarknee are the x factors as to how far we go. I have more confidence in the one who i I spoke of first, but nothings a guarantee. Anyone who accurately predicts Lins stats for next season should get green repped by every poster on this board

If Lin does effectively hold down the starting PG position Id like to see Kidd get minutes at the 2 guard at least until Shump comes back. Kidds defense is underrated, we will have a better team next year. But i dont know if we'll be able to beat the Heat or Bumston in a playoff series, those 2 teams will be tough and potentially the Nets if they get Dwight.

Pricey

Rotation player
Listening to ESPN New York right now and im embarrassed by the Knick fans calling in bagging this signing and their reasons

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Good to see our man back on the site.

No need to bring Felton back here as a 3rd string point guard. Now all we need is to sign Camby and we're good but i think Jeremy Lin and Amarknee are the x factors as to how far we go. I have more confidence in the one who i I spoke of first, but nothings a guarantee. Anyone who accurately predicts Lins stats for next season should get green repped by every poster on this board

You should kick off that statistical predictions thread, KS3.....:cool: