Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kidd to Knicks

Originally Posted by htr10
    He's coming here to be a back-up, so minutes played is not an issue. As far as his stats last year, they've definitely tailed off, but take a look at what he did to close out last year and in the playoffs. He can still give quality minutes when the need is there. As far as his shooting, it is what it is, but he's not coming here to take too many shots. Biggest plus with Kidd is that despite getting up there in years, he still can play some defense (steals have remained pretty good as well).
    I agree he's not expected to and shouldn't play big minutes but I'm a bit baffled by the reactions on the board. I think he can still contribute, but I don't think this is a great move for the Knicks at this point. If we were one solid playmaker away I think it's a good move but we're not. He'd make a great addition to a team like Miami or OKC but we need guys that can make major contributions now.

The value that he'll bring is overstated imo. He brought 6 points and 5 assists a game last year in 30 minutes shooting 36%. He'll probably play 15 to 20 minutes for us and give us 4 points and 4 assists a game. I don't see why guys are so excited.

Superstar

stop comparing nash to kidd. kidds contribution is to balance our team full of knickleheads (knuckleheads) show leadership and a competitive fire so they dont take plays off MOST IMPORTANTLY not make mistakes! which gives the other team extra possesions. take a look at how many close games we lost and those games we may have gotten 10 takeaways and had 25 turnovers, thats 15 extra possesions the team got more then us and barely won the game. if anybody was satisfied with baron davis contributions then they will love kidd because at this stage he will do exactly what diddy did for minus the mistakes and turnovers. great signing!

Veteran

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    Unlike nash, kidd is a cheaper and better defensive player who is willing to take a backseat to lin. Unlike nash, kidd is a champion who has so much more postseason experience than nash. Not saying i wouldnt take nash over kidd but this is the smarter signing.

Its a no brainer .... young or ole Kidd has always shine over Nash in every capacity of the game. All Kidd's backups and SG tandems improve their talents with Kidd leading the team.
    Stat will play all 82 games with Kidd on the roster.
    Melo will accept Kidd's halfcourt offense at moving without the ball when his fg % stay above 50% during the season.
    Kidd will let Shump know all about the healing process of ACL tear.

Originally Posted by munco
    I agree he's not expected to and shouldn't play big minutes but I'm a bit baffled by the reactions on the board. I think he can still contribute, but I don't think this is a great move for the Knicks at this point. If we were one solid playmaker away I think it's a good move but we're not. He'd make a great addition to a team like Miami or OKC but we need guys that can make major contributions now.

The value that he'll bring is overstated imo. He brought 6 points and 5 assists a game last year in 30 minutes shooting 36%. He'll probably play 15 to 20 minutes for us and give us 4 points and 4 assists a game. I don't see why guys are so excited.
    PROS outweigh the CONS

PROS

-may be old but still one of the best floor Generals at the PG position

-You know he'll make the right plays

-Tyson Chandler & KIDD reunion

-Plays Defense

-Underrated Rebounder

-He's in shape

-Pass 1st type PG coming off your bench

-Can still push the Tempo

-Can spread the floor

-Future HALL OF FAMER

-Great Mentor for Lin

-Knows what it takes to win

CONS

-he's 39 years old

-Coming off a (NOT SO HOT SEASON)

If you look at the MAVS last season that team was crap from the start, even dirk had a bad season. The odom Drama + coming off a championship that team was on cruise mode as if they didn't really care about the season. Your not looking for KIDD to log in many mins but kidd as a plan B off the bench as your PG, thats not to shabby
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 05, 2012 at 17:00.

Veteran

Have a lot of you guys seen JKidd play in the last few years? He plays like a very old man at this point.

The last two seasons he shot 36%. I repeat 36%.
    Last year he averaged 6.2 PPG and 5.5 APG in 29 minutes.
    That's not to mention how easy it is to get past him at this point in his career.

He can play some backup minutes but adding him won't help much at all.

Ha Ha Ha ..... u know nothin about Basketball....
    Jason Kidd is a coach/leader/and a PG who design his own plays with teammates.
    Plus Kidd is great at developing bench role-players.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    Good signing. If Lin leaves at least we will have someone to play PG apart from Toney Douglas.
    Alan Hahn: With Knicks making it abundantly clear they plan to match anything offered to Jeremy Lin, suitors might start focusing elsewhere. #Patience about 6 minutes ago

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Lastseason NBA schedule was built for young college players only .. cut it out.

First and foremost, Kidd is a great defender, seven times NBA all-defensive team. Great pick up! Props to Grunnie for making this happen!

Oh. We got him?

Cool!

Veteran

Kidd brings:

Defense (he can still defend at this age, which is incredible).

Leadership (He is a CHAMPION).

Playmaking/mentoring for Jeremy Lin (I don't want Raymond Felton anywhere near this team).

Good signing for us. Now the question is...shooting guard?

Anybody know if we can still do a Sign&Trade + still keep the MLE now?

Um this guy is 39 . . . horrible signing.

Kidd = Billups = Davis

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Ha Ha Ha ..... u know nothin about Basketball....
    Jason Kidd is a coach/leader/and a PG who design his own plays with teammates.
    Plus Kidd is great at developing bench role-players.
    I know he's a good floor leader and still a smart veteran, but I'm also not drinking the kool-aid that a lot of you guys are. A guy that gives you 5 points and 5 assists on 35% shooting a game is not going to be a huge difference maker for us. Also consider the fact he'll be playing even less minutes and will be a year older. He provides good veteran leadership but we need a lot more than that if we want to compete for a title.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Lastseason NBA schedule was built for young college players only .. cut it out.
    Nash did fine and he's older. Did you see Kidd's stats the year before?
    He's a great floor leader and a great piece when you have a championship caliber team but we're still a player or two away so this isn't a great move for us to get older.