Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kidd to Knicks

No need to bring Felton back here as a 3rd string point guard. Now all we need is to sign Camby and we're good but i think Jeremy Lin and Amarknee are the x factors as to how far we go. I have more confidence in the one who i I spoke of first, but nothings a guarantee. Anyone who accurately predicts Lins stats for next season should get green repped by every poster on this board

If Lin does effectively hold down the starting PG position Id like to see Kidd get minutes at the 2 guard at least until Shump comes back. Kidds defense is underrated, we will have a better team next year. But i dont know if we'll be able to beat the Heat or Bumston in a playoff series, those 2 teams will be tough and potentially the Nets if they get Dwight.

Listening to ESPN New York right now and im embarrassed by the Knick fans calling in bagging this signing and their reasons

Default Good to see our man back on the site.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    No need to bring Felton back here as a 3rd string point guard. Now all we need is to sign Camby and we're good but i think Jeremy Lin and Amarknee are the x factors as to how far we go. I have more confidence in the one who i I spoke of first, but nothings a guarantee. Anyone who accurately predicts Lins stats for next season should get green repped by every poster on this board
    You should kick off that statistical predictions thread, KS3.....

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
    well looky here: “@HowardBeckNYT: Also in my story tonight: Knicks trying to arrange sign/trade for Kidd. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
    #Knicks spent lot of day working on sign and trade with Dallas to preserve mini midlevel but couldn't complete. Confident though.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    everybody talks about the 'Mentor' for Lin, are you kidd-ing me???

Jason is a beast, at 39, he is still a better passer then half of the league, plus, he has great chemistry with Mr perfect %FG Tyson.

Amare? should bloom with him, Melo? more cuts & slashes and he will get easy buckets, all this with Lin and Kidd sharing 15-20 Min will be bless to us Knicks fans.
    A good and experienced PG need to make all the roster to co-exist, a good coach need to give good instruction in order the team to co-exist, right now, we have 2/2.

Yes Amare must improve on both sides of the floor, but, if we get ourselves average/good supporting PF(defensive mind) it will awesome team, even without top ten SG, team that relays on its front-court doesn't have to bring to the table SG superstar, we have SF superstar, and rising PG, just make the passes to Tyson/Amare, Melo will come from screens, and we are good to go

Superstar

This makes me very happy.

I have been saying all along he would be much better for this team than Nash, even though nash is a better player at this point

Kidd is more flexible. he can play the 2, play some slightly ok defense, is willing to come off the bench, costs less, and we don't have to make our already thin guard lineup even thinner by trading shump to get him.

Now go Get either Camby, or Mayo and LETS GOOOO

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Great pickup. Veteran pickup and I think J Kidd has a little tread left on those tires. I thought Kidd was just using the Knicks for leverage, but I guess NY by way of Dallas is the new pipeline. Shows our boys are serious. Can't wait to see how Woody stirs this drink. Hate to tell ya Lin fans, but Linsanity in NYC is over.
    LOL at a 39 who's on the decline will be the new knicks sensation, like the hero Baron Davis?

P-Jax was right, what a clumsy team, what a joke.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    This makes me very happy.

I have been saying all along he would be much better for this team than Nash, even though nash is a better player at this point

Kidd is more flexible. he can play the 2, play some slightly ok defense, is willing to come off the bench, costs less, and we don't have to make our already thin guard lineup even thinner by trading shump to get him.

Now go Get either Camby, or Mayo and LETS GOOOO
    Kidd doesn't play defense, his wife did.

Originally Posted by GoKnicks!
    Kidd doesn't play defense, his wife did.

Superstar

Just the fact that a player of Kidd's calibre and history joins the Knicks is great news from many perspectives. Whether it's experience, ability, or mentoring, Kidd can deliver. What I am unsure of is whether the Knicks should meet Houston's offer for Lin. If they do, it will be mainly from a commercial standpoint as Lin is still too unproven in this league to warrant such a contract. Kidd will turn out to be a valuable addition. His age is irrelevant if one considers he was locking Wade out of the paint this time last year.

Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman 27m #Knicks-Dallas still hammering out sign-and-trade today to preserve mid-level but Kidd will be a Knick nyp.st/N1qiJT

Very happy about this signing. Having Jason Kidd finish up his career with the New York Knicks is quite the honor.

Alan Hahn
    Also in NBA Free Agency
    Jason Kidd explained his sudden change of heart from Mavs to Knicks to the Star-Telegram: "They have a lot of pieces, which is intriguing to me. Hopefully, I can fit in." Kidd admitted he woke up Thursday morning set on staying with Dallas, but played a round of golf and then the thought of it "just didn't feel right." He's been on Long Island recently playing golf, we should tell you here. Also, he just bought a place in the Hamptons. Perhaps New York Rangers center Brad Richards, a noted summer Hamptonite, caught up with him?

Alan Hahn
    More Kidd (via Star-Telegram): "It was close . . . I talked to my wife about it and my agent and we all kind of agreed that if you feel like you want to go to New York and try to help them, then you should. So that's the decision we made." Kidd mentioned Jeremy Lin prominently, actually, first, among the "pieces" on the team, along with "Carmelo and Tyson and those guys." He did forget to mention Amar'e Stoudemire. LOL
    about a minute ago