Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kidd to Knicks

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Alan Hahn
    Also in NBA Free Agency
    Jason Kidd explained his sudden change of heart from Mavs to Knicks to the Star-Telegram: "They have a lot of sexy B*tches in New York, which is intriguing to me. Hopefully, I can fit inside them." Kidd admitted he woke up Thursday morning set on staying with Dallas, but played a round of Strip Poker and then the thought of it "just didn't feel right." He's been on Long Island recently playing strip poker with Tina Cervasio, we should tell you here. Also, he just bought a place in the Hamptons. Perhaps New York Rangers center Brad Richards, a noted summer Hamptonite, caught up with him?

Alan Hahn
    More Kidd (via Star-Telegram): "It was close . . . I talked to my wife about it and my agent and we all kind of agreed that if you feel like you want to go to New York and try to help them, then you should. So that's the decision we made." Kidd mentioned Jeremy Lin prominently, actually, first, among the "pieces" on the team, along with "Carmelo and Tyson and those guys." He did forget to mention Amar'e Stoudemire. LOL
    about a minute ago
    Fixed

hey peeps im backkkkk

I will say this for Jason Kidds season last year,

Like alot of veterans as well as prime players, and young players

last season was a farce with regards to output,

there was a lack of production on all fronts,

kevin durant
    Amare
    Kidd
    Wade
    Deron Will
    Howard
    Ray Allen
    Melo

the list goes on of players who struggled through bumps and bruises
    decreased shooting percentages
    inconsistent play on back to back to back nights

I feel like with a legitimate offseason

a legitimate training camp

a legitimate schedule

kidds numbers as well as many others would have been closer to the norm

We also have to remember that jason kidd's percentages through out his career were always predicated on finishers

i.e. kenyon martin, vince carter, richard jefferson, Tyson chandler, Danny manning Cliffing robinson etc etc etc

last year the only solid finishers were a declining vince carter, a declining shawn marion, and a relegated to jump shooting dirk , who admittedly stated the offseason killed him in terms of coming into the season in shape

I foreshadow the old man being able to savy his way into 8 assists a game starting or not starting with a plethora of finishers i.e jr smith, melo, amare, chandler, and when shumpert comes back, having some one running the wing with kidd will only enhance what he can do

36 pct shooting turns into 42 pct shooting at the fg range and tp range as kidd will not have to bail out possessions by taking last second shots, he will always find a weapon, always.

pick and roll with melo, putting melo in position in the post, pick and roll with chandler, pick and roll with amare, drive and kick with smith.

the bottom line is kidd will demand the respect of the coach to run the offense through his eyes, and that will only help lin learn how to do the same

this is a win win, and for 3 million a year and keep shumpert, I believe the knicks will finish with a better record than the lakers this year.

we have an old pg with a bunch of weapons in their prime

as opposed to the lakers have an old pg with a bunch of old weapons past their prime ( I know kobes numbers are solid, but during the playoffs it was evident the man isnt what he used to be, if his jump shot is a little bit off the team struggles incredibly).

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Positives
    1. No Felton in NYC; meaning a inefficient out of shape overrated PG who's built for medicority.
    2. J-Kidd is a great defender and rebounder. Having him at PG and Chandler at C will solidfy and lead our defense to a top 3 level of play.
    3. J-Kidd's passing ability is still there. I feel like he can average 7-9 assist for us, and 4-6 points.
    4. Leadership. J-Kidd plays championship type basketball. No wreckless turnovers, selfish play, and chucking. He leads by examples and guides others to work like him.
    5. The price of the contract is fair.

Negatives
    1. Can Kidd arrise and make a comeback season after having his worst season in the NBA?
    2. Kidd is the oldest guard in the NBA right now, how will that impact his level of play?
    3. Kidd is a former Net and Knick killer, one of the Knicks most hated players along with Keyon Martin and Richard Jefferson. Can the TRUE Knick fans move on from the past and can J-Kidd turn the hate into love with his play?

I'm not in love with this signing but I don't hate it either. I can also see him finishing close games for us. That's when Woodson could really use his basketball IQ.

Overall, I think him being here gets us a few more wins just by limiting bad plays in the 4th qtr.

Originally Posted by JS3
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    everybody talks about the 'Mentor' for Lin, are you kidd-ing me???

Jason is a beast, at 39, he is still a better passer then half of the league, plus, he has great chemistry with Mr perfect %FG Tyson.

Amare? should bloom with him, Melo? more cuts & slashes and he will get easy buckets, all this with Lin and Kidd sharing 15-20 Min will be bless to us Knicks fans.
    A good and experienced PG need to make all the roster to co-exist, a good coach need to give good instruction in order the team to co-exist, right now, we have 2/2.

Yes Amare must improve on both sides of the floor, but, if we get ourselves average/good supporting PF(defensive mind) it will awesome team, even without top ten SG, team that relays on its front-court doesn't have to bring to the table SG superstar, we have SF superstar, and rising PG, just make the passes to Tyson/Amare, Melo will come from screens, and we are good to go
    psst. 5 and 5. He's done. Tricked Glenn into giving him a retirement account.

Superstar

Great pickup. Essentially 3 mil a year for Lin to get an apprenticeship from one of the all time smartest PGs.

Shump can handle defending the speedy PGs and JKidd can shift over to defending the SG or small SFs.

Am I the only one ecstatic that we didn't give away Shump for a ridiculous Nash contract?

Now... if Magic were willing to take Amare/Tyson for Dwight. That would make things very interesting.

Originally Posted by iJoe
    Great pickup. Essentially 3 mil a year for Lin to get an apprenticeship from one of the all time smartest PGs.

Shump can handle defending the speedy PGs and JKidd can shift over to defending the SG or small SFs.

Am I the only one ecstatic that we didn't give away Shump for a ridiculous Nash contract?

Now... if Magic were willing to take Amare/Tyson for Dwight. That would make things very interesting.
    lin. kidd
    shump. smith
    ?. novak
    melo. jefferies
    howard. jorts

hmmm

BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHUMP!!!! We forgot all about our studs birthday on June 26.

Originally Posted by iJoe

I can't believe you included Tyson in a trade idea, even if it was for dwight. The man deserves his props after how he turned our defense around.

Dont skip past this post, read it!

Does everyone remember how solid our offense was with Billups at the point (2nd in the league)? Alot of that was due to his leadership, calling out players and directing Melo, Amare and our shooters around the floor for open shots. While Kidd doesn't bring the same offensive prowess as Billups, he has all the leadership tools and more to smooth out our offensive flow.

Last season was a nightmare schedule for veterans and Dallas ran Kidd into the floor with 36min per night. And HE STILL stepped up his numbers when it mattered, the playoff's. With more rest, and the focus on running the offense and only having to hit the open shot, he will thrive in our lineup and ensures we have a solid defender through the 1-5 positions.

You know what's great about our team this offseason? We aren't relying on one factor to change our season i.e. praying Melo/Amare will mesh, praying Tyson fits it, hoping Fields can go from scrub to borderline all star. This season everyone is chipping in to improve our team:

1. Melo is committed to getting into optimal shape this offseason and has reportedly lost 12 pounds.

2. Amare is working with Olajuwon to improve his low post moves & defense around the post. Others who worked with Olajuwon showed great improvement in these areas. Taking LEGITIMATE steps to balancing our spacing & offense while defeating some of our chemistry issues. Tyson may attend too.

3. There is a photo circulating on here that Tyson has been working with Jerome Jordan & Jorts this offseason helping to improve their game.

4. Kidd has come here stating he doesn't mind which role he is put in and wants to work as a mentor with Lin. Great move by Grunwald to improve our depth at PG and will help our offense & spacing issues.

5. JR Smith has stated he is committed to working on improving his defense & ball handling skills this offseason, whe has he EVER said anything like this.

6. Lin is a lock to return and has been working hard on his shot and other aspects of his game.

Obviously Woodson has been doing the rounds with our players and it is great to see for once that several members of our team are taking proactive steps to improve our team.

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street

Does everyone remember how solid our offense was with Billups at the point (2nd in the league)? Alot of that was due to his leadership, calling out players and directing Melo, Amare and our shooters around the floor for open shots. While Kidd doesn't bring the same offensive prowess as Billups, he has all the leadership tools and more to smooth out our offensive flow.

Last season was a nightmare schedule for veterans and Dallas ran Kidd into the floor with 36min per night. And HE STILL stepped up his numbers when it mattered, the playoff's. With more rest, and the focus on running the offense and only having to hit the open shot, he will thrive in our lineup and ensures we have a solid defender through the 1-5 positions.

You know what's great about our team this offseason? We aren't relying on one factor to change our season i.e. praying Melo/Amare will mesh, praying Tyson fits it, hoping Fields can go from scrub to borderline all star. This season everyone is chipping in to improve our team:

1. Melo is committed to getting into optimal shape this offseason and has reportedly lost 12 pounds.

2. Amare is working with Olajuwon to improve his low post moves & defense around the post. Others who worked with Olajuwon showed great improvement in these areas. Taking LEGITIMATE steps to balancing our spacing & offense while defeating some of our chemistry issues. Tyson may attend too.

3. There is a photo circulating on here that Tyson has been working with Jerome Jordan & Jorts this offseason helping to improve their game.

4. Kidd has come here stating he doesn't mind which role he is put in and wants to work as a mentor with Lin. Great move by Grunwald to improve our depth at PG and will help our offense & spacing issues.

5. JR Smith has stated he is committed to working on improving his defense & ball handling skills this offseason, whe has he EVER said anything like this.

6. Lin is a lock to return and has been working hard on his shot and other aspects of his game.

Obviously Woodson has been doing the rounds with our players and it is great to see for once that several members of our team are taking proactive steps to improve our team.

GREAT POST SHUMP ST!

But the Nets got Joe Johnson and Teletovic

Landry is going to be an 11 and 7 guy again in Toronto

Shumpert may never be the same again so we should move him for a 38 year old point guard

Lets just call it quits and rebuild

do I sound like a Knicks fan.....wait all this is Melo's fault

all jokes aside thats why I wish we never picked up Billups' option, just signed Tyson used Billups' bird rights and re-signed him, still took Novak and JR....likely means no Lin though but still we have Turiaf and our cash exception to make a move at the deadline and who knows what our team would look like

Kidd will provide everything not measured in numbers like Tyson does. Leadership goes a long way

Can't wait.

Veteran

I would rather have Lin, Fields, Novak, under Kidds leadership.
    The ISO-Melo offense is out the window once Kidd enter the lockerroom.
    another recall of when Billups became a Denver Nuggets.
    If Kidd have any say-so JR.Smith will not be a Knicks next season .. I got my money on it.

Kidd is powerful and he can have a positive effect but he is very old compared to the much younger billups in Denver.

I think you should start kidd over Lin so that kidd will have to set the tone, then Lin.comes in and plays 34 minutes for you

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2