Kidd to Knicks

Kiyaman

Legend
Can you physically make a post without having a shot at this.

From 1 to 10 .......
I played to much B.ball in my life not to notice how one player could make a team a 10+ team, or a 2+ team.

In the Knicks past two seasons .. I watched Amare & Felton .. Amare & Melo .. Tyson & Lin .. and Melo & Smith.
ShumpStreet....u need to do the math.

Having Jason Kidd on the Knicks is priceless.......
I watched same-page PG-Jason Kidd as a rookie on the Mavs give out 20 dimes in one game. I watch Jason Kidd restructure the Phoenix Suns with Mcdyess, then Marion, and then went to New Jersey Nets to restructure a top 3 Lottery Nets team into a consecutive FINALS team.

Hypothetically speaking......
We all suspect D.Wade as the person that recruited Bosh & Lebron to the Miami Heats.
It shouldnt be hard to figure that Billups recruited Kenyon Martin to the Clippers .. or that Melo recruited JR.Smith for the Knicks .. or Tyson Chandler recruited Jason Kidd for the Knicks.
It's Amare turn to recruit a player for the Knicks, before or after Kidd recruit a player for the Knicks.

Paul1355

All Star
From 1 to 10 .......
I played to much B.ball in my life not to notice how one player could make a team a 10+ team, or a 2+ team.

In the Knicks past two seasons .. I watched Amare & Felton .. Amare & Melo .. Tyson & Lin .. and Melo & Smith.

I watched same-page PG-Jason Kidd as a rookie on the Mavs give out 20 dimes in one game. I watch Jason Kidd restructure the Phoenix Suns with Mcdyess, then Marion, and then went to New Jersey Nets to restructure a top 3 Lottery Nets team into a consecutive FINALS team.

We all suspect D.Wade as the person that recruited Bosh & Lebron to the Miami Heats.
It shouldnt be hard to figure that Billups recruited Kenyon Martin to the Clippers .. or that Melo recruited JR.Smith for the Knicks .. or Tyson Chandler recruited Jason Kidd for the Knicks.
It's Amare turn to recruit a player for the Knicks, before or after Kidd recruit a player for the Knicks.

Amare was one of the main reasons why Melo even came here.

And it was Amare that should have brought Steve Nash.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
People underestimate how important Kidd will be to this team.

Once Lin went down last year we had Toney Douglas, Mike Bibby, and a 75% Baron Davis at best.

Davis was inconsistent and was hurt on and off. It took Bibby the whole season to find his shot. Douglas is terrible and needs to be traded.

What this means is we made the playoffs last year with only having Lin for a short amount of time and no legit backup.

Imagine what this team can do with a PG orchestrating the offense. With Lin and Kidd we have two for the whole season.

Think about this people.

On paper it's nice Lin, but still has not played a full season averaging 30 minutes a night. Can he hold up. Kidd had back strains, missing 10-15 games last season, granted we'll have a full training camp to work out the kinks this season. One of the problems the Mavs had pre Kidd was the ability to provide other options to Dirk on the block, thus the GSW debacle. Nellie just tripled the guy, shot clock runs out and boom, upset 8 over 1. Kidd figured all that out, creating more options for Dirk, rather than putting him on the block, they moved him around, either as a catch and shoot or creating at the top, a lot of it was off Kidd and Dirk working together after hours. Given the weapons already with Amare, Melo and Lin, Kidd will figure it out. Defensively Kidd will be fine, the guy has seen it all, he can figure out an offensive set before it is initiated, thus a lot of his steals come in the passing lanes. He's better off the ball as a free safety. On the ball he will get killed. So finding a defensive 2 guard to go alongside Kidd would be huge.

deamon

Benchwarmer
If someone says Nash>Kidd or mention Iverson here, then definitely doesn't know too much about basketball.
Yeah Nash can better shoot, but not pass. Kidd had only about 6 as. per game, because Mavs had a lot of guys who can create and make a dish. Suns had only Nash. And Kidd is good defender, Nash can't play defense even against tree. Jason is still good in defense in crunch time, can play against Kobe or Wade.
Nash is better player for show like ASG, but not to win championship.
But some people will never understand what is most important in basketball, definitely not the numbers.
Kidd: "you don't have to have the big numbers every night, you just need to be consistent. Hopefully, I can be there to talk to him (Lin) and help him out with that."

STAT1

Starter
From 1 to 10 .......

Who recruited Marcus Camby? :smokin:

Paul1355

All Star
On paper it's nice Lin, but still has not played a full season averaging 30 minutes a night. Can he hold up. Kidd had back strains, missing 10-15 games last season, granted we'll have a full training camp to work out the kinks this season. One of the problems the Mavs had pre Kidd was the ability to provide other options to Dirk on the block, thus the GSW debacle. Nellie just tripled the guy, shot clock runs out and boom, upset 8 over 1. Kidd figured all that out, creating more options for Dirk, rather than putting him on the block, they moved him around, either as a catch and shoot or creating at the top, a lot of it was off Kidd and Dirk working together after hours. Given the weapons already with Amare, Melo and Lin, Kidd will figure it out. Defensively Kidd will be fine, the guy has seen it all, he can figure out an offensive set before it is initiated, thus a lot of his steals come in the passing lanes. He's better off the ball as a free safety. On the ball he will get killed. So finding a defensive 2 guard to go alongside Kidd would be huge.

You can worry about injuries all you want....Amare might get hurt againm Tyson might get hurt again who knows

I am assuming there wont be as many injuries because it is not a shortened schedule with back to back to back games which was ridiculous

Lin can play 30 min a night bro, he played like 45 min a night for 3 weeks straight last season during linsanity.

Kidd will figure it out and so will Jeremy because he is too good and having a mentor like Kidd only helps Lin and makes the process run smoother, faster and easier.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
You can worry about injuries all you want....Amare might get hurt againm Tyson might get hurt again who knows

I am assuming there wont be as many injuries because it is not a shortened schedule with back to back to back games which was ridiculous

Lin can play 30 min a night bro, he played like 45 min a night for 3 weeks straight last season during linsanity.

Kidd will figure it out and so will Jeremy because he is too good and having a mentor like Kidd only helps Lin and makes the process run smoother, faster and easier.

I hope I'm wrong, Lin did work hard last offseason to get in better shape after his rookie year with GSW. Hopefully he's over the surgery and is putting in good time in the gym. Kidd and Lin may actually do well in the backcourt at the same time. Lin has that ability to create and get to the cup, take the contact and get to the line, Kidd doesn't do that. Kidd becomes that spot up shooter creating lanes for everyone.

deamon

Benchwarmer
t4nafvi4y3.jpg

elcol

Rotation player
I hope I'm wrong, Lin did work hard last offseason to get in better shape after his rookie year with GSW. Hopefully he's over the surgery and is putting in good time in the gym. Kidd and Lin may actually do well in the backcourt at the same time. Lin has that ability to create and get to the cup, take the contact and get to the line, Kidd doesn't do that. Kidd becomes that spot up shooter creating lanes for everyone.

Lin recovered from surgery during the playoffs and he only got injured due to a compacted season, way to many minutes(now has kidd) and just got tired out he is fine for the season

iSaYughh

Starter
Lol, you wacky ass mofo :lol:

But you speak truth to power. :beer:

edit -- it's a nice, quality signing; but i am honestly disturbed by the chance that this makes Lin not coming back even more of a (albeit remote) potential.

Ups.

Too bad I didn't have the stones to be more explicit at time and say what I really felt -- that Lin would be added to the heap of Walsh, MDA, Gallinari, Chandler, etc.

Kiyaman

Legend
Having Jason Kidd on the Knicks roster at age 39 .. still makes Kidd the BIG MAN on board a small ship.

Kidd's experience n potential could take the Knicks to new heights in the 2012-13 season .. on the court or on the bench.
Its up to Melo .. Melo could be another Kidd & Carter, or Kidd & Dirk.
The Kidd & Stat will be fine.