Knicks - Las Vegas - Summer League on MSG

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The games should well be available for download here. Not live, obviously, you have to download the entire game to your PC.

http://bt.davka.info/

Greece's recent matchup VS Nigeria is on there. Papanikolauo played 24 minutes.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Las Vegas Summer League: Schedule & Roster

Schedule and Roster for the upcoming Vegas Summer league have just been released:

Saturday, July 14 vs. Memphis 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 15 vs. Phoenix 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, July 17 vs. Denver 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, July 19 vs. Toronto 4:00 p.m.
Friday, July 20 vs. Cleveland 4:00 p.m.

All games will be aired by MSG live at 4pm eastern time

more details, here: http://knicksnow.com/videos/1560/knicks-2012-summer-league

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
To add on...Look at the pattern our players all seem to be the "SON" or "BROTHER" of someone else

Alan Hahn
Knicks Summer League roster notables: Douglas, Jordan, Josh Harrellson, Chris Smith (JR's brother), Jeremiah Rivers (Doc's son, Austin's older brother), Walker Russell Jr. (son of Knicks scout, played for Pistons last season), Mychal Thompson (son of former Laker, et al), Mustapha Farrakhan (grandson of Louis Farrakhan and Virginia standout who played in D-League last season).

Last edited:

Pearl15

Rookie
They Are Gonna Need Some More Bodies

To add on...Look at the pattern our players all seem to be the "SON" or "BROTHER" of someone else

Alan Hahn
Knicks Summer League roster notables: Douglas, Jordan, Josh Harrellson, Chris Smith (JR's brother), Jeremiah Rivers (Doc's son, Austin's older brother), Walker Russell Jr. (son of Knicks scout, played for Pistons last season), Mychal Thompson (son of former Laker, et al), Mustapha Farrakhan (grandson of Louis Farrakhan and Virginia standout who played in D-League last season).

With the trade for Camby today and losing Harrelson, Douglas and Jordan in the deal. Great opportunity for these young kids with all these open bench spots.

metrocard

Legend
Chris Smith lived next to me on the 11th @ Manhattan College. I use to be an RA, and he was a suppose to the franchise player at MC. He transferred to Louisville to be a role player. He's a slow guy with virtually no work ethic. Guidos and crappy lacrosse players spent more time in the gym that Chris. We was cool with each other until I bagged a girl he wanted, that when **** split. Either way, He's not about that life, seems like JR Smith did his little brother a favor here.

I'm disappointed in the summer league roster. Not much excitement.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
anyone watching the knicks summer league games? Our roster seems to kind of... suck but

Copeland looks good out there, but he looks kind of sluggish with his movement on defense.

Farrakhan is OK, nothing impressive

JR's brother is Trash, he don't even deserve a summer league spot.

CoolClyde

summertime blues and orange

yeah, i've been watching of course; the most interesting aspect is hearing Clyde and Spero Doodles talk about the current Knicks situation with Alan Hahn and players like JR and Iman. it's always cool to hear Clyde's opinion on the Knicks team, trades, the Lin situation, etc; Spero is great and asks him all the right questions. what a pleasure to hear them. they talk more about the current team than what's happening on the court! hah!

watching the summer league Knicks, however, is kinda disheartening. they all mostly suck, except for Chris Copeland, who's showing he's got game, but White James seems to be out of shape... after dishing for 7 assists in game one, he pretty much disappeared in game 2.

JR Smith's bro is horrid, and won't make the training camp unless he steps up his game big time. the big man Artsiom Parakhouski is not bad, and could make camp just on his size alone.

Everyone else seems to blow: Farrakhan, Withers, Witherspoon, etc - we'll see who makes training camp, but i'm pretty sure no ones gonna make the 2012-2013 team, other than Copeland, who i like.
:gony:

Pearl15

Rookie
Knicks Team Is Brutal

Alan Hahn

Very tough to watch they are horrible and slow on offense and their transition defense is terrible. I do like Copeland. But I have been watching other teams and their players look so much more advance. I like the PG Garrett for Phoenix. His Father played with Walt Frazier.

James White looks horrible. So far in 2 games he is averaging 4ppg with a .25 FG% while playing 22mpg. This is against SL competition, and he is supposed to replace Landry? Not looking good so far.

Chris Smith lived next to me on the 11th @ Manhattan College. I use to be an RA, and he was a suppose to the franchise player at MC. He transferred to Louisville to be a role player. He's a slow guy with virtually no work ethic. Guidos and crappy lacrosse players spent more time in the gym that Chris. We was cool with each other until I bagged a girl he wanted, that when **** split. Either way, He's not about that life, seems like JR Smith did his little brother a favor here.

I'm disappointed in the summer league roster. Not much excitement.

That's funny. I'm an MC alum as well, but more like the days of Luis Flores.

New New York

Quiet Storm
James White looks horrible. So far in 2 games he is averaging 4ppg with a .25 FG% while playing 22mpg. This is against SL competition, and he is supposed to replace Landry? Not looking good so far.

Not that I am sold that White is going to be a rotation player for us, but I think it is a matter of him not really going at it hard in Summer League.

The League he played in was one of the best Euro Leagues so Summer League comp. is not overwhelming.

He missed a routine dunk (for him) during Memphis and I think he's just trying not to get hurt.

Now if he was taking 15 shots per game and his numbers were what they are I'd be concerned.

He is also not a 1 on 1 player (Like Feidls) his points will come on slashes to the hoop and broken plays which neccesitate a good PG which there is none on this Summer League team!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
After two solid summer league games ‪#Knicks‬ signed PF Chris Copeland. Played in Belgium. Thought he was active.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I've subscribed to Summer League pass because I was curious to watch some young players out there, especially Singler, Drummond and Barnes.
As for the Knicks, to be honest, from what I saw in 2 games, I'm pretty disappointed. If James White wants to stick in this league, he MUST show much more, being a good athlete doesn't mean that you're a good basketball player.
About other guys like Smith, Russell, Rivers and so on...I mean, if I was there playing I wouldn't do much worse than them!
How can that bunch be there competing for a spot of an NBA team? I highly doubt that they can play pro-level in Europe, most of them...
But of course, there is always an exception: Copeland.
Even though he was not brilliant, he showed that he can play: he has a nice J, good ball handling and blocks some shots. Apparently he was signed today, don't know if it's a one year deal or what, but I would invite him to camp and see how it goes from there, but don't expect too much things from him, he will not add anything to our roster.
Bobby Simmons anyone?

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
I went to see the game live and white didn't even play. Wtf.

End up to be a decent game. Copeland came alive on the 2nd quarter. He gotta work on his shots.