Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knicks - Las Vegas - Summer League on MSG

Veteran

Yeah, this is one sad as hell summer league team, but it's what happens when you have no draft picks and no youth.

James White looks horrible. So far in 2 games he is averaging 4ppg with a .25 FG% while playing 22mpg. This is against SL competition, and he is supposed to replace Landry? Not looking good so far.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Chris Smith lived next to me on the 11th @ Manhattan College. I use to be an RA, and he was a suppose to the franchise player at MC. He transferred to Louisville to be a role player. He's a slow guy with virtually no work ethic. Guidos and crappy lacrosse players spent more time in the gym that Chris. We was cool with each other until I bagged a girl he wanted, that when **** split. Either way, He's not about that life, seems like JR Smith did his little brother a favor here.

I'm disappointed in the summer league roster. Not much excitement.
    That's funny. I'm an MC alum as well, but more like the days of Luis Flores.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by htr10
    That's funny. I'm an MC alum as well, but more like the days of Luis Flores.
    I got Luis's number in my cell, knows my sister well. He wanted to take up boxing with me but moved to Europe with his wife.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    James White looks horrible. So far in 2 games he is averaging 4ppg with a .25 FG% while playing 22mpg. This is against SL competition, and he is supposed to replace Landry? Not looking good so far.

Not that I am sold that White is going to be a rotation player for us, but I think it is a matter of him not really going at it hard in Summer League.

The League he played in was one of the best Euro Leagues so Summer League comp. is not overwhelming.

He missed a routine dunk (for him) during Memphis and I think he's just trying not to get hurt.

Now if he was taking 15 shots per game and his numbers were what they are I'd be concerned.

He is also not a 1 on 1 player (Like Feidls) his points will come on slashes to the hoop and broken plays which neccesitate a good PG which there is none on this Summer League team!

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
    After two solid summer league games ‪#Knicks‬ signed PF Chris Copeland. Played in Belgium. Thought he was active.

I've subscribed to Summer League pass because I was curious to watch some young players out there, especially Singler, Drummond and Barnes.
    As for the Knicks, to be honest, from what I saw in 2 games, I'm pretty disappointed. If James White wants to stick in this league, he MUST show much more, being a good athlete doesn't mean that you're a good basketball player.
    About other guys like Smith, Russell, Rivers and so on...I mean, if I was there playing I wouldn't do much worse than them!
    How can that bunch be there competing for a spot of an NBA team? I highly doubt that they can play pro-level in Europe, most of them...
    But of course, there is always an exception: Copeland.
    Even though he was not brilliant, he showed that he can play: he has a nice J, good ball handling and blocks some shots. Apparently he was signed today, don't know if it's a one year deal or what, but I would invite him to camp and see how it goes from there, but don't expect too much things from him, he will not add anything to our roster.
    Bobby Simmons anyone?

I went to see the game live and white didn't even play. Wtf.

End up to be a decent game. Copeland came alive on the 2nd quarter. He gotta work on his shots.