If we can't get Marcus Camby, we should go after K-Mart

STAT1

Starter
With J Kidd now in the fold, & his old teammate & good friend Melo already here, I think Kenyon Martin would be looking at the Knicks as a favorable destination. He would add some much needed toughness to this roster, an enforcer on the floor & in the lockerroom. A huge upgrade over someone like Jared Jeffries both in his game & in the other intangibles he would bring to this team.

If we can't get Marcus Camby to sign, I really think K-Mart should be the guy we target to shore up our frontcourt.

IFWT-Stat-Melo-Martin.jpg

Melo-KMart-flying.jpg

t_19614_07.jpg
kidd_martin_smile.jpg

Kenyon-Martin-Clippers-AP.jpg

kenyon-martin.jpg

kmart.jpg

113233886_crop_650x440.jpg

Yeah guys, we need some of that STANK FACE in the Garden!

blog_kenyon_martin.jpg

This man would approve.

Charles-Oakley-Knicks.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Excellent choice of pics! Makes the thread way sweeter. +1age.

I like the idea, and have been wondering about KMart in terms of what he'll garner contractually.

He has every reason to come here.

He and Tyson manning the paint would be harrowing to any PG,SG and SF in the league.

He'd sure as **** expose Amar'e's weaknesses......

Consider me on the bandwagon.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I wouldn't be surprised if they might be able to get K-Mart. I just don't know if they can pull a S&T for him. Do the Clippers have his rights?

No, they do not!

He's still on their cap hold, of course, but they don't have his bird rights.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Think about this, Chandler and Jeffries weren't offensive monsters during Linsanity, but they were huge on defense. We'd have a Linsanity-like squad on our bench with Martin, Camby, and Kidd.

Linsanity:

PG: Lin
PF: Jeffries
C: Chandler

Hell's Kiddtchen:

PG: Jason Kidd
PF: Kenyon Martin
C: Marcus Camby

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
think about this, chandler and jeffries weren't offensive monsters during linsanity, but they were huge on defense. We'd have a linsanity-like squad on our bench with martin, camby, and kidd.

Linsanity:

Pg: Lin
pf: Jeffries
c: Chandler

hell's kiddtchen:

pg: Jason kidd
pf: Kenyon martin
c: Marcus camby

yes!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing is we as fans want them but idk if management is even paying attention at all about where these guys are heading or if they want them on the team. I hope Grunwald doesnt act like this off season is over because we got Kidd, we still have lots of work to do in order to be able to stay in a game against the Heat.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I like the kenyon martin idea, someone pass it on to knicks management please. Already has the chemistry with kid and melo, sounds like a perfect match. Can see him and Chandler holding it down the rebounds too. Oohh and the picture about Oakley agreeing was priceless, good one !

Paul1355

All Star
If we cant get Camby then I would like this move for Martin.

He still has some athleticism and he can hit an open shot while providing toughness, the guy averaged a block a game in 22 min last season.

I would rather have a backup center and never have Amare play center again.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
S&T for Jason sign Kidd

Marcus Camby- MLE 3mill

Resign Jr, Novak, Jeffries, Lin

BAE- Matt Barnes

Vet min-Shawn Williams aka purp<--Blazers in works to buyout

Vet Min- willie green

Lin/Kidd
W.Green (until shump returns) / JR
Melo/Barnes/Novak
Stat/Jeffries/Purp
Chandler/Camby

that team brings defense and offense

Who Guards lebron in the playoffs? MATT BARNES

who guards wade in the playoffs? SHUMP SHUMP

All Defensive Lineup

Shump
Barnes
Jeffries
Camby
Chandler

Floor spacing lineup

Kidd
Jr
Novak
Melo
Purp

Starting Lineup

Lin
Shump
Melo
Stat
Chandler

get it done grunnie.

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
You guys know what I love about K-Mart? It's exactly what made me HATE him whenever he came into the Garden as a NJ Net & used to punk our guys. That smirk on his face after he just induced someone into fouling him out of frustration because of how hard he was guarding them. That NASTY throw down dunk of his off a Jason Kidd dish & the calm stare into the crowd. He is someone that other players hate to play against, & from what I've heard is someone that you would kill to have as a teammate. This team has zero guys who would intimidate anyone, we need a guy like K-Mart on this squad. I think he would make a perfect Knick & harken us back to the good ol' days when we were 1 of the nastiest teams in the NBA to play against with guys like Oakley, Mason & Xavier McDaniel. I miss those days.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I'd love K-Mart on the Knicks! Tough defender who can still go up and frigging dunk the ball, as evidenced by his stint with the Clippers last season.

If we pull this off, Grunwald should look into signing Kerry Kittles and Luscious Harris as well.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You guys know what I love about K-Mart? It's exactly what made me HATE him whenever he came into the Garden as a NJ Net & used to punk our guys. That smirk on his face after he just induced someone into fouling him out of frustration because of how hard he was guarding them. That NASTY throw down dunk of his off a Jason Kidd dish & the calm stare into the crowd. He is someone that other players hate to play against, & from what I've heard is someone that you would kill to have as a teammate. This team has zero guys who would intimidate anyone, we need a guy like K-Mart on this squad. I think he would make a perfect Knick & harken us back to the good ol' days when we were 1 of the nastiest teams in the NBA to play against with guys like Oakley, Mason & Xavier McDaniel. I miss those days.

Agreed.

But to say that Tyson Chandler is not intimidating is absolutely wrong.

STAT1

Starter
Crazy⑧s;240239 said:
Agreed.

But to say that Tyson Chandler is not intimidating is absolutely wrong.

I really don't think he is though. He's way too nice of a guy. He plays with a ton of passion & he hustles his tail off, don't get me wrong, but I don't see the same kind of intimidation factor in him as I do in K-Mart.

STAT1

Starter
I'd love K-Mart on the Knicks! Tough defender who can still go up and frigging dunk the ball, as evidenced by his stint with the Clippers last season.

If we pull this off, Grunwald should look into signing Kerry Kittles and Luscious Harris as well.

LMAO! Ok, let's calm down with the ex-Nets worship here. I've always wanted K-Mart on the Knicks. Can't say the same about any of their other players from those days (except for J Kidd obviously).

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I really don't think he is though. He's way too nice of a guy. He plays with a ton of passion & he hustles his tail off, don't get me wrong, but I don't see the same kind of intimidation factor in him as I do in K-Mart.

Really!?

You can check my Tyson Chandler video for evidence if you'd like.

I think the fact that he held All Star centers well below their season averages begs to differ, as well.