Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If we can't get Marcus Camby, we should go after K-Mart

Originally Posted by STAT1
    You guys know what I love about K-Mart? It's exactly what made me HATE him whenever he came into the Garden as a NJ Net & used to punk our guys. That smirk on his face after he just induced someone into fouling him out of frustration because of how hard he was guarding them. That NASTY throw down dunk of his off a Jason Kidd dish & the calm stare into the crowd. He is someone that other players hate to play against, & from what I've heard is someone that you would kill to have as a teammate. This team has zero guys who would intimidate anyone, we need a guy like K-Mart on this squad. I think he would make a perfect Knick & harken us back to the good ol' days when we were 1 of the nastiest teams in the NBA to play against with guys like Oakley, Mason & Xavier McDaniel. I miss those days.
    Agreed.

But to say that Tyson Chandler is not intimidating is absolutely wrong.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Agreed.

But to say that Tyson Chandler is not intimidating is absolutely wrong.
    I really don't think he is though. He's way too nice of a guy. He plays with a ton of passion & he hustles his tail off, don't get me wrong, but I don't see the same kind of intimidation factor in him as I do in K-Mart.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    I'd love K-Mart on the Knicks! Tough defender who can still go up and frigging dunk the ball, as evidenced by his stint with the Clippers last season.

If we pull this off, Grunwald should look into signing Kerry Kittles and Luscious Harris as well.
    LMAO! Ok, let's calm down with the ex-Nets worship here. I've always wanted K-Mart on the Knicks. Can't say the same about any of their other players from those days (except for J Kidd obviously).

I really don't think he is though. He's way too nice of a guy. He plays with a ton of passion & he hustles his tail off, don't get me wrong, but I don't see the same kind of intimidation factor in him as I do in K-Mart.
    Really!?

You can check my Tyson Chandler video for evidence if you'd like.

I think the fact that he held All Star centers well below their season averages begs to differ, as well.

Amar'e might break the things that could help stop burn down the arena, he's pretty intimidating too.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Really!?

You can check my Tyson Chandler video for evidence if you'd like.

I think the fact that he held All Star centers well below their season averages begs to differ, as well.

I'm not debating his awesome defense. I'm talking more about intimidation factor. It's more of a psychological intimidation that I'm talking about than deterrence of shots in the lane or shotblocking. The type of intimidation that guys would feel about Charles Oakley when they faced off against him. Or X-man. You know those guys weren't gonna take any nonsense from you, & they were the last guy on the court that you would wanna mess with. This is what I'm referring to when I say intimidating. K-Mart has that in him.

5 stars. make it happen.

K-Mart was one of those guys during the Nets playoff days that just pissed me off! Joe Budden lookin mother****er.

Still, I can't deny that he was one of the most athletic defenders and offensive threats at the time. Now? I'm not convinced he'd be able to take the bench role and back up STAT and Tyson. He doesn't really have the size to guard bigger 4/5's and his athleticism is down. I also don't think he'd sign for scraps, tho the temptation to go after a ring in the twilight of his career could be enticing enough.

I'd much rather have Camby who is more of a beast on the boards, a better defender and already talking about the knicks as a possibility.

If I could have them both??? Yes! But that would take some serious Grunwald magic. I'm also concerned about our 2 spot more then back-up PF. Shump will likely be out until 2013 and who knows how well he will rehab, Fields will probably be gone after screwing the Knicks over on the Nash trade w/ the raptors. Which leaves us with inconsistent JR (maybe).

Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson

Marcus Camby (per Houston Chronicle) will meet with Heat on Saturday. He's interested only in the $3 million exception, not vet minimum.

7m Jonathan Feigen Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen

Rockets center Marcus Camby to meet with Heat on Saturday, source said. Knicks next. Rockets unlikely, and not until after Asik decision.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 06, 2012 at 17:18.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    The thing is we as fans want them but idk if management is even paying attention at all about where these guys are heading or if they want them on the team. I hope Grunwald doesnt act like this off season is over because we got Kidd, we still have lots of work to do in order to be able to stay in a game against the Heat.
    Well if the Thunder got blown out 4-1 by the Heat what chance do the Knicks have unless Ewing in his prime travels through time?

If I was on the back end of this I'd be intimidated

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    If I was on the back end of this I'd be intimidated
    That's no flagrant Lebron is such a faker.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    NYK and MIA leaders in comp to land HOU C Marcus Camby with either $3m mini mid or Sign-N-Trade, source tells Y! SA,DAL, HOU also interested

Superstar

Default What do we have left to spend?

If the deal with Kidd does not morph into a sign and trade, what will we have left, besides the vet or player minimums, to spend on anyone else? I know we can give JR a 20% raise. If the Kidd deal is not a sign and trade, do we even have the ability to get someone for $3M?

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    If the deal with Kidd does not morph into a sign and trade, what will we have left, besides the vet or player minimums, to spend on anyone else? I know we can give JR a 20% raise. If the Kidd deal is not a sign and trade, do we even have the ability to get someone for $3M?
    If the deal with Kidd does not turn into a Sign and Trade most likely Kidd will be getting the MLE, but we can still possibly still S&T for Camby or somebody else.

Currently we are trying to get the S&T for Kidd Complete, and then we can focus on luring Camby who said he wont accept any vet Min deals but he will Accept the 3 Mill it's between us and MIA.

The Heat are interested in both Camby and Ray Allen, If they acquire Marcus Camby is Ray allen a lock for us to get? NOPE Boston can offer him more than we can we would be rolling the dice for him. If the Heat Acquire Ray Allen whats our chances of getting Camby? Our Chances become VERY HIGH and more than likely he will be signed with the MLE.