If we can't get Marcus Camby, we should go after K-Mart

Forrest17

Rotation player
We really really need camby.

Tyson played WAY too many minutes last year. And he gets into foul trouble. We are so exposed when he is off the court. Camby would be a perfect back up.

If we can get him and possibly randy foye, resign Lin and Novak, we are set for next season.

Seba

Benchwarmer
On the other hand, getting Camby means no more STAT at center, which might have been good for everyone since he is sucking at 4. :p

I actually prefer Rashard Lewis, but whatever. I'm optimistic regardless

STAT1

Starter
So is he just not visiting with them anymore or is he just delaying the meeting?

Si.com is reporting that he has cancelled his meeting with the Heat

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/07/marcus-camby-knicks-heat-free-agent-miami-new-york/

A crucial point in the Camby sweepstakes is that the Rockets are reportedly willing to execute a sign-and-trade with the Knicks but not the Heat because they are more interested in the Knicks’ potential package, ESPN’s Windhorst reported. That would mean Miami could only offer the veteran-minimum salary of $1.4 million, less than half of what the Knicks could give Camby.

The Miami Herald’s Jackson reported that the Heat have offered Joel Anthony, Norris Cole and a future first-round draft picks to the Rockets. The Knicks could send the expiring contract of point guard Toney Douglas, center Josh Harrelson, and the non-guaranteed contract of Dan Gadzuric, Jackson reported.

Looks like we're now the frontrunners to get him. :thumbsup:

New New York

Quiet Storm
I am surprised by two things The Heat have done

1.Can't believe they keyed in on Ray Allen so much, I mean they have guys who spread the floor like Battier and Mike Miller already so why go so hard at Ray Allen? The whole argument would be his Championship and NBA Finals experience, yet Mike Miller has just as much of both and Battier has more rings, in his Prime Ray Allen was 2 levels above both of these guys, now he's about as good!

Maybe there is a reason why GM's should not give star players everything they ask for during Free Agency!

2.Also surpirsed to see Mia. offering Norris Cole up in a deal for Marcus Camby....this was like us giving up Shump for Nash.

I have said it all along, Camby is a player I would love to see us with

Someone explain why Houston likes our package so much? I guess Jorts and TD (both expiring deals) is ok for an aging Camby

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Currently we would have JR Smith & James White as our SG's until Shump comes back, & Lin could also play some minutes at the 2 when Kidd is at the point. Certainly it would be good to have another SG to add some depth, but the need there is not as dire as our need in our frontcourt. Right now our only backups in the frontcourt are Josh Harrellson & Jerome Jordan. We need Camby or KMart.

I would run Kidd at the 2 with Lin at point because Kidd will drain the trey buckets for you all day, that's all he does.

Forrest17

Rotation player

1.Can't believe they keyed in on Ray Allen so much, I mean they have guys who spread the floor like Battier and Mike Miller already so why go so hard at Ray Allen? The whole argument would be his Championship and NBA Finals experience, yet Mike Miller has just as much of both and Battier has more rings, in his Prime Ray Allen was 2 levels above both of these guys, now he's about as good!

Maybe there is a reason why GM's should not give star players everything they ask for during Free Agency!

I think they just needed more consistency. Battier and Mike Miller were anything but that. They went from on fire, to ice cold far too often. When Ray allen is healthy he is the best at what he does. They only shot I think around 34% from behind the arc last season so they definitely needed an upgrade there.

Plus miller might retire, so you never know.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Getting Tired of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like all of a sudden Billy King is now pursuing Marcus Camby! Don't feel like looking up the source, but we are by now familar with the groupie ways of this team and know it to be true.

I'm not annoyed beacuase I think they will hinder us getting Camby, its just corny that they chase everyone we go after!

Seriously this is some Single White Female Ish man! (look up movie synopsis if you don't know, basically it is the original Stan)

Hey that's ther new name The Brooklyn Stans!

Put a BS on the front of thier Jersey!

Get off our jocks Nets

Getting Tired of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like all of a sudden Billy King is now pursuing Marcus Camby! Don't feel like looking up the source, but we are by now familar with the groupie ways of this team and know it to be true.

I'm not annoyed beacuase I think they will hinder us getting Camby, its just corny that they chase everyone we go after!

Seriously this is some Single White Female Ish man! (look up movie synopsis if you don't know, basically it is the original Stan)

Hey that's ther new name The Brooklyn Stans!

Put a BS on the front of thier Jersey!

Get off our jocks Nets

Hey what can you say its Brooklyn, they go hard.

tumblr_lnm8wczJn91qc36hgo1_500.gif

CoolClyde

Camby cancels cHeat visit

Camby has canceled his visit with the cHeat, since they used their mid-level exception on Jesus Shuttlec*ck. the only way the cHeat can get Camby is with a sign&trade with Houston, with Norris Cole and Jo-el Anthony to offer.

Seems Houston's more interested in Knicks pieces for s&t, being Dan Gazooks, Hairlipson, Toney Dug-ass, and or Jerome Jordan.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...n-gundys-others-reaction-to-allen-pickup.html

however, other teams are now interested in Gumby. dammit.

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
I'd be surprised if Camby chooses another team for the same money. Too many reasons to join us :

Former Knick (knows the deal)
Former teamate of the asst. GM H20(NBA Finals..Unfinished buisness)
Former Teamates of JR and Melo (WC Finals)
Drafted by Grunwald in 1996

That's a hell of a recruiting team.
and oh...

Our team is stacked

Unless he hates one of the above it should be a lock!!! :thumbsup:

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
I think they just needed more consistency. Battier and Mike Miller were anything but that. They went from on fire, to ice cold far too often. When Ray allen is healthy he is the best at what he does. They only shot I think around 34% from behind the arc last season so they definitely needed an upgrade there.

Plus miller might retire, so you never know.

basically this.
and why not add the #1 3point shooter in league history? He's a much bigger threat than miller and battier bc i know ray will make them much more often than those 2. but having all 3 are great. plus miller is really hurt. Miami really can't bank on him again.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Yea k Mart would be q great addition... But is he even available? And would he demand more than the little MLE Of 3 mil which is all we can afford right now...

I'm starting to think camby is a longshot ... We can only afford 3 mill and Miami is gonna offer the same contract he'd be a perfect fit there and he wants his ring .. Damn.

Last edited:

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Miami is out of the running now that they just signed Ray Allen. The Knicks will need to swing a S&T for J Kidd by the 11th so we can have a legit shot at signing Camby.

Damn ray sperm just sold his soul to the devil... Miami just got ALOT better... Were screwed

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer

2.Also surpirsed to see Mia. offering Norris Cole up in a deal for Marcus Camby....this was like us giving up Shump for Nash.

I have said it all along, Camby is a player I would love to see us with

Someone explain why Houston likes our package so much? I guess Jorts and TD (both expiring deals) is ok for an aging Camby

You are out of your mind.. ray Allen is still light years ahead of Miller and barrier... Miller is a statue... Did u even watch the games this year... Ray Allen still runs around screens and finds his spot and can drive to the hole and lay it in or shoot his shot from the outside.... Miami just may have crossed their t,s and dotted their I.s on their dynasty right here... Just as good as Miller" haha... I find it hard to believe u watches the games ... I know Ray was hurt a lot but wen he was in he did all those things mentioned... Did u watch the Boston/mia ....I thought Ray Allen should've been our top priority after Lin

metrocard

Legend
Camby should have never been traded from NY. Over the years in the NBA, he's been elite at rebounding and shot blocking, a good passer for a center and a great teammate. Always playing on a competitive team because of his level of play.

K-Mart is a hated rival, former Nets goon and a punk. I can't stand to see him in a Knicks jersey.

Give me Camby, it cancels Amare out on center, and we'll have a potential Jefferies/Camby/Chandler defensive trio that would give the Knicks the BEST interior defense in the NBA. The paint will be well guarded and we'll have elite perimeter defenders to protect us with Kidd and Shumpert.

We make this move, Knicks easily win 50 games with having a top 2 defense in the NBA. Bookmark this post if I'm wrong.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Jordan Schultz ‏@206Child
Hearing that Marcus Camby sign-and-trade deal to the ‪#Knicks‬ is almost complete; details coming.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Source confirms ‪#Knicks‬ are on verge of acquiring Marcus Camby via sign-and-trade for Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson, Dan Gadzuric, JJordan.

To confirm, if Camby sign-and-trade does go through, the mini mid-level still goes to Jason Kidd yes