Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If we can't get Marcus Camby, we should go after K-Mart

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Currently we would have JR Smith & James White as our SG's until Shump comes back, & Lin could also play some minutes at the 2 when Kidd is at the point. Certainly it would be good to have another SG to add some depth, but the need there is not as dire as our need in our frontcourt. Right now our only backups in the frontcourt are Josh Harrellson & Jerome Jordan. We need Camby or KMart.
    I would run Kidd at the 2 with Lin at point because Kidd will drain the trey buckets for you all day, that's all he does.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Seems Camby really wants to sign with us and will meet with New York Sunday, make it happen Dolan! **** K-Mart.

Superstar

Originally Posted by New New York
    I am surprised by two things The Heat have done

1.Can't believe they keyed in on Ray Allen so much, I mean they have guys who spread the floor like Battier and Mike Miller already so why go so hard at Ray Allen? The whole argument would be his Championship and NBA Finals experience, yet Mike Miller has just as much of both and Battier has more rings, in his Prime Ray Allen was 2 levels above both of these guys, now he's about as good!

Maybe there is a reason why GM's should not give star players everything they ask for during Free Agency!
    I think they just needed more consistency. Battier and Mike Miller were anything but that. They went from on fire, to ice cold far too often. When Ray allen is healthy he is the best at what he does. They only shot I think around 34% from behind the arc last season so they definitely needed an upgrade there.

Plus miller might retire, so you never know.

Getting Tired of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like all of a sudden Billy King is now pursuing Marcus Camby! Don't feel like looking up the source, but we are by now familar with the groupie ways of this team and know it to be true.

I'm not annoyed beacuase I think they will hinder us getting Camby, its just corny that they chase everyone we go after!

Seriously this is some Single White Female Ish man! (look up movie synopsis if you don't know, basically it is the original Stan)

Hey that's ther new name The Brooklyn Stans!

Put a BS on the front of thier Jersey!

Get off our jocks Nets

Getting Tired of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like all of a sudden Billy King is now pursuing Marcus Camby! Don't feel like looking up the source, but we are by now familar with the groupie ways of this team and know it to be true.

I'm not annoyed beacuase I think they will hinder us getting Camby, its just corny that they chase everyone we go after!

Seriously this is some Single White Female Ish man! (look up movie synopsis if you don't know, basically it is the original Stan)

Hey that's ther new name The Brooklyn Stans!

Put a BS on the front of thier Jersey!

Get off our jocks Nets

Hey what can you say its Brooklyn, they go hard.

Default Camby cancels cHeat visit

Camby has canceled his visit with the cHeat, since they used their mid-level exception on Jesus Shuttlec*ck. the only way the cHeat can get Camby is with a sign&trade with Houston, with Norris Cole and Jo-el Anthony to offer.

Seems Houston's more interested in Knicks pieces for s&t, being Dan Gazooks, Hairlipson, Toney Dug-ass, and or Jerome Jordan.

however, other teams are now interested in Gumby. dammit.

I'd be surprised if Camby chooses another team for the same money. Too many reasons to join us :

Former Knick (knows the deal)
    Former teamate of the asst. GM H20(NBA Finals..Unfinished buisness)
    Former Teamates of JR and Melo (WC Finals)
    Drafted by Grunwald in 1996

That's a hell of a recruiting team.
    and oh...

Our team is stacked

Unless he hates one of the above it should be a lock!!!

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    I think they just needed more consistency. Battier and Mike Miller were anything but that. They went from on fire, to ice cold far too often. When Ray allen is healthy he is the best at what he does. They only shot I think around 34% from behind the arc last season so they definitely needed an upgrade there.

Plus miller might retire, so you never know.
    basically this.
    and why not add the #1 3point shooter in league history? He's a much bigger threat than miller and battier bc i know ray will make them much more often than those 2. but having all 3 are great. plus miller is really hurt. Miami really can't bank on him again.

Originally Posted by WillTheThrill

Seems Camby really wants to sign with us and will meet with New York Sunday, make it happen Dolan! **** K-Mart.
    If the Knicks trade Harrelson, Jordan, Douglas and Gadzuric all in the sign and trade then Camby can make up to 6 million. I think that is much more attractive than the vet minimum, even if it is Miami.

Yea k Mart would be q great addition... But is he even available? And would he demand more than the little MLE Of 3 mil which is all we can afford right now...

I'm starting to think camby is a longshot ... We can only afford 3 mill and Miami is gonna offer the same contract he'd be a perfect fit there and he wants his ring .. Damn.
    Last edited by JoHnNyBoXeR; Jul 09, 2012 at 02:38.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Miami is out of the running now that they just signed Ray Allen. The Knicks will need to swing a S&T for J Kidd by the 11th so we can have a legit shot at signing Camby.
    Damn ray sperm just sold his soul to the devil... Miami just got ALOT better... Were screwed

I am surprised by two things The Heat have done

1.Can't believe they keyed in on Ray Allen so much, I mean they have guys who spread the floor like Battier and Mike Miller already so why go so hard at Ray Allen? The whole argument would be his Championship and NBA Finals experience, yet Mike Miller has just as much of both and Battier has more rings, in his Prime Ray Allen was 2 levels above both of these guys, now he's about as good!

Maybe there is a reason why GM's should not give star players everything they ask for during Free Agency!

2.Also surpirsed to see Mia. offering Norris Cole up in a deal for Marcus Camby....this was like us giving up Shump for Nash.

I have said it all along, Camby is a player I would love to see us with

Someone explain why Houston likes our package so much? I guess Jorts and TD (both expiring deals) is ok for an aging Camby
    You are out of your mind.. ray Allen is still light years ahead of Miller and barrier... Miller is a statue... Did u even watch the games this year... Ray Allen still runs around screens and finds his spot and can drive to the hole and lay it in or shoot his shot from the outside.... Miami just may have crossed their t,s and dotted their I.s on their dynasty right here... Just as good as Miller" haha... I find it hard to believe u watches the games ... I know Ray was hurt a lot but wen he was in he did all those things mentioned... Did u watch the Boston/mia ....I thought Ray Allen should've been our top priority after Lin

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Camby should have never been traded from NY. Over the years in the NBA, he's been elite at rebounding and shot blocking, a good passer for a center and a great teammate. Always playing on a competitive team because of his level of play.

K-Mart is a hated rival, former Nets goon and a punk. I can't stand to see him in a Knicks jersey.

Give me Camby, it cancels Amare out on center, and we'll have a potential Jefferies/Camby/Chandler defensive trio that would give the Knicks the BEST interior defense in the NBA. The paint will be well guarded and we'll have elite perimeter defenders to protect us with Kidd and Shumpert.

We make this move, Knicks easily win 50 games with having a top 2 defense in the NBA. Bookmark this post if I'm wrong.

Jordan Schultz ‏@206Child
    Hearing that Marcus Camby sign-and-trade deal to the ‪#Knicks‬ is almost complete; details coming.

Source confirms ‪#Knicks‬ are on verge of acquiring Marcus Camby via sign-and-trade for Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson, Dan Gadzuric, JJordan.

To confirm, if Camby sign-and-trade does go through, the mini mid-level still goes to Jason Kidd yes