Should the Knicks Sign Lin / Match Houston?

Should the Knicks Resign Jeremy Lin?

• any PG will do

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoolClyde

OK, it seems the Knicks Online camp is divided on whether the Knicks should
sign JLin and match Houston's offer, or let Linsanity walk.

this here poll is for all KO members to voice their opinion on the issue,
once and for all.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
yea bro its easy to make a poll...epic fail

I choose to match the offer.

You are paying a very good PG that put the team on his back when Melo and Amare were injured and played remarkable only 5 mil a year for the first two years...then 9 mil in years 3 and 4....in 3 or 4 years he should be worth 9 mil

the 4th year is a team option so the rockets helped the knicks in a way, the contract is not that bad

We should resign Lin without a doubt

CoolClyde

damn you guys are quick, i was editing and the poll didn't show up. i think.
is it there now? where's my poll? is it that small you don't see it? poll?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
There's the poll! Nice thread CoolC. That 3rd option is another CCC - CoolClyde Classic. :lol:

You match the offer, because he is a PG who is a hard worker and willing to learn.

1 million percent agreed.

To add to that, he's played with these players and knows their tendencies. Which, as the PG of this team that can now truly vie for the EC crown, is pivotal beyond recall.

He knows the coaches' M.O.

He plays decent D and can only improve as Chandler talks him through it.

He now has Kidd coming in for the ultimate tutelage from one generation of PGs to the next. Again, adding to that defensive learning curve, never mind the offense.

His injury has been blown WAY out of proportion.

Dolan won't even sneeze at the luxury tax. As if that pompous little pop off is going to have another billionaire outbid him in the Lin stakes.

It's a Lin Lin.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
We already anticipated the amount for his first and second year. I can only assume he'd be even better the third and fourth year. So the question is, does he worth what Houston is paying him for the 3rd and 4th year? I'd like to think it's a YES!

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Lin has that rare ability to singlehandedly get wins for a team...... That alone is worth the contract and then some.........

Lin does four things as well as any starting PG in the league, defense (only Chalmers, and maybe Teague are better), breaking down the defense with the dribble (only Rondo, Westbrook, Paul, Rose, and maybe Irving are better), seeing the floor (only Nash, Rondo, and maybe Rubio are better), and clutch play (only Chris Paul had a better 4th qtr PER last season).

Lin's only weaknesses are shooting from the field, turnovers, picking up the dribble in traffic, and taking unnecessary fouls. All will likely improve.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Lin has that rare ability to singlehandedly get wins for a team...... That alone is worth the contract and then some.........

Lin does four things as well as any starting PG in the league, defense (only Chalmers, and maybe Teague are better), breaking down the defense with the dribble (only Rondo, Westbrook, Paul, Rose, and maybe Irving are better), seeing the floor (only Nash, Rondo, and maybe Rubio are better), and clutch play (only Chris Paul had a better 4th qtr PER last season).

Lin's only weaknesses are shooting from the field, turnovers, picking up the dribble in traffic, and taking unnecessary fouls. All will likely improve.

good points...Lin's clutch ability makes him worth a big contract

platnumn

Benchwarmer

LOL the guy played 25 games.

I am as big a Lin fan as the next person, but stop touting him in the Top 3 and 4 when we've yet to see even a 1/3rd of a full NBA season from him.

It's ridiculous.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

THIS^^^ Rep

CoolClyde

but from a business standpoint, JLIN already proved his worth from LINSANITY sales, Knicks t-shirts, Linsanity t-shirts, filled garden seats, filled arenas wherever he played, international rights to Knick games, etc. He has ALREADY made the Knicks org more money than they're going to pay him for the next four years.

that being said, what is Lin worth as a player? he showed the ability to score in the clutch and win games, he played defense, he got into the paint, he dished and swished and made a mediocre team without STAT, without MELO, into winners. he was able to dish to Novak, to Chandler, to STAT. with little to no experience!!!!!

whether or not he is a flash in the pan (wok joke), even if Lin is not capable of being the starting PG (something the Knicks need more than anything right now), who else is there for the money the Knicks have, that can do better than Lin did last year in his short but sweet insane stretch of magnificence? Felton? Sessions? Machado? Felton's numbers went down in Portland, Sessions faltered in the playoffs, and Machado is unproven macho college material.

Remember, Antoni was famous for driving his players into the ground ("i'll ride him like Secretariat"), and Lin saved his job (for the time being as it was), and played harder than any Knick (other than Chandler), on offense AND defense, no wonder he went down with injury.

Lin is EXACTLY what this club needs, the fact that the Knicks are ABLE to afford him, thanks to the early Bird rights ruling (not mention Dolan's mega-bucks), who give a flying f*ck about the salary cap implications and penalties? Not Dolan! Knick fans should rejoice in the fact we can have him on the team, if not as a first option, then a primo second. He is worth the money, from a business AND player (ie: professional) viewpoint.

IMHO. Amen.

PS: I voted yes

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Lin can sell popularity to the Asian market, bring a new dimension to already hot market in NYC... The fact is Lin is a raw potential that has upside but is a glaring liability right now... Is he worth this type of contract no one can really say... But as of now he is more a negative then a positive... Is he intelligent, of course he is ~ an Ivy League School, but again eagerness to be better and having the ability to be better... I think for the money on the table there are more valuable players available then paying an unknown to collect a payday that he doesn't deserve...

So I say "NO" Lin hasn't earned this type contract... 25 games he didn't prove nothing but be a spark to a league with no off-season to prepare for that short 66 game season...

People forget the Miami Heat made Lin look like a Jr Varsity Point Guard, at this point Lin is better served as a back-up not a multi-million dollar player handed the starting role from one third of a season aspect...

Could Lin become that superstar in two or three years?
Will LeBron James win another Championship?
Can Melo & Stat perform as a successful tandem?
Will Nash bring new life to Kobe n the Lakers?

These are questions with answers that go either way ~ 50/50 chance...

Knicks right now have a roster that can win now, and crap shoot a 50/50 chance that Lin will be the missing piece in the future, is NOT now...

jimkcchief88

All Star
I voted no. As stated above, 25 games is too small a sample size for a long-term contract. Let Houston step in the grass.... And I don't know why marketing is even part of the equation. Our last marketing point-guard "Starbury" was a disaster. Miami just won without a top-tier PG. Dallas won with PG by committee.... Bulls won 6 without a PG... Lakers won with Fish....IDK:(

CoolClyde

OK, i'm liking the feedback and can appreciate where the NO's are coming from. bear in mind, the only reason Lin became a marketing star was because the Knicks starting Linning many many games. i don't agree that 25 games is too little time to gauge the Linsanity. but I agree to disagree.

<Kiyaman quote: Clyde took to long at a poll >

that's what she said. why is everyone dissing my poll? it was up 20 seconds after the thread was made. jeez!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
OK, i'm liking the feedback and can appreciate where the NO's are coming from. bear in mind, the only reason Lin became a marketing star was because the Knicks starting Linning many many games. i don't agree that 25 games is too little time to gauge the Linsanity. but I agree to disagree.

<Kiyaman quote: Clyde took to long at a poll >

that's what she said. why is everyone dissing my poll? it was up 20 seconds after the thread was made. jeez!!

No the poll was on point CC...But check it...maybe we started "Linning" because of the surprise factor. Remember Kobe before that Friday night game "Jeremy Who". Its like the kid at the gym who shows up, doesn't look like a baller, then torches everybody. All of a sudden, you aren't a secret anymore and guys start checkin ya... When that happened to Lin, all of a sudden he is shut down for the season. 4 weeks became 6 weeks became 8 weeks became out for the season. So he was "too valuable" to play game 4-5 in the playoffs??? Valuable or hiding???? IDK:(