View Poll Results: Should the Knicks Resign Jeremy Lin?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Linsanity must return to NYC!

38 80.85%
  • NO! Spike Lin is not worth $30 over 4 years!

8 17.02%
  • I'm not sure, but I like dumpLINgs in my soup

1 2.13%
  • any PG will do

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should the Knicks Sign Lin / Match Houston?

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    My only worry is injury. I pray to god the last one was just a fluke, everyone gets injured now and then, but I hope he isn't an injury prone type player. To me the question isn't will he be good enough of a player to earn that money it is getting, its will he stay healthy.
    Totally agree...... If Lin stays healthy, his ceiling is scary high............

But if he's injury prone, he could end up being the Stephen Strasburg of basketball.

Originally Posted by tkrieger
    Totally agree...... If Lin stays healthy, his ceiling is scary high............

But if he's injury prone, he could end up being the Stephen Strasburg of basketball.
    scary high....no way thats saying he's a future MVP candidate I think Lin is going to be by a mild mannered person's standards a very good NBA point guard likely All-Star due to the voting he'll get, remember Yao

I'm excited to see how he develops, will he athletically be able to hold his own with the new era of point guards and will he learn all things necessary from J-Kidd

If anyone thinks we should not match Lin's deal they have their head up their anus.

People forget that we were only in the playoffs because this guy carried us when Mike D was steering our ship to the bottom of the ocean while Melo and Amare were not even playing.

What he did was phenomenal because he saved us from being an utter embarrassment and missing the playoffs which would have led to the team being blown up with trades due to public outcry.

He can run the floor
    He has great court vision
    He makes other players better
    His ability to drive to the hoop is top notch, he has to be one of the best at contact layups.
    HE CAN PENETRATE A DEFENSE AND CREATE BALL MOVEMENT(this is our biggest need on offense) we lacked this ability when Lin went down, no one could drive to the hoop like Lin could and break down and opposing team's defense.
    He has the ability to single handedly take over a basketball game
    He improves his game quickly, example would be his FT% improving and his outside shot being more consistent as the games went on.
    He has stamina, he played 40 min a night during that 3 week stretch of Linsanity.
    He is 23 years old!!!
    The team loves him, this is very important with stars with big egos like we have that demand the ball, they actually respect Lin.
    HE IS CLUTCH!!!!
    He now has a mentor and legit backup PG that is healthy and will be effective.
    He is a smart basketball player, IQ off the charts on and off the court
    Hall of famers like Bob Cousy have praised him for his awarness as a PG, this means more than you know. Experience spots true ballers.
    He is loved and loves the Knicks, he wants to be here.
    He knows he deserves the money, so we should give it to him and bring him back.

We need Lin. End of discussion.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    If anyone thinks we should not match Lin's deal they have their head up their anus.

People forget that we were only in the playoffs because this guy carried us when Mike D was steering our ship to the bottom of the ocean while Melo and Amare were not even playing.

What he did was phenomenal because he saved us from being an utter embarrassment and missing the playoffs which would have led to the team being blown up with trades due to public outcry.

He can run the floor
    He has great court vision
    He makes other players better
    His ability to drive to the hoop is top notch, he has to be one of the best at contact layups.
    HE CAN PENETRATE A DEFENSE AND CREATE BALL MOVEMENT(this is our biggest need on offense) we lacked this ability when Lin went down, no one could drive to the hoop like Lin could and break down and opposing team's defense.
    He has the ability to single handedly take over a basketball game
    He improves his game quickly, example would be his FT% improving and his outside shot being more consistent as the games went on.
    He has stamina, he played 40 min a night during that 3 week stretch of Linsanity.
    He is 23 years old!!!
    The team loves him, this is very important with stars with big egos like we have that demand the ball, they actually respect Lin.
    HE IS CLUTCH!!!!
    He now has a mentor and legit backup PG that is healthy and will be effective.
    He is a smart basketball player, IQ off the charts on and off the court
    Hall of famers like Bob Cousy have praised him for his awarness as a PG, this means more than you know. Experience spots true ballers.
    He is loved and loves the Knicks, he wants to be here.
    He knows he deserves the money, so we should give it to him and bring him back.

We need Lin. End of discussion.

alright Pablo! you brought up more positives than I could've named.
    this type of intelligent play and acknowledgement by those in the know just warrants what pro-Linners have been saying all along; he's got it, he's smart, he improves, he IS NOT A FLUKE.

I definitely think we should match Houston's offer for Lin and do all we can to keep hold of him, if for no other reason than we don't have many options at Point Guard after Kidd (39 years old, would we get enough production from him at that age over multiple years as a starter in 82 game seasons) and Toney Douglas (showed over his Knicks career he is better as a role player off the bench than starting Point Guard).

How exactly does it work? Houston have made Lin an offer and we have the right to match that offer. If we do, does Lin then have the choice of which team to sign for, or by matching any other offers mean that he has to sign with the Knicks? Basically, is there a scenario whereby we match all offers Lin receives from other teams yet still lose him?

Originally Posted by ChrisN7
    I definitely think we should match Houston's offer for Lin and do all we can to keep hold of him, if for no other reason than we don't have many options at Point Guard after Kidd (39 years old, would we get enough production from him at that age over multiple years as a starter in 82 game seasons) and Toney Douglas (showed over his Knicks career he is better as a role player off the bench than starting Point Guard).

How exactly does it work? Houston have made Lin an offer and we have the right to match that offer. If we do, does Lin then have the choice of which team to sign for, or by matching any other offers mean that he has to sign with the Knicks? Basically, is there a scenario whereby we match all offers Lin receives from other teams yet still lose him?
    Knicks match, Lin remains a Knick

Originally Posted by CoolClyde

alright Pablo! you brought up more positives than I could've named.
    this type of intelligent play and acknowledgement by those in the know just warrants what pro-Linners have been saying all along; he's got it, he's smart, he improves, he IS NOT A FLUKE.
    Thanks clyde, I also forgot to mention he has an ability to draw fouls at a high rate...he can sell a call and looks to draw contact.

His defense has been bad at times, but other times it has been solid...example would be the block on D Rose, the occasional steal...he might not be fantastic on the ball but he has defensive awareness. His on ball defense needs to be more consistent, but that can be taught, it is simply improving foot work to stay in front of your man.

Lin's faults are minor and can be fixed...ball handling, decision making while under pressure, and on ball defense can be improved with simple experience and mentoring ala Jason Kidd.

If Raymond Felton averaged 9 assists per game with only Amare and Gallo...then imagine the numbers Lin can generate with a full season of Amare, Chandler and Melo

He will be a great player, should be an allstar eventually

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    YES

Dolan got Lin one of the leagues best tutors ..
    I don't think it wasn't Dolan's doing...more of Cuban 'undoing' forced Kidd to Knicks. Cuban showed absolutely no desire in retaining any of his championship players, all except Dirk.

If i were Dirk, I would request to a trade to Knicks and join my formal teammates!

Dirk for Stat!

Originally Posted by Cuckoo
    I don't think it wasn't Dolan's doing...more of Cuban 'undoing' forced Kidd to Knicks. Cuban showed absolutely no desire in retaining any of his championship players, all except Dirk.

If i were Dirk, I would request to a trade to Knicks and join my formal teammates!

Dirk for Stat!
    championship! lol