Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Praised by Team USA

Default Carmelo Anthony Praised by Team USA

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

what the hell do those guys know

All of them their know what Melo's capable of, he just doesn't put this type of effort for a full 82 games. If this is the Melo we will be seeing for his tenure with the Knicks than i wouldn't rather anyone else not named LeBron or Durant on this team.

BTW Kobe is starting to show his age, his face is starting to look skeletal.

Originally Posted by CA7
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

what the hell do those guys know
    What Kobe said about him is spot on. The US Team is not asking Melo to be anything other than what he is, a scoring machine a finisher. The reason why Melo struggled under Mike D'Antoni is because he was being asked to be a facilitator out of the Point Forward position. This is NOT his strength & he has never been asked to play that type of role on any other team he's been on. It's no wonder whatsoever why he played much more at ease under Mike Woodson when he took over, because he wasn't being asked to orchestrate nearly as much. Just let the man do his thing, he is 1 of the elite scorers in the NBA. Let other guys orchestrate. Now we have Lin & J Kidd, 1 of the best orchestrators in the history of the game, to handle that burden. I expect Melo to have a monster season for us next year.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    What Kobe said about him is spot on. The US Team is not asking Melo to be anything other than what he is, a scoring machine a finisher. The reason why Melo struggled under Mike D'Antoni is because he was being asked to be a facilitator out of the Point Forward position. This is NOT his strength & he has never been asked to play that type of role on any other team he's been on. It's no wonder whatsoever why he played much more at ease under Mike Woodson when he took over, because he wasn't being asked to orchestrate nearly as much. Just let the man do his thing, he is 1 of the elite scorers in the NBA. Let other guys orchestrate. Now we have Lin & J Kidd, 1 of the best orchestrators in the history of the game, to handle that burden. I expect Melo to have a monster season for us next year.
    Good post, repped.

Veteran

And I didn't here the words "lazy" mentioned once....

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    And I didn't here the words "lazy" mentioned once....
    GIFSoup

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

shows the new commitment he's been talking about all offseason. this dude is on a mission and im glad he's a knick i'd do that trade all over again. thankfully hes a knick hahah. Theres a reason he came on at the end of the season, Woodson used him to his strengths. Won player of the week like twice or three times at the end of the season, Won player of the month in April. started to be used correctly and it showed. i expect more of that and he's slimmer now too, which is a plus. Also, his defensive effort was noteworthy he's back.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    shows the new commitment he's been talking about all offseason. this dude is on a mission and im glad he's a knick i'd do that trade all over again. thankfully hes a knick hahah. Theres a reason he came on at the end of the season, Woodson used him to his strengths. Won player of the week like twice or three times at the end of the season, Won player of the month in April. started to be used correctly and it showed. i expect more of that and he's slimmer now too, which is a plus. Also, his defensive effort was noteworthy he's back.

Who cares, Melo sucks

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Who cares, Melo FAT & sucks
    fixed

nice to see him actually in good shape. we will see come next season. hope he performs like the future HOFamer he is.

You can't NOT praise a guy on the national team, and anyway this is like a fun time for them because they are expected to stomp all over the rest of the world.

It's a big party for Team USA, of course they will be in high spirits.

Conclusion: whatever, man; let's see him bring the house down over the full 82.

The USA team is as follows:
    USA squad: Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks), Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Tyson Chandler (New York Knicks), Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers), James Harden (Oklahoma City Thunder), Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers), LeBron James (Miami Heat), Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves), Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder), and Deron Williams (Brooklyn Nets).

The only liability I see is Carmelo.

Originally Posted by Knicks32
    The USA team is as follows:
    USA squad: Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks), Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Tyson Chandler (New York Knicks), Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers), James Harden (Oklahoma City Thunder), Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers), LeBron James (Miami Heat), Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves), Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers), Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder), and Deron Williams (Brooklyn Nets).

The only liability I see is Carmelo.
    U really see a liability in this group? and of all ppl it's Melo?!? Please please please explain that.

lmfao at Carmelo being the only liability....cut the dude a break